Esteemed Contributor

Re: Y&R Casting of Adam Newman

The new Adam is too young.   Wish they had brough back MM - he was perfect as Adam.

Chelsea should stay wherever she is and not come back to GC.

Honored Contributor

@rybaby   This guy and storyline is before my time w/Y&R - flying blind.

Contributor

I so agree about Michael Muhney. I like Justin Hartley but Muhney owned the role of Adam. I thought the new writers after Mal Young would be better.
Respected Contributor

I’ve said from the beginning on CBS YR social media posts that new actor has some big shoes to fill and one thing for certain the viewers will be weighing in on their likes/dislikes. It’s only just begun. It’s going to be very hard for me to get beyond Justin Hartley, thought he did an excellent job when he assumed the role of Adam. As far as age, thought there was no age in a soap!
Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I totally agree that there's only one real Adam.  I think they couldn't cast Muhney because of what went down between himself and the actress who plays Summer (remember where she said he touched her boobs or something).

As long as she's on the show I think they feel like they can't hire him.  Also there was a little 'bad blood' between Muhney and Eric Braden...don't remember exactly.

I liked him.  I thought he did a good job playing Adam.  I grew to like (his looks anyway) Justin, but still would have rather had Muhney.

The entire time I kept looking at new Adam I kept thinking, 'he's too young and skinny'.  That 'kid' needs to put on some weight on his face anyway.  He's just not attractive to me with his face so skinny and drawn.

He did an OK job acting.  I've always like Sharon.  When I was trying to find out if the actress who plays her ever had any children I came upon her website and so many people were upset about the way they have Sharon always being a Hoochie with so many men one after the other.  Her fan base is very, very strong.

I tease about the way the camera always zeros in and shows her eyes!  Sometimes it drives me crazy the way she swallows her words....but I still really like watching her.

I enjoy the way some of the same actors have been on for years.  I think many of us soap watchers enjoy it when they go back in time and can show videos from the past (like they just did with St John).  

I suspect that will eventually stop happening.  This is a good example.  I understand the actors have to go where they get better opportunity, but it is nice.  It's also frustrating when they just pull an actor for what seems to be no reason!

I remember someone posted they thought Sharon did a good job with the way there have been so many changes over the past few years of people she has to interact with.

Honored Contributor

You mean Sharon isn't his mother?🍼

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

You mean Sharon isn't his mother?🍼

@AuntG Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

LOL Ouch !   Hope, she doesn't cast Rey out (throw him my way even though I"m old ) LOL

Abby is already gearing up for her next big let down. Woman sure can

choose 'em. At least this one is up her alley financially and socially.

Prominent Dr. Seems to have his head on straight. Get him before Ana's niece does.  Good catch.

Hope Devon gets  Ana's niece gal he can finally forget that Hilary I'd be happy to forget her. Get rid of Cain. He's ugly . ROFL

Sharon has had good work done she's approaching 50 and can hold her own. She doesn't look freaky yet. Good Dr.'s.   Think she's never married and has no kids in real life. Sounds like she likes to be free and unchained

Go girl !

Valued Contributor

I agree.  It would also be interesting if the kid ends up belonging to Rey and Mia is in jail stewing because Sharon will be raising the baby.

Frequent Contributor

One word is all that I need to describe my one time favorite soap --

Boring!!