Honored Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„ Y&R December 2017 SPOILERS!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

@Annabellethecat66 I don't remember a lot of the whole Mac presence or story lines either... I probably wasn't watching much at the time and I also recall that at least of the actors they had playing Mac was such a turn-off that I tended to fast forward through most of her scenes. I remember at the time being completely uninterested in the character. I wasn't following the show when a lot of this stuff involving Mac, JT, Victoria, Cane, etc. was going on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb @Mmsfoxxie @loveschocolate I used to watch both of those shows every day.  Try as hard as I can I can't remember the Mac stuff/time.  Maybe I was busy raising my girls.  

Anyway, I'm ready for one or two core families.  I'm tired of the same old/same old.  I want them to have some good looking males (with good bodies)...heh! heh!  (Hey!  I'm old....not dead).

I remember way back with Snapper (Jill's brother).  He was nice looking back then.  His mom was Mrs. Chancellor's maid.  That's how much of that got started.

Anyway, I sometimes fast forward over the kissy face stuff makes me sick....so I push my favorite button (other than the delete one) and move ahead.

I think it's really funny that Niki had what's it (Kevin) move the money since Victurd had Kevin do his dirty work too (steal the money from Nick).  Incidentally, where did he have the money moved to?  Just another thing we're supposed to forget about.  Wouldn't that show up too?  

I have my accountants move money all of the time but I'm very careful on where it's going and the amount.  After 9/11....well it's a good safety thing for our government.

They would have flagged that immediately if this weren't a soap.  

I wish we'd go back to who's doing what with who (or is it whom).  This isn't why people watch soaps (all of this mombo/office junk).  Ugh!

@stevieb Use your imagination....come up with something and maybe I can get it going too....I need a start...you're a better writer than I am....get me started....

Oh for the good old days when the core families were the Brooks, Fosters and Prentices, and the Chancellors.. Before David (โ€œIโ€™m very big in Germanyโ€) Hasselhoff  was Snapper, when the gorgeous William Gray Espy made my heart skip a beat.  When Michael Baldwin was a rapist and David Kimball died in the trash compactor.  Good times!

When they really knew how to write a soap! Man LOL

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb, this was the same regarding good SLs for The Secret Storm and The Edge of Night.  I really miss As the World Turns & Guiding Light.

~

I wish they would not have selected Dina as the one to have Alzheimer's Disease.  Dina could have made a wickedly, great matriarch. Oh, the battles that woman could have with everyone!

~

As for the SL regarding Alzheimer's Disease,  Dina could have returned with her sister, who has early on-set AD and then the SL of how this disease develops and the steps the Abbott family takes to help their mom/Dina care for her sister/their Aunt.  Then Dina could battle all of GC in her fiesty way, with that walk and her purse.

~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mzlg In their prime, it was hard to beat ATWT and Guiding Light was exceptional for many years... I'd stopped watching soaps well prior to their cancellations and never really checked back in. I essentially just re-upped with Y&R a couple of years ago... Wow, what a difference... Soaps just aren't what they used to be by a long shot...

I so agree about Dina. Her return could have been such a shot in the arm for the show, which has needed some kind of matriarch/grand dame since Katherine's demise... If they wanted to do a socially relevant story line about Alzheimer's, good for them, it's worthwhile, but I too wish they'd have opted to involve someone else. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb I have to wonder how long it went on?  It must have been (like you said) less than memorable.....

I was reading some things on the internet when I was looking for something else and this article was talking about the differences in the soaps now versus like in the 80's.

I totally agree.  I don't think any of them are even close to as good as they used to be.

Mentioning Reva and that group....well...it brought back memories.  That was good .....

Had to go back and add...those stupid Dr shows threw off all of the good soaps.  Now the Dr shows have been blown to the wind and those dumb talk shows (like "The Talk") have filled in....I guess "Julie" will be around for awhile considering who she's married to....he won't get rid of that dumb show.  I can't stand that show....those woman clapping at every word said...ugh!

They interrupt the soaps every single time but I've never seen them interrupt that dumb show.

OK, I'm finished!

Honored Contributor

@Wheatchick1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@stevieb @Mmsfoxxie @loveschocolate I used to watch both of those shows every day.  Try as hard as I can I can't remember the Mac stuff/time.  Maybe I was busy raising my girls.  

Anyway, I'm ready for one or two core families.  I'm tired of the same old/same old.  I want them to have some good looking males (with good bodies)...heh! heh!  (Hey!  I'm old....not dead).

I remember way back with Snapper (Jill's brother).  He was nice looking back then.  His mom was Mrs. Chancellor's maid.  That's how much of that got started.

Anyway, I sometimes fast forward over the kissy face stuff makes me sick....so I push my favorite button (other than the delete one) and move ahead.

I think it's really funny that Niki had what's it (Kevin) move the money since Victurd had Kevin do his dirty work too (steal the money from Nick).  Incidentally, where did he have the money moved to?  Just another thing we're supposed to forget about.  Wouldn't that show up too?  

I have my accountants move money all of the time but I'm very careful on where it's going and the amount.  After 9/11....well it's a good safety thing for our government.

They would have flagged that immediately if this weren't a soap.  

I wish we'd go back to who's doing what with who (or is it whom).  This isn't why people watch soaps (all of this mombo/office junk).  Ugh!

@stevieb Use your imagination....come up with something and maybe I can get it going too....I need a start...you're a better writer than I am....get me started....

Oh for the good old days when the core families were the Brooks, Fosters and Prentices, and the Chancellors.. Before David (โ€œIโ€™m very big in Germanyโ€) Hasselhoff  was Snapper, when the gorgeous William Gray Espy made my heart skip a beat.  When Michael Baldwin was a rapist and David Kimball died in the trash compactor.  Good times!

When they really knew how to write a soap! Man LOL

Uh huh and when old Jill used to fantasize about all the ways she was going to get back at Katherine and when she wasn't fantasizing about that she was fantasizing about seducing all of her hot, hunky male secretaries... And to think... she ended up with Colic... 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Reva was a hoot and one of my personal favorites was Lucinda Walsh on ATWT and her ongoing battle with the Snyder family, to whom her adopted daughter was related... Liz Hubbard as Lucinda was exceptional, just as she'd been years before on The Doctors... And Emma Snyder was the quintessential soap mom...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And @Annabellethecat66@mzlg I don't know if you were a viewer, but I was weaned on Another World and the fabulous Beverlee McKinsey as Iris Carrington set the standard for evil but vulnerable soap bitches...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Yes!  Loved Lucinda and even though she was a businesswoman, we didn't have to sit and watch hours and hours about her company and bla bla about the company ummm....wait for it...company 'stuff'.  Ugh!

I like that Billy is jealous of Cane getting cudos.  That's a human response.

I'd love to see Cane screw up, like he usually does.  He's a real slimeball.  Can't stand him even more.  He made sure he busted on Victoria but neglected to tell JT how he screwed up major.

It not like I'm so protective about Victoria I just got sick hearing him bla bla like he's all that.  Good grief!  Someone needs to take him down....

It's as if these writers can't decide if  Hillary is going to be sweet or evil....

Regular Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

And @Annabellethecat66@mzlg I don't know if you were a viewer, but I was weaned on Another World and the fabulous Beverlee McKinsey as Iris Carrington set the standard for evil but vulnerable soap bitches...

And William Gray Espy as Mitch Blake......oooh baby!