Respected Contributor

Re: 🌺🌸 Y & R April 2017...SPOILERS!!! 🌸🌺

@steviebwrote:

I do not recall Kyle and Mariah ever having any sort of contact with each other, let alone a bantering friendship...

The notion of Lily making Simone into a model, any kind of model, had me cackling out loud... I don't know, maybe she has pretty hands... Maybe she could be a hand model... Otherwise... too funny... Lily needs to back off or get her butt kicked... Preferably both...

Foot model, maybe?  I was thinking the same thing- did Kyle and Mariah even know each other?  Well, I am actually watching today's shows, not that it is interesting.

And how dumb is this town?  If Jack didn't kill Victor after the million horrible things he has done to him over the years- including having a look-a-like take his place- why would he kill him now?  

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

@aubnwa01, I'll bet the writers don't have a clue who Jack's father is either.  This is another something that they just threw at us for shock value.  Maybe they will put some names in a jar and have somebody's child close their eyes and pull a name.  

I've watched off and on from the beginning and I don't recall Dina even being on that much.  Maybe she conceived while away from Genoa City.  The whole thing is dumb.

@Mmsfoxxie   I don’t remember Dina on much either but, there were references and allusions to her fooling around with other men. 

Why would she think Jack was John if there was no resemblance? 

You pictured a jar with names, I pictured the Bingo ball cage! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@trenet, that occured to me too.....why is she always confusing Jack for John.  I assumed it was supposed to be a likeness but the writers want us to think otherwise.  No, wait....they don't want us to think...period.

@trenetwrote:

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

@aubnwa01, I'll bet the writers don't have a clue who Jack's father is either.  This is another something that they just threw at us for shock value.  Maybe they will put some names in a jar and have somebody's child close their eyes and pull a name.  

I've watched off and on from the beginning and I don't recall Dina even being on that much.  Maybe she conceived while away from Genoa City.  The whole thing is dumb.

@Mmsfoxxie   I don’t remember Dina on much either but, there were references and allusions to her fooling around with other men. 

Why would she think Jack was John if there was no resemblance? 

You pictured a jar with names, I pictured the Bingo ball cage! Woman Wink

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@aubnwa01wrote:

If Jack ends up not being John Abbott's bio-son, what other men were around in GC that Dina could've fooled around with back when he would've been conceived?  I started watching about 1980, so the folks from before then are unknown to me.  Phillip Chancellor? Neil Fenmore?  I'm not familiar with the characters from when the show 1st started & neither John Abbott or Victor Newman are from the original cast.

@aubnwa01

Jack was an adult (I think just out of college) when he first came on the show.  Other guys from the early days that I remember: Nikki’s father, Paul’s father, Stuart Brooks, Derek Thurston.  Was Lance & Lucas Prentiss’ father ever on?  Then there was Jill’s father Bill Foster - before they rewrote the storyline of her parentage. They could bring Hasselhoff back (Jill’s brother Snapper) and Dina could think he was the father! 

Honored Contributor

Poor Abby... First there was Stitch... then there was the pimp... and now this... She just can't catch any kind of a break...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think the writer... needs to abbreviate Victor's seeming deterioration... If there's one thing we can be pretty sure of it's that Victor is not being written out... Dragging this on, together with all the associated angst, isn't as suspenseful as one might guess they think it is... though it is pretty clearly a way to reunite, however temporarily, the Newman clan...

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

Wellll....as I've said before, I'm gonna be home my two soaps until they go or I go, lol.  I might not watch it with baited breath, but call me old faithful.  Besides, if I'm home there's not much else to watch.   I wish I could ignore some of this real life stuff that's happening with a touch of a button, lol.

Victor called out Victoria's name.  He probably ants to warn her about JT.  She has concrete for brain matter.  Mac mentioned JT doing things to her that obviously was familiar to Victoria.  

Denial, denial....ok, let's see if that works for you Ms. Vicky.

@Mmsfoxxie

I’m with you “old faithful”!  I don’t look forward to the show as much as I used to and, if I’ve recorded, fast forward through much more than in the past but, it is difficult to eliminate it from my life.  For me, it is also a link to my late Mother. We had such fun talking and speculating about the show. She really adored the original Jack.  

Sounds like you’ve seen Ms Vicky’s brain MRI!  I do think Amelia Heinle did a good acting job being cold and snarky with Mac and cold and manipulative with Nikki when asking her to lie.  

Honored Contributor

As I've noted before, Dina is virtually all back story... She was already gone when the Abbots appeared. Jack and Ashley were adults and Tracy was a teen. The house was managed by 'Mamie' the housekeeper, who was a surrogate mother. She was introduced mostly by references made about her by other characters and then showed up several times for what have been a series of short-term stints... 

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

@doolie, I wish I knew why Kyle is so angry at Jack....especially since Jack had no clue it was happening.  The last two Kyles we saw had no problem with Jack.  

Through the years prior to the last two Jacks, there were issues and Victor, being Victor stepped in to make it worse.  At one point either Kyle lived with Victor or Victor tried to get him to live with him as his son.....girl I can't remember all of the craziness of these show's, lol.

But it seems to me right now that Kyle is upset about how Jack treated Ashley.  Other than that, this has come out of nowhere.

What they have done to Dina is so, so wrong!  The woman has Alzheimer's which is bad enough....so they decide to destroy her character, too.  Well, actually, her character was bad already, lol, but at this point in her life, why not build her up a little.  Not to mention, this is making John look like a fool.  Does this mean nice people finish last?

@Mmsfoxxie@doolie

Kyle lived with Victor when Diane was with him. I think there was some problem between Victor, Jack & Diane.  Wasn’t Kyle upset with Jack when he was sent to Jabot New York?  

Respected Contributor

@trenetI had to go read the Kyle Abbott Wikepedia article!  Yes, there was some point where Diane either planned to fake her own murder and signed some papers giving custody of Kyle or something.  Then she was really murdered but had sent Kyle away somewhere and Jack had to go find him.  

I don't remember him being mad at Jack before he went to New York but he could have been.  I guess it makes since since Victor's two sons (Nick and Adam) both seemed to like Jack better than their own dad.