Honored Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„ Y&R December 2017 SPOILERS!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme I know it will be painful for Our Girl Foxxie... @Mmsfoxxie but you know, sometimes the truth hurts... 

Smiley Surprised

In time, I'm hoping she'll come to accept what she can't change...

Smiley Very Happy

If not, well, we all know what happened to Laura...

Related image

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I just got around last night to watching the rest of this past week's shows off of my DVR.  When Lily was in the coffee shop telling Charlie about meeting an older man in a chat room when she was a teen of his age, with whom she lost her virginity & he gave her an STD, wasn't that Kevin Fisher?

@aubnwa01

yes, lily lost her virginity to kevin AND got an std from him.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Good gosh, for such a twerp ole Kevin really got around...

Then again, for such a princess, so has Diamond Lil...

Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Good gosh, for such a twerp ole Kevin really got around...

Then again, for such a princess, so has Diamond Lil...

Smiley Surprised

NO COMMENT!!!!!! But tempting, @stevieb!

Trusted Contributor

a few of my December Y & R thoughts:

I agree that Sharon's gown was atrocious, like something out of a 70's Bond film. Sharon always looks the best understated and wearing light make up. That hair of hers is a hot mess. How much is original vs extensions? I won't even go into how slovenly Scott is. You'd think he could clean up some for a national TV interview. He looks like he probably smells Woman Surprised

Jack & Ashley's (& even Billy) sibling competition has always been a huge back story with the Abbotts. Ten years ago or so Jack & Ashley had a bitter falling out over control of Jabot and I thought that was it for them. They did not speak for years. 

Gloria cracked me up the way she would NOT defer to Ashley. I'd like Glo's character to have a real storyline, but I don't see that happening with the departure of Gregg K (Kevin) and the minimization of Michael.

I'm sorry to see Ravi being used as Ashley's boy toy. The expression on his face when he understood her intent was spot on. He's not going to go for that in the long term. The only man Ashley has ever been simpatico with was Brad Carlton. 

I do like the way the Ashby story is progressing, teenagers and all. Lily has really evolved, and Cane seems more how he was previously written. Lily & Sam are going to have an unbreakable bond IMO. I Heart this.

I loved Abby's earrings Friday. Thin leaf shaped with a peachy rose gold enameling. Victoria is clamped up tighter than an oyster but JT will be the one to loosen her up. I always thought they were end game, not Villy.

take good care my Y & R "peeps",

dee

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle.So true about Scott. If they think his wild and wooly look is somehow tapping into something, I don't think it is for most viewers... I'm sort of half way liking the character better but it's in spite of the way he presents himself... That said, I also wouldn't be opposed to a recast...

For me, Ashley hasn't always been a sympathetic character and it seems she's heading down that road again. Seems she and Victoria have more in common than she'd probably care to admit. There was something quite telling in her reaction to Jack's efforts to bond with Dina. She had to get out of the house and Ravi was her fall back plan...

I too would like to see Gloria become a little more than one dimensional... I don't know that she needs her sons in order for there to be a viable story line for her, but it would be nice to see them using her in a more substantial way.

Honored Contributor

For quite a while now many of us have been bemoaning the need to bring Adam back... Interesting that, for me, given the improved writing, I'm no longer chomping on that bit... While the show clearly needs a few attractive, youthful males, and while another new Adam might well open up several Pandora's boxes, I no longer feel his return is instrumental in making the show interesting... I do think the show needs a couple of new characters to sustain the core families and that would be introduced and developed over time and I continue to think that some of the existing characters wouldn't be much missed were they to be sent packing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle 

I agree Glo needs a storyline whether her boys are around or not.

And โ€œslovenly Scottโ€ - I just want to get the clippers out. Buzzzzz!  He was held captive, youโ€™d think, after that, he would want to get a haircut and clean up!

Although a weird and unprofessional way to begin a relationship (in some states unethical and punishable by medical boards)

I think Ashley also got along well with her husband and psychiatrist Dr Stephen Lassiter. 

Honored Contributor

I read on another board that this will be Dina's last Christmas.  If so, that would explain Graham coming back.  Money, money, money.  Although obviously, she was not of sound mind when the will was drawn up.  But we are in soap operaland where anything is possible.

โ€œYou canโ€™t wait until life isnโ€™t hard anymore to be happyโ€. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, Itโ€™s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, ooh! I hope you're soo wrong!Woman Sad  I love the actress who plays Dina.  They need an 'older' lady on board:  something that's been grossly lacking since Katherine passed.