Super Contributor

Re: 🌺🌸 Y & R April 2017...SPOILERS!!! 🌸🌺

I've watched for 10 years so don't know the past but this is what I'm thinking LOL.....Either Jack is gonna turn out to be Victor's bro. Or Kyle and Victor were in cohoots and  knew the girls would do a DNA test and somehow they managed to fix the results....remember Kyle said Jack wouldn't know what was gonna hit him.  Otherwise I'm at a loss LOL...just why does Kyle hate Jack so much Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@doolie, I wish I knew why Kyle is so angry at Jack....especially since Jack had no clue it was happening.  The last two Kyles we saw had no problem with Jack.  

Through the years prior to the last two Jacks, there were issues and Victor, being Victor stepped in to make it worse.  At one point either Kyle lived with Victor or Victor tried to get him to live with him as his son.....girl I can't remember all of the craziness of these show's, lol.

But it seems to me right now that Kyle is upset about how Jack treated Ashley.  Other than that, this has come out of nowhere.

What they have done to Dina is so, so wrong!  The woman has Alzheimer's which is bad enough....so they decide to destroy her character, too.  Well, actually, her character was bad already, lol, but at this point in her life, why not build her up a little.  Not to mention, this is making John look like a fool.  Does this mean nice people finish last?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

It's become virtually a cartoon with stories and motivations out of thin air. So many stories and characters just dropped and replaced with those that are even worse. The audience is expected too often to suspend way too much in the way of reality. It's contrived and largely idiotic. The characters aren't likable and so many are glaringly inconsistent. This show has got very few redeeming features at this point.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

When the last Kyle left Genoa City there was no bad blood between him and his father. And as for Abby and Ashley skulking around gathering DNA (didn't we just do a DNA thing with Nick and his non-son...) well, it's just asinine... And once again, I still want to know how they got a hold of John's DNA so the lab could compare it to Jack's. These are supposed to be professional writers and yet all they can come up with are the same retread story lines. Making Jack a non-Abbot flies in the face of decades of history and while it might make interesting short-term fodder (though it actually doesn't) it serves no long-term purpose. 

It seems this crew are masters of the back story, or think they are. People show up and then they delve into what happened prior to their arrival. We've got back story going with Kyle, Dina and JT and it's all this back story that's driving current events. For me, it's not working. It used to be that soaps pulled back story out from time to time, so it was fresh and could make for interesting plot and character development, but it seems like it's all this bunch knows how to do. I guess they're struggling to come up with fresh ideas and characters, and boy it really does show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

Wellll....as I've said before, I'm gonna be home my two soaps until they go or I go, lol.  I might not watch it with baited breath, but call me old faithful.  Besides, if I'm home there's not much else to watch.   I wish I could ignore some of this real life stuff that's happening with a touch of a button, lol.

Victor called out Victoria's name.  He probably ants to warn her about JT.  She has concrete for brain matter.  Mac mentioned JT doing things to her that obviously was familiar to Victoria.  

Denial, denial....ok, let's see if that works for you Ms. Vicky.

@Mmsfoxxie I don't know Foxxie... I'm thinking of no longer recording the show and if I happen to see it either 'live' or later on Pop then I see it... The decline has just become too glaring and has been going on for too long... I'm still with it for now, but the next month or so is going to be a make or break period for me. The show is supposed to be entertaining and supposed to be fun to watch and it's rarely either... Like most of what's on in Primetime, I think I might just as soon read.

As for Victoria, what can I say, the woman is just simply a complete, utter and flaming, uh, jackass... No two ways about it... She has no redeeming qualities... If JT sends her down the stairs next, it'll be poetic justice... Related, I sincerely hope Mac is not in this for the long haul... Another not so great casting job...

Honored Contributor

It's really such a shame, but at this point there's really no way they can salvage the Dina character.... It's not that's she's had a checkered past because we always knew that she had and that throughout her life she'd had a series of affairs... But they can't play out this dementia story line for much longer and expect it to remain interesting to the audience... 

Contributor

when abby and ashley took the samples they took two and put them in baggies..wasnt paying attention i assume it was tracys hairbrush anyways the doorbell rang and they rushed the two into the baggies i am thinking they got them mixed up so jacks results may not be true

Honored Contributor

I missed the part about getting the samples.  How exactly did they do that?  What could they have had of John's?  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I could be wrong, but didn't Ashley and Abby  only get Tracy's and Jack's hair brushes to be tested ...  so wouldn't that test only show if they had the same/different Mother and the same/different Dad ? 

~

Billy would need to be tested to see if he is related to them, as his blood test would show up Jill as mother and John as dad.  Then compare with those of the other silblings - all of them.

~

What if it is Tracy who had a different Dad than John and Jack is really is John's?

~

This whole story line is just ridiculous.

~

What a waste of Dina's talent with this story line. She could have been such a great addition ... a sparing partner with everyone. The writers could have had someone else (Dina's sister or ???)  have Alzheimer's.

~

Why isn't the fact of the genetic heritability of Alzheimer's disease being shown. Each one in that family line should be given the option to get tested / risk factors.

~

Or will Dina's condition suddenly be found that it is one that mimics dementia and with the correct medication/treatment she'll be all better.?????

~

Honored Contributor

I sometimes wonder if the writers do realize that they actually are writing this for an audience and not for themselves...