Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ Y&R August 2018 SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

@SahmIam Well as far as the harassment thing goes.....well, they all live together, so I would think that would be out the window.

You know back maybe 2 years ago I'd have said Billy would do or be this way or that.  However, with so many changes as far as what these different writers have done to the characters (i.e. changing personalities and on and on) who the heck knows anything about what MIGHT be going through Billy's brain!

These stupid writers play long and loose (is that the phrase) with personalities.  In the old soap days we could (with reasonable certainty what a character was thinking or what he'd/she'd most likely do).  These days the writers do a total 180 on the character's personality so we have no idea.

Just think about some of the flips the writers have done with these characters!  There are so many unfinished story lines (someone listed them here I think recently) that I, for one have no idea what Billy is thinking.

I don't think he'd be human if it didn't enter his mind to have a good ...(insert your word) with Summer.  She is legal isn't she?  I'm not even sure at this point.  Let's see....he's male and she has those "girls" of her's always hanging down to her naval flopping everywhere....so...my guess is he's trying really hard not to jump her bones....

But in the end (for the purpose of filling air-time, I think he'll eventually jump her (so to speak).

I had to use the fast forward button when Phyllis was telling Summer she wants to have a good mother/daughter relationship and bla bla.  I think Nick's being angry at her was much more realistic.  Come one!  The girl is blackmailing her parents.....

Also, don't you think Kyle would have dropped hints here and there to Phyllis that Summer is after Billy.  If for no other reason than he'd win the bet (Phyllis would go at Billy and Summer) and try to make the odds of NOT giving up his car.  Besides, I guess (for some unknown reason Kyle wants Summer.  Can you imagine what an ugly mess that girl is...(name a disease)...Ha!

I was thinking if she were my daughter I'd disown her skanky .....well...anyway......I'd really sock it to her!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Just watched Fridays episode. Answer me this, wise ones.....

Is Billy ACTUALLY attracted to Summer OR is this super nervous energy because of the fact he's in a dangerous position all around and he knows it and is NOT attracted to Summer?

2 of my boys were watching it with me and the discussing of sexual harassment came up. Both were ticked off that if it was reversed, the guy would go down asap. If Summer said Billy came on to her,, she would be believed. No matter what Billy says or does, if Summer keeps her game up, he's going to pay even with zero interest and staying away from her.

Being honest, I can't tell if he actually wants her or is simply fearing for his life because he doesn't want her and she won't stop.

@SahmIam I have no idea... I don't think Billy was initally attracted to her, but I suspect there's something very ego-gratifying at some level about the attention she's paying him and so, perhaps, he's being worn down... I can tell you that I honestly don't care. Watching all this play out is not interesting to me and is actually rather disgusting... I can't even watch the scenes that involve Summer...

Usually, when soaps go this route, it's handled as a spur of the moment lapse in judgment or a set of circumstances pushing two people together who shouldn't be. This weeks long stalking of him that they have her doing is repugnant on so many levels, not the least of which because her motivation isn't clear... 

Your sons are right... Were the shoe on the other foot, there'd be hell to pay... It's a double standard and an ugly one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I watched yesterday and today- a record for me lately!  

Summer is an absolutely horrible character.  Are we supposed to like or have any sort of sympathy for her.

Honored Contributor

I think all of us (the soap audience) has more imagination and can write story lines better than what these writers are putting out!

Honored Contributor

I was just talking over on GH about old Chloe showing back up because she couldn't get jobs on night-time TV.

I was wondering when the actress who played Chelsea will come back to Y&R?  I liked her and thought it was weird when she suddenly left.

Respected Contributor

I liked Chelsea too, they didn't go on some wild goose chase like they did with JT. It was like she left a note and was gone and and thats it.

I hope she comes back one day.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I also liked Chelsea.   Her departure from GC from ridiculous.   One day she was happy and just enjoying her life with Nick and the children and then suddenly she became a vile person and just skipped town.  

I also hope she returns along with the actress who portrayed her.  

It still irks me that they made Chelsea such a odious character at the end.   Hilary however, who was a repulsive character was suddenly elevated to sainthood while on her deathbed.     I could barely listen to everyone talk about how wonderful she was and how much greatness she brought into the world.  

Just the other day one of the characters (I'm not sure who it was) was saying that Hilary would not want all of the anger and bitterness to be her legacy.   Are they kidding? She would have just thrived on it.    She lived to cause chaos and contentious feeling among those she enjoyed playing off of each other.    That was her bread and butter.

Esteemed Contributor

@loveschocolate- Why was Nick masquerading as JT?  Is JT dead?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal, Nikki hit him on the back of the head with a fire poker when he was assulting Victoria. Nikki, Phyllis, Sharon, and Mariah were at Victoriaโ€™s house for girls night. Mariah passed out before JT got there. They took his pulse and said he was dead. They all got scared and  buried him in Chancellor Park. 

Nick was masquerading as JT to get under Victorโ€™s skin. Nobody knows that JT is dead except for Nikki, Sharon, Victoria and Phyllis.

Respected Contributor

I just realized how many characters I really liked that the genius writers offed for no good reasons really. Let's see start with Hope (loved her...a good character for a change) John, Brad, Coleen, Delia, Sabrina....gee...... all these characters were "good" characters. I guess no good comes to the good in ole GC.