Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ Y&R August 2018 SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

Summary for Monday, August 6th from soaps.com:

At Sharonโ€™s place, Mariah notices her mom seems freaked out. Sharon admits itโ€™s Nick โ€“ heโ€™s back on the marrying train and itโ€™s a little overwhelming; he wants them to move from the house. Mariah can understand why he wants to be off Victorโ€™s ranch. Sharon feels connected to their home, and muses that she misses the old Nick sometimes. Mariah advises different is good. Sharon would settle for happy.

At Crimson Lights, Cane and Lily debate about whether she should go to the police and whether Neil would stop Devon from going. Cane warns her to think carefully and not to do anything before they discuss it. He kisses her. Later, Sharon and Mariah arrive. Sharon thanks Mariah for listening and asks her to help with the wedding.

At home, Summer urges Billy to look at her as she parades around the kitchen in a towel. She questions why heโ€™s back with her mom. Billy wants someone unpredictable and exciting โ€“ thatโ€™s her mom. Summer wonders who heโ€™s trying to convince. Phyllis appears and chirps at Summer about covering up before kissing Billy. After, Phyllis needles Billy about his secret project. He promises to tell her about it soon โ€“ heโ€™ll have it up and running before Ashley returns, so she doesnโ€™t mess it up.

At the Club, Devon greets Mattie. They make small talk about work and school before she asks if heโ€™s avoiding her mom. Devon says heโ€™s doing whatโ€™s best for everyone right now. Mattie asks, โ€œEveryone? Or yourself?โ€ Up at Hamilton-Winters, Mattie questions Lily about leaving home early. Lily has a lot on her mind. Mattie assures her they all know it was an accident. They hug. In the dining room, Cane warns Devon heโ€™s going to hurt his family. Devon counters that Caneโ€™s credibility on this is out the window. Cane questions if heโ€™ll sacrifice his sister to make up for losing his wife and baby. Devon retorts, โ€œYes. Watch me.โ€ Nate comes upon them arguing. Cane takes off. Nate warns that Cane wonโ€™t give up on protecting Lily โ€“ is this really a fight he wants?

At Newman Enterprises, Phyllis finds Nikki while looking for Victoria. She came to offer an apology for joking about letting Victor take the fall for JT. Nikki calls her out for suggesting to Sharon weeks ago that they should let her and Victoria go down for the murder. Phyllis concedes she may have been thinking out loud. Nikki takes full responsibility for protecting her daughter from a psychopath, and is now reminded Phyllis only cares about herself. Victor enters. Phyllis grumbles about charity business and leaves. Victor clucks about Nikkiโ€™s stress. She wishes Victor didnโ€™t have to go to war with Nicholas. Victorโ€™s unconcerned; their sonโ€™s not a worthy adversary. Nate arrives and Victor introduces him to Nikki; heโ€™ll take care of their medical needs. Nate confers with Nikki, then Victor sends him off with regards to Devon. Victor and Nikki muse about Hilaryโ€™s death and how precious life is, before enthusing about resuming their position as Genoa Cityโ€™s power couple.

At Jabot, Kyle watches Billy send Summer to her own desk and listens as she apologizes for the โ€˜towel thingโ€™. He confronts Summer, who wants to tell Billy about Phyllisโ€™ little sleepover. Kyle thinks sheโ€™d be doing herself a favor โ€“ sheโ€™s into him. Summer prefers casual, mindless and hot hook-ups. Kyle points out her and Billy could never be anything but cheap and meaningless.

Later, Kyle enters Billyโ€™s office and riffles through his files. Billy catches him and he admits to professional curiosity. After, Kyle texts Ashley to come back. When Phyllis arrives, Billy tells her about Kyleโ€™s snooping before asking her to kick the door closed for private time.

Cane visits Shauna at home and stresses the accident was unintentional. He pleads heโ€™s only protecting his wife and children โ€“ her friends. Shauna reminds him he thinks sheโ€™s a bad influence. Cane warns if Shauna tells the police her story now they could accuse her of obstructing justice. Shauna doesnโ€™t believe he cares about her. Devon arrives and tells Cane to get the hell out of there. Cane warns Shauna that Devonโ€™s only using her for revenge, and advises Devon to take a step back before he does something he regrets. Devon says Cane should have done the same before Lily drove that car, and slams the door in his face.

At Crimson Lights, Kyle tells Mariah heโ€™s sorry about Hilary, then asks about Tessa. Mariah says sheโ€™s on a trip. When Kyle asks for details, Mariah says goodbye.

At the Club, Mariah talks to Tessa by phone. Sheโ€™s a few days from getting Crystal settled and misses Mariah. Suddenly, Mariah hears Tessa tell someone to leave her alone and the call cuts off.

Up at Hamilton-Winters, Cane updates Lily that Devonโ€™s not being reasonable โ€“ they just need to wait. Lily canโ€™t โ€“ she loves Cane for being her champion, but she has to turn herself in. Cane embraces her.

A Look ๐Ÿ‘€ Ahead to Tuesday, August 7th:

Ashley comforts Neil.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @loveschocolate.

I was never fond of Devon, but he's growing on me now.  Seems like he's finally growing a pair!  Don't know where Neil gets off running Devon's company, but, he finally stood up to him.  And, when he told Lily it would have been better if she had been the one to die - totally awesome, imho!

Now, perhaps the Asby-Winters clan will soon be heading on a one-way trip to Down Under - wishful thinking, I know.  Looks like at least they're being kicked to the curb and won't be around much - in my dreams.Woman LOL

@steviebbetter get ready as I assume Sharon will be taking up residence at her home away from home soon.  I can just imagine Dumbo's big wedding and when the preacher says - well, ya know, OGP ain't gonna hold her peace - perfect time for a preggers announcement!

Hopefully as soon as Victor's wrapping it up with Nicholas, Adam will return and take his son back!  @stevieb, you're gonna be very busy - better rest up while you can!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme, what Devon said to princess Lily = PRICELESS! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yea, the only upside to all this Ashby-Winters screen time is both Devon and Neil calling out Cane for the scum-sucking bag of it that he is and giving Lily a long awaited kick in the seat... But Nate just. needs. to. go. He's so bad... Really, really bad... When he was lecturing the teens about how Cane was both wrong and right, his performance was virtually laughable... His voice is just so odd and his overall demeanor is so wooden, as though he's uncomfortable on camera...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly despise Cane any more than I already did, he is now making me LOATHE him!  Ugh...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once again, it appears I'm standing apart from the crowd, lol.

I think Devon is being a #1  jerk. He's blamed EVERYONE but OGH and the brat Shawna for the accident. ACCIDENT. Hilary was a witch and she caused pain for MANY but let's just forget about that. Shawna is a brat, no other way around it. And to put a compete stranger on a pedestal OVER your own family is bizarre. Let's not forget it's the doctor who also is guilty for killing poor Hilary, as per Devon. Phyllis is now ticking me off and her character was always my favorite but recently they have her acting REALLY stupid.

There's enough blame to go around on everyone for this death.. Personally, if this was a real life scenario, I would hold Shawna responsible for it. Yep. Her actions set everything in motion. Devon thinking that his sister and her kids should die and then it would be fair...sorrynotsorry, Lily should have smacked him across his smug face.

As we all have been stating for a year now, the writers appear to FORGET the past when it comes to how characters are acting. Devon couldn't stand Hilary for some time. Her actions almost killed him. The woman went from the Daddy to the son; I mean COME ON and now she's a Saint? Nope, that's what makes me really angry- the past actions of the characters seem to just disappear and you're expecting the audience to forget as well. It doesn't work that way.

On a different note: PLEASE let Sharon find out just how scummy Nick is. PLEASE have Jack bed Phyllis so that everyone can run her out of town (told you I don't like her now). She's blind to what Summer is doing, she's moping around being a witch to everyone...sick of it. 

So much to DISLIKE on this show when usually, the summertime is one of the best of season. And can we PLEASE see some place other than the office of WH and the Dive Bar? I miss all the wonderful sets of the past.

EDITED because typing from my phone made a real hash of what I was trying to say, lol.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly despise Cane any more than I already did, he is now making me LOATHE him!  Ugh...

He's akin to something we'd scrape off our shoe and then throw the shoe away...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam I don't like the dumbing down of Phyllis either and they can't ship Summer off fast enough to suit me, but overall, Phyllis is still one of the few characters I find interesting and, overall, likable...

I get your point of view about Hilary and to be sure Shauna and Charlie set the chain of events in motion but the bottom line is that Lily caused the accident. When you run a red light, for whatever reason, and a semi takes out your car, ultimately the responsibility is going to fall on the driver who failed to stop for the light... Devon and Hilary had been finding their way back to each other almost since they broke up... I get it, he's annoying and she was a piece of work, but I also get his anger at Lily, who did, indeed, do everything she could to keep them apart. Personally, I can't stand Lily or her family so I'm glad to see her getting a kick in the seat...

All that said, agree, the show is an utter fiasco... I couldn't begin to watch every day or I'd be replacing the TV set often, after throwing large, heavy objects at the screen while watching...

Honored Contributor

One of Phyllis' quotes:  (talking to Sharon and gang as they were discussing Head Keystone Kop after he left their table) (Phyllis, "Someone is going to jay walk or knock over a donut shop ...then Paul will move on".

She said this to the gang because they were worried about him figuring out they knew exactly where JT was (which they actually did).

That Phyllis, every now and then they give her some zingers to say!  She doesn't disappoint us, she delivers them with vigor and zest.  THAT's our old Phyllis, the one we used to know.