Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ Y&R August 2018 SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

Tessa seems to be one of a lot of characters they brought in and don't know what to do with... She's been around now for a while and really has no focus. They've toyed with the Mariah story line off and on now forever and it's time to fish or cut bait... Personally, I hope they cut her loose... I don't have a problem with gay characters, but she's just not proven to be particularly interesting and I sincerely hope they don't try to re-up any kind of story involving her sister because that whole story was also a non-starter. It all gets down to a real inability to develop interesting newcomers and to develop interesting stories.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Tessa seems to be one of a lot of characters they brought in and don't know what to do with... She's been around now for a while and really has no focus. They've toyed with the Mariah story line off and on now forever and it's time to fish or cut bait... Personally, I hope they cut her loose... I don't have a problem with gay characters, but she's just not proven to be particularly interesting and I sincerely hope they don't try to re-up any kind of story involving her sister because that whole story was also a non-starter. It all gets down to a real inability to develop interesting newcomers and to develop interesting stories.

Exactly right, @stevieb - developing intresting SLs and characters!  Yesterday Y&R pre-empted for first 1/2hr.  Normally they would air its entirety on sister channel.....didn't happen.  Imho demonstrates viewership has tanked.

I do hope Billy pulls off his new scheme!  Can't stand Ashley and her attitude - about as much as I can't stand Neil's.  Guess they finally paired up the perfect couple - Neil and Ashley.  Now, let's send them off somewhere far, far away - permanently!

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, August 9th from soaps.com:

At Hamilton-Winters Group, Lily argues with Devon about him firing her. Devon doesnโ€™t want to look at her face every day. Lily says theyโ€™re family - sheโ€™s not going anywhere. Neil interjects to remind Devon theyโ€™re partners and Lily will always have a place there. Neil and Devon argue. Lily loves Devon and if he wants her to go, sheโ€™ll go. Devon thinks employment is a moot point if sheโ€™s going to jail anyway. His life is empty because of Lily - heโ€™s done with the conversation.

At Jabot, Billy confronts Phyllis about conspiring against him with Ashley, Lauren, and Kyle. Phyllis learns Summer reported to him, and questions if theyโ€™re a team now. She admits Lauren has concerns about his leadership, and reminds him sheโ€™s caught in between โ€“ if people spend money at Jabotique, theyโ€™re not spending at Fenmoreโ€™s. She accuses him of trading in gambling with cards to gambling with Jabot, and warns of the risks. Billy swears itโ€™s going to work and maintains he gets his rush from being with her. He'll show her over and over again at home. They kiss and he warns heโ€™ll be late tonight.

At the Dive Bar, Kyle needles Summer about her support for Billyโ€™s Jabotique idea. Kyle calls her a โ€˜fangirlโ€™ with a crush โ€“ the stores are a huge risk. Summer says Billy knows what women like her want, and they canโ€™t see it because theyโ€™re haters. She goes on to predict that Billy will run into her arms upon hearing about her mother and Jack โ€“ she plans to tell him tonight. Kyle listens as she goes on that Phyllis belongs with Jack. Kyle reminds her thereโ€™s no proof she was with his dad. Summer decides they need to set up Jack and Phyllis and get it on camera. Kyle wants to help โ€“ to see it blow up in her face. In the dining room, Kyle has an exchange with Jack, then texts Summer to wish her luck luring him to her place.

At Crimson Lights, Nate and Cane discuss what Lilyโ€™s facing. Nate says her predicament now is because she didnโ€™t tell the whole truth right away - Cane kept quiet, now Lilyโ€™s paying for it. Caneโ€™s already in hell. Nate advises him to be Lilyโ€™s rock. Cane always will be.

At home, Summer sets up a hidden camera. Phyllis arrives and informs Summer sheโ€™ll keep Billy in the loop from now on. Summer tells her mother she ran into Jack and he seemed down.

Summer arrives at the Club and tells Jack thereโ€™s tension between Billy and Phyllis, and sheโ€™s home alone stewing. Summer thinks thereโ€™s something between her and Jack still, and urges him to save her from Billy.

At Hamilton-Winters, Lily cries to Cane that Devon hates her. Cane protests. Lily wonders if Hilary had been driving and sheโ€™d died, would Cane have forgiven her? Sheโ€™s worried this will break her family apart forever. Michael phones. Lily tells Cane sheโ€™s being arraigned tomorrowโ€ฆon two counts of vehicular homicide. Cane stammers, โ€œThey canโ€™t do this to you.โ€ Lily panics and Cane holds her as she sobs.

At home, Neil updates Nate that Devonโ€™s either full of rage or icy cold. They cross the hall and tell Devon theyโ€™re there to save him from himself. Nate opens up about how angry he was after losing his girlfriend, and Neil talks about losing his wife and falling off the wagon. He asks, โ€œWould Hilary want this for you?โ€ Devon insists he wonโ€™t crawl into a bottle or give up on work โ€“ he just wants justice. He accuses Neil of caring more about Lilyโ€™s comfort than what happened to his wife and kid.

Jack shows up at Phyllisโ€™ place and they sit together on the sofa. They talk about Devon and Hilary. Jack says heโ€™s there for her to lean on, and she returns the sentiment. They discuss his paternity. Jack still thinks itโ€™s someone from the country club, but heโ€™s focused on Dark Horse.

At Crimson Lights, Kyle monitors Jack and Phyllis on a laptop and updates Summer via text.

At Jabot, Summer texts Kyle sheโ€™s going in for Phase 2, and enters Billyโ€™s office. They eat, and toast to Jabotiques. Billy gets a pain in his shoulder and Summer leaps up to massage him. When he stands up, she kisses him. He asks, โ€œWhat the hell was that?โ€ Summer says, โ€œThat was me kissing you, and you letting it happen.โ€ Billy warns her to stop or heโ€™ll go to her mother โ€“ the only reason he hasnโ€™t is because he doesnโ€™t want to be the reason their relationship blows up. Billy adds, "I'm protecting her, not you. Get out."

Still at Phyllisโ€™ apartment, Jack urges her to come over to Dark Horse. โ€œSometimes you have to move on.โ€ Phyllis appreciates him looking out for her. Jack will always be there for her. He goes in for a kiss. She jerks away. Jack leaves, apologizing.

A Look ๐Ÿ‘€ Ahead to Friday, August 10th:

Ashley tests Jackโ€™s loyalty.

Honored Contributor

See, the really stupid thing is rewriting history that isn't even historical... Not so long ago, Phyllis PLEADED with Jack to take her back and he wanted none of it... NOW, all of a sudden, 'he never really got over her' and wants her back... Give me a break... This is just stupid... Every story line they come up with just goes nowhere... I just want Summer gone... Don't care about Billy and Phyllis... Find Jack as dull as a burnt out 40 watt bulb... He, like Victor, has gotten a bit long in the tooth to play the matinee idol... Said it before and will say it again, by now he really ought to be settled beside the fireplace at the Jabot mansion drinking a port and bouncing a grandchild on his knee... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It's the same with a lot of the characters & their storylines.  Everyone in the Newman family despised Adam & now, they all seem to miss & love him.  Devon & Hillary were in a sort of business deal for her to have his baby & he could barely tolerate the sight of her & now, she was the love of his life.  I know these things were done to create story, but it would really help if it made any sense when you look back on the previous stories!

Honored Contributor

My thoughts:

*Lily needs to grow a pair. Enough is enough. She is the perpetual victim and it's destroying (for me), interest in her character.

*Devon is just an @$$wipe and I've lost interest in him. I've known people who have lost the ones they love to horrible circumstances. His grief and actions don't fit ANYTHING about the character at all. The writers have dropped the ball on this one and again, another character I don't care about.

*Billy gets a high-five from me. 

*Ashley just needs to go. When is the last day of filming for this chick? Since she's leaving the show (FINALLY), they're going to have to do something dramatic. And let me just say this: It sure as hell BETTER be long-winded and dramatic and BEAT the Hillary-send off because Eilleen Davidson has been on this soap a helluva lot longer than Hillarybeast. I don't know WHAT was up with that good-bye but it after 5 minutes, it was overkill.

*Paul and Cricket have become the couple everyone loves to hate. Whatever happened to them, well, Cricket has become one bitter old hag. Enough said.

I've always liked Jack and Phyllis together. I still wish Summer was Jacks' daughter and not slimy Nicks'. I SO want to see Victor run Nick out of town for good. I like Sharon; always have. Looking forward to see if they advanced aged Faith or not when she reappears.

Esteemed Contributor

It's about time Devon starts running things.  He's finally fired Diamond Lil and it's about time he bids adieu to Daddy-O - how the ell does Neil get to run things, considering himself an equal partner when he's contributed zilch!

As I watched yesterday, couldn't help it, but Ashley's face looks different(?).  Is it her hair/makeup?  Anyone else think she looks different?

I must add and Nikki's and Sharon's hair looks a lot better:  neither looking strawlike; and Sharon's had a little styling to it.

Hoping the Princess Lilly is given twenty.  Neil and Ashley can ride off in the dust, as Cane and the twins go Down Under.  Also waiting for The Mustache to take Nicholas down - he gave him fair-warning, but I think Nick is unable to compute!

Though I don't really like to see much of Paul and Christine, hoping they'll be present long enough for Nicholas to land up next to Lilly for the next twenty years!  Used to like Lauren and Michael but, imo, Lauren overacted yesterday and Michael was lame.

Please Y&R get some new writers!!!Woman Frustrated  Tie-up all the loose ends - Delia for one; and, bring an Adam back.  Tired of the same old, same old.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@kelsey17  No, his security staff informed him that Nikki called and then there was a hang up. Victor saw Phyllis in the office when he walked in and, knowing how Phyllis operates, pute two and two together.

Thanks for the explanation...!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@hsawaknow It's like this show is stuck on a treadmill and can't get off but can't up the speed either... It just keeps plodding along... Kyle is the only positive addition this show has had in a long time and yet I too think they need to use him more wisely. He's capable of being so much more than a stooge for Summer the Skank or for Ashely... I'm totally over Billy and especially with Phyllis, who I want to see work her magic on Nick... With Phyllis pushing the buttons, Nick just might materialize into something... After months of inactivity, they're wheeling in Lauren and Michael but you have to wonder if these will be yet more 'drive by' appearances that don't much lead to any real story development.

@stevieb@hsawaknow  I so agree.  There hasn't been a storyline that has made me want to tune in on a daily basis in a long time.  It is like they just keep recycling the same old plots.  The writers seem to think we are invested in business plots and who is the CEO of what.  Storylines don't seem to be thought out well in advance and they are making characters suddenly act out of character with no reasoning behind it.

I agree totally...........don't hear much about the JT storyline lately....let something "conclude" that one....

Billy & Phyllis ..ugh...like Phyllis...sick of Billy......wonder who they will pick as co-host for GC Buzz...can't stand how Niki keeps telling everyone to consider Victors feelings.....after all he has done.........and how many companies, charities, etc. does Nick start and get bored with after a time?? Seems he is into one thing and decides to do another..........and i have also posted before as you did Roni18 they have made the old and well liked characters (good or bad guys) act all selfish, vindictive, secretive, etc...........hardly a good guy in the bunch!!

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

I so agree about the corporate takeovers, CEO's, and boring business talk its same old same old. They need to spice it up and make it really something you cant wait for the next day to happen. Im sick of Phylis and Billy. Gawd let her be pregnant and not know who daddy is. Although they already did this story line before. And assuming she and Billy mate like rabbits she would be on some sort of birth control I doubt if that will happen.

Kyle is boring. Do something with him I would rather watch him then Neil and Nate. Cant he get together with Mariah or something? Or have him co-host GC Buzz now.

Have Lauren have an affair, she and Michael is dullsville. 

Just do something...soon 

Kyle with Mariah - on GC Buzz and off is a great idea, @hsawaknow!  Looks like Tessa will soon be out!  Gee, they dropped that one like a hot potato - Tessa screams on the phone with Mariah:  like finish that SL now!

I agree.........when i heard Tessa scream on the phone i was like " wasn't it practically the SAME storyline last time with Tessa and the sister and in trouble?"....hope we don't go through that scenerio again...ugh...boring.... why do they keep revamping the same storylines...