Honored Contributor

Y&R Breaking News ..........

Michelle Stafford and Gina Tognoni

Michelle Stafford coming back to Y& R as Phyllis, love her!  Gina Tognolini is out!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Y&R Breaking News ..........

Wow!! What happened??

Esteemed Contributor

No. I like Gina.

Let her stay on G.H.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess she is leaving GH which seems very strange to me?????

Honored Contributor

Gina Tognoni, who will be leaving the role of Y&R’s Phyllis, has released a statement on Instagram about her exit. “Five years ago, I was blessed to embrace the incredible character of Phyllis Summers Abbott,” she begins. “I am beyond grateful for the creative experience that The Young and the Restless has given to me as well as the amazing relationships I made with the cast, crew/staff, producers, and writers. I love my Genoa City family, which made it easy to give 110% every day. My long commutes always went smoothly because I loved where I worked and the people I worked with!” To see the full statement, go to https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvpwc7ohB9P/.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Casting Switch! Y&R Hires New Nate

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/casting-switch-yr-hires-new-nate/?fbclid=IwAR2k_ewNnMWgccLcL...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Stafford left Y&R because of an anti-scientologist that was hired...I cant remember if it was an onscreen person or someone behind the scenes....anyway....guess this means that person  is no longer there

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

No. I like Gina.

Let her stay on G.H.

I agree. Stafford wanted out, let her stay out. I prefer Gina. This might prove to be Y&R's Waterloo as far as I'm concerned. This show had far bigger problems than who plays the role of Phyllis. As far as I'm concerned, casting Gina was one of the few casting decisions they'd got right in recent memory. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@BettyNewbie wrote:

Stafford left Y&R because of an anti-scientologist that was hired...I cant remember if it was an onscreen person or someone behind the scenes....anyway....guess this means that person  is no longer there

Maybe they could hire him back.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Casting Switch! Y&R Hires New Nate

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/casting-switch-yr-hires-new-nate/?fbclid=IwAR2k_ewNnMWgccLcL...

In this case, I'd just as soon they lose the character altogether, but the one being replaced isn't a particularly good actor, nor has he been front burner. I suspect that with Neil gone, they want a Black actor who can be more front and center, though who knows if the new guy will be any more capable than the one he replaces. I don't care what they do with Nate, but am incensed about the Phyllis recast, which is completely unnecessary and just plain stupid.