Honored Contributor
Congratulations are in order for CBS Daytime's The Young and the Restless; daytime's number one soap opera was just renewed for three more seasons.

In a time when it's exciting, earth-shattering news to hear that a soap opera has been renewed for just one more season, CBS Daytime has announced that the genre's number one rated show, The Young and the Restless, has been renewed for an impressive three more seasons!

Respected Contributor

It really is the best soap on air. 

Esteemed Contributor

That makes me happy....do enjoy the show......thanks for the info!

Trusted Contributor

Yoo Hoo, Y & R is on the books for three more years!!!

This show truly is part of my daily routine and has been for 40 years. Many, many fond memories of talking to my grandmother and mother (both deceased) about that dastardly devil, Victor Newman & his long suffering wife, Nicki.

dee

Trusted Contributor

While we are on the topic of Y & R, can I get a shout out to Peter Bergman & his blue eyes wearing that baby blue tie last week??? That is one handsome man. Heart

dee

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle, same here.  I grew up watching 'the stories' with my mother and grandmother during the summer when school was out when they were 15 minutes long.  I guess I was kind of forced into it because there was only one tv.  

These days, I get very angry at some SLs but n the end, I will never totally give up my soaps.  I might cut back until a SL is over but I'll alway be loyal to my soaps, Y&R and B&B.  This Sheila character returning is really challenging my loyalty to the shows.  A new reign of terror is by her is believable anymore, even for a soap.  How many times has she risen from the grave?  So now we're going to have the two she demons fighting...Quinn versus Sheila??  Are we watching a Japanese monster movie with two monsters pitted against each other?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

While we are on the topic of Y & R, can I get a shout out to Peter Bergman & his blue eyes wearing that baby blue tie last week??? That is one handsome man. Heart

dee

I have to add that I agree about his looks, but more important to me is his acting. He is great in the part he plays. Makes the show far more believable.  

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Yoo Hoo, Y & R is on the books for three more years!!!

This show truly is part of my daily routine and has been for 40 years. Many, many fond memories of talking to my grandmother and mother (both deceased) about that dastardly devil, Victor Newman & his long suffering wife, Nicki.

dee

I love the part of Victor - he is my kind of "devil".  I really prefer him with Nikki, and wish they could work around that twosome rather than constantly splitting them up.  Let the others feud, but leave these two together. They just seem to fit.

I'm sure you are much younger than me, but I remember well listening to the radio with my Grandmother for Stella Dallas, Our Gal Sunday, then As the World Turns and so many others. She was a huge fan and made one of me.

BTW I also want to say that it would please me no end to have Abby and Hillary leave the show. Can't stand either of them.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup I agree with you about Victor and Niki.  I think they belong together too.  I don't like it when they have her turn to alcohol.  

I wonder what will happen with Victor now?  Maybe for real the actor is taking time off.

I posted here I wonder when they are going to write out for a little which the actress who plays Abby since she announced she's pregnant.  I thought maybe she and her husband couldn't have a baby because a few years ago they adopted a baby.  I've often heard that happens but didn't realize it really does.  Ha!

I thought I read where they tape 1 month ahead.  I keep reading over on GH that they have heard that our "Dylan" is coming back to them.  Good....keep him there.

Honored Contributor

Does that Charlie kid give anyone else the creeps?  He does me!  What the hay is his problem?  What difference does it make to him what his sister does?  He's always sneaking around, peeking, looking at the two of them.

The actress who plays Phyllis is looking really pretty these days.  However (here it goes), she looks like she is wearing a nightgown today.  (That read thin strap dress, looks like it could be a sexy nighty).

Do people wear things like that in a corporate office?  I know in my late husband's office they were pretty laid back, but if someone came in wearing an outfit like that his partner would probably say something.

Cain just tried to do the deed to Lilly and she broke away....I can understand that.  Especially since all of this is so new!  Here we go again, I wonder if he'll turn to the baby momma and she'll turn to ....well...Victor is available and could use some lovin'.