Honored Contributor

Re: 🎄🎄 Y&R DECEMBER 2018 SPOILERS! 🎄🎄

@stevieb, I haven’t even watched Friday’s show yet. I post the recaps and spoilers but am finding it hard to watch anymore. Boring. 

Honored Contributor

@trenet You said what I tried to say only you said it much better.

I have to wonder who in world came up with the idea of a food truck?

There are a few areas out in the city where I live I see 'food trucks' riding around.  Believe me, they don't look like the one they show on Y&R!  You couldn't pay me to eat off of one of those things!

You are so right it does seem to be an effort to stero-type a group of people.  I have Latino friends and I don't think of them as eating in food trucks like the Billionaires on Y&R!  Ha!  My neighbor sometimes cooks special meals from her native El Salvador.  They are amazing.  She and I have had some good laughs talking about the Y&R food truck.  (She said she catches the show every now and then now that  she's working part-time).

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate... Well, in the boring category, Friday's show doesn't disappoint... Remember way back when the show used to be so good it was sort of a bummer it wasn't on over the weekend... Wow, how things have changed... We now need the weekend break to make it even possible to endure watching at all... 

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, December 11th from soaps.com:

At Victoria’s house, Nikki, shaken, pulls out the clothes they buried JT in. Victoria asks her to put them away, as she describes finding them on the bed. Vikki wonders how the culprit got past security…it has to be someone close to them. Nikki hides the bag as Reed enters. Victoria greets him, and Reed says he wanted to surprise them. Nikki observes, “You certainly did that.” Reed reveals he plans to find out how his dad died over his break. Victoria helps him take his things upstairs, and Nikki drinks from Victoria’s wine glass.

Phyllis arrives at home where Nick asks if there were any problems with the contract. Phyllis muses she just tied up some loose ends.

At the Abbott mansion, Billy wants Abby to go someplace and hang out. Abby notes they roll up the streets pretty early in this town, and offers apple pie instead. Billy declines, and Abby heads upstairs.

The next morning…

In the Abbott living room, Billy hears Jack give a statement by phone about Jabot’s Barlow deal. Jack asks about Phyllis, and Billy reveals she’s moving on with Nick. He knows he brought this about himself, and recalls Jack advising him that lashing out at Phyllis would come back to bite him. Jack surmises she won’t forgive him for whatever he did out of revenge. Billy knows she still loves him – maybe she just needs more time. Jack advises Billy to let her go. Billy won’t give up. Jack suggests he drop over to see Victoria and his kids. Billy asks about Kerry, and urges Jack to get back out there.

At Dark Horse, Abby tells Nick about Billy wanting to go out the night before and she realized there’s no hot spot for young people once his bar closed. She wants to open a hip eatery that turns into a bar after hours in her new building. Nick warns of the difficulties, and Abby wants him to guide her. He’s too busy, but suggests she put a strong business plan in place. Abby leaves, dejected, and complains to Arturo, who suggests other ideas for the space, but Abby is determined. She decides she knows just the person to help. Meanwhile, Nick is on the phone with Summer and vows to find her grandfather.

At Victoria’s house, Reed tells his mom and Nikki he wants to meet with Detective Rosales. Victoria insists they can fill him in. He wonders about an autopsy, and Vikki explains they never found his body. Reed, buoyed by this news, thinks maybe he’s alive and the police are wrong. They warn the authorities believe his body was moved. Reed asks who would do that? Nick arrives, greets Reed, and they all discuss Victor’s absence. Victoria cuts it off when Reed worries about Grandpa. After Reed and Nikki leave, Victoria tells Nick that Victor is Rey’s prime suspect…she thinks someone’s setting Dad up. Phyllis arrives and gets up to speed. Nick recalls Victor was mad enough to kill JT. Phyllis muses that it’s a possibility. Victoria argues the point. Nick has to go, and Victoria asks to pick Phyllis’s brain. After Nick’s gone, Phyllis tells Victoria that Victor being a suspect takes the heat off them. Victoria updates her on JT’s clothes showing up, and adds Nikki would never let Victor take the fall for something she did.

At the Club, Nikki confesses to Jack that she drank alcohol. Jack asks what has her so stressed, and she explains the stables burned down, and Reed came home and is in pain over his father. She clucks that it’s breaking Victoria’s heart. Jack says Nick told him Victor is incommunicado, and complains about him worrying Nikki. She tells him this is different; he’d just hired Summer and then disappeared. Jack’s pleased she’s going to a meeting and will go with her. Nearby, Abby tells Arturo that she plans to pick Devon’s brain about her idea.

At Jabot, Phyllis worries Billy was avoiding her this morning. He assures her he wouldn’t do that. Phyllis is glad because she enjoys working together. She speaks in a professional tone about a press release she’s going to send him. Billy answers politely, then briskly exits.

Phyllis kisses Nick at home. He thanks her for backing him up about his father. Phyllis knows she’s right where she belongs.

At Dark Horse, Jack calls Kerry and sets up a date.

At Crimson Lights, Reed thanks Billy for meeting him, then asks if he thinks his dad’s really dead. Billy replies, “Unfortunately, I do.” He’s sorry, and knows what it’s like to lose your dad. Reed says it’s not the same. Billy advises him to mind his anger. Reed intends to find out who killed JT and make them pay.

At Victoria’s house, Nikki doesn’t think Phyllis is framing Victor, and decides maybe she should stop playing into the tormentor’s hands…she needs to take control and prove Victor’s innocence. Victoria asks, “How?” Nikki replies, “Watch and learn.”

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Lauren gives Fen a wake-up call.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I take it you have never watched the Food Truck Race on the Food Network. They go to different cities & have challenges & who ever makes the most money moves on & the one with the least is elimited. The winner at the end is givven their own food truck. I think food trucks are popular some places especially outside big buildings where workers need a quick lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So, I guess Devon is now conducting business strictly out of his apartment... Ridiculous...

Getting tired of Rey's investigation... He calls one of the women in, they talk, it goes nowhere... Tedious... and so tired of the PD set...

And speaking of sets, other than Devon and the Rosales barrio... are we ever going to see any of these people in their homes again... Can't remember the last time we actually saw the Newman 'ranch', the Abbott mansion, the Chancellor estate or even Sharon's gate house... I guess the Abbott cabin and the tack house are completely off the set list at this point... Nick's 'new house' set if pretty unappealing...

And aside from those candy canes at the coffee shop, are they ever going to decorate for Christmas or is Mal, on top of everything else he inflicted on the show and viewers, going to play the Grinch...

@stevieb, Mal is just trying to be politically correct:  if he did Christmas he'd have to do all religious celebrations in the universe and beyond!

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 Never heard of it.  Always glad to learn something new.  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll look into watching a few of them.

I have seen 2 food trucks in the general vicinity not close to where I live but on my journeys.  I always thought they were usually near construction sites.  (Just from what I see on TV).

I know when they show New York (shows like Law and Order, etc) they show them eating food from vendors.  I used to see a lot of them when I ventured into DC (I try not to go there).  (Off topic:  Can you believe I've lived in Va all of my life and have managed to never have to have driven in DC).  Many of my friends are the same way.  Driving in DC takes very special skills......Ha!

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.  I'll see if I can't watch the show.  I'm curious if it is mainly Latinos who have them or various ethnicitys.....or if it's a variety of food.

I'm so weird about eating food from places.  I seldom eat food unless it's from a 'chain' restaurant.  

My youngest daughter will eat any kind of food.  You name it, she's tried it.  She was telling me about eating alligator before.  When she went to Africa (she lived on the Nile River) she named various foods I'd never heard of.  I'm boring when it comes to food especially.  I won't try anything new.  Like I said, boring.

That's one of the many reasons I like coming to this forum, I always learn about something new.....again, thanks.

So many shows, so little time.....Ha!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I think those shows are on usually in the summer because of driving all over the Country I am sure they do not want to get into bad weather. They do have all kinds of food.

I have been to DC but did not drive. Might be interesting if you wanted to drive over a few people. Some of the big cities would be terrifying to me to drive in.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So, I guess Devon is now conducting business strictly out of his apartment... Ridiculous...

Getting tired of Rey's investigation... He calls one of the women in, they talk, it goes nowhere... Tedious... and so tired of the PD set...

And speaking of sets, other than Devon and the Rosales barrio... are we ever going to see any of these people in their homes again... Can't remember the last time we actually saw the Newman 'ranch', the Abbott mansion, the Chancellor estate or even Sharon's gate house... I guess the Abbott cabin and the tack house are completely off the set list at this point... Nick's 'new house' set if pretty unappealing...

And aside from those candy canes at the coffee shop, are they ever going to decorate for Christmas or is Mal, on top of everything else he inflicted on the show and viewers, going to play the Grinch...

@stevieb, Mal is just trying to be politically correct:  if he did Christmas he'd have to do all religious celebrations in the universe and beyond!

@eddyandme Bull. This show has always 'decorated' for Christmas... I think Mal has already taken PC to a ridiculous level with his casting... and quite frankly, Mal can move on any time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

So who does everyone think is behind the JT thing?   

Is he going to turn up alive and doing all this himself?  Will they go the twin route as we thought earlier?

The only other people who gave 2 cents about him were Reid and Mac.  Is it either of them?  

I don't really care but it is about all that is going on now!

-----

My guess @Roni18 is that Victor is behind it. At first I was sure J.T. was dead but now I have my doubts.