Trusted Contributor

Yeah, I'm still teetering on it.. I have them dv'rd so I watch them when I'm bored or want background noise, but I've always watched them for background.

Yeah Nikki's wig is beyond bad. And as many nice cut wigs as are available these days, that's just odd.

As far as the social distancing.. well when three are in the room and they all shift on camera, they could work on that !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

Not going to complain about this show, because it's better than DAYS and B&B. Okay, I have one complaint. With Sharon's medical treatments, why do they have her made up like she's heading to the bar for an evening out? I'd expect to see her in loungewear with no make-up on. After all, she's being treated for cancer and just had surgery.

Honored Contributor

I loved Y and R from the start in 1973, but stopped watching in 1980, they got rid of the Brooks Family who were the original premise of the show, and started bringing in all new characters, we parted ways then. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Not going to complain about this show, because it's better than DAYS and B&B. Okay, I have one complaint. With Sharon's medical treatments, why do they have her made up like she's heading to the bar for an evening out? I'd expect to see her in loungewear with no make-up on. After all, she's being treated for cancer and just had surgery.

@AuntG - I thought the same thing when I saw Sharon in that cut-out top.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I quit watching it altogether.

too stupid for  me I"m  too practical and don't believe in Santy claus any more.

corona pretty well woke  me up and I saw how stupid it was once my blinders were off. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE, that's the first thing I noticed - Chelsea's weight gain!  Even her face has changed.

Well guess we're not the only ones battling the 'covid 20'Woman LOL.

Honored Contributor

I tuned in one day back on Mon think it was and thought now she looked like she had been eating like the rest of us.

those poor actors have to live like plants to make themselves super skinny probably wouldn't had showed if she hadn't had to put on that slinky dress.

She may be on some kind of meds too, they can give you squirrel cheeks.

cortisone meds think it is.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I watched with anticipation knowing new episodes were beginning. Obviously, the writers did not take their time off to come up with anything new...Yes, I can tell that in a few weeks. 

OK, so the actors are being responsible and staying far away from eachother during scenes, having temps taken before going on set, but so far, it's the same old stuff. 

I had stopped watching long before Covid provided us with random repeat episodes. Figuring something could have changed, I gave this show another chance. Now, I'm officially finished with Y&R.

Thoughts?

@Shanus 

Funny ... that's exactly what I did.   Gave the new shows a chance and they just didn't hold my interest ... even a little.  Too much time has passed.    

I have better things I can do with that 5 hours a week ... even taking a nap would be better than watching and trying to re-engage.   I'm done.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I watched with anticipation knowing new episodes were beginning. Obviously, the writers did not take their time off to come up with anything new...Yes, I can tell that in a few weeks. 

OK, so the actors are being responsible and staying far away from eachother during scenes, having temps taken before going on set, but so far, it's the same old stuff. 

I had stopped watching long before Covid provided us with random repeat episodes. Figuring something could have changed, I gave this show another chance. Now, I'm officially finished with Y&R.

Thoughts?

@Shanus 

Funny ... that's exactly what I did.   Gave the new shows a chance and they just didn't hold my interest ... even a little.  Too much time has passed.    

I have better things I can do with that 5 hours a week ... even taking a nap would be better than watching and trying to re-engage.   I'm done.

@Tinkrbl44   Not everything improves with age or a long vacation. 😜

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I tuned in just long enough to see how they all looked.

Chelsea has put on weight, Adam needs a shave & shampoo

NIck and 'Red' still playing kids games at their ages.

Jacks son still playing up to his cousin what's his name and for what I don't know. Let it go.

Not a good fit for me any more guess I've out grew it.

@SharkE The actress who plays Chelsea posted a picture on Instagram at the end of July saying she was at a fertility clinic so the weight gain may be from hormones if she’s trying to get pregnant — just a thought.