Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R April 2017...SPOILERS!!!

@stevieb@Mmsfoxxie, so is Christine Scott's Aunt??? I am confused....

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate... Yep, apparently she is... by way of being a half sister to his father... They really had to mine deep for that one... As if it matters... Don't like her and not wild about him... Send them both off on a mission together...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Wow, Y&R is really reaching back then, lol.  I have watched from the beginning but, of course, there were no recording devices back then.  Also, when I don't  like a SL, I'd stop watching for a while.  So I either forgot about Cricket and Scott Sr or I wasn't watching at that time.  I do remember Sheila stole little Scott, though. Who can forget Sheila SLs.

Funny, the writers never bought this up since then.  Lauren and Cricket should have kept a connection going in a SL.  When Scott was missing, no mention of telling auntie Cricket.  

Seriously... never a mention of 'has anyone told Chris' when Mr. Shag-Natsy was MIA... And Fen is barely mentioned anymore, though bringing him back might have been more reasonable since at least most of us actually remember him and he'd probably appear more age-appropriate...

If they would't randomly age up people we wouldn't have all these un-age-appropriate people.  For example, I was reading where Nick's character was born about 1988 so he should only be 29 instead of 40 something!  But I do really feel that this actor they've cast as Scott looks much older than he should be.

Also, what is the deal with the show just sending kids away like Reed.  That made no sense.

I know I'm repeating myself but I just can't help it... For the life of me I just cannot understand what the folks doing the casting thought they saw in Scott... He's not particularly attractive, he doesn't appear to be a particularly gifted actor and most importantly he SO DOES NOT LOOK THE PART... It makes no sense on any level...

As for sending kids away, eh, they do it when they want to age them or when it becomes incovenient to have them around... Wish they'd send Lily's kids off to boarding school (an often used ploy) like they did Nick and age them over a couple of years... instead of doing it overnight and foisting then on us... This show does not need any more characters under the age of 25... I'm sorry, but to me, most story lines involving children and teens are just not compelling viewing and are not going to get me watching...

Honored Contributor

Wow, this is a ball of confusion, indeed.  But some of it is coming back to me now thanks to @aubnwa01  Patchy.  In 1989, I wasn't working but I volunteered a lot at my kids school so in the mornings, I usually wasn't home.

As has been said, these writers forget old SLs themselves.  I guess somebody went to the archives and found that Cricket and Scott were related.

I don't know if it was mentioned or even if it's true but supposedly, Lilly's kids are going to be aged up to about 15.  Gonna be teenagers all over the place.  Should be fun, huh?  Reed is enough 'spoilness' in my book.

So now both Kevin and Billy will get 'the letter'.  Stolen ******...Ugh, double Ugh!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Wow, this is a ball of confusion, indeed.  But some of it is coming back to me now thanks to @aubnwa01  Patchy.  In 1989, I wasn't working but I volunteered a lot at my kids school so in the mornings, I usually wasn't home.

As has been said, these writers forget old SLs themselves.  I guess somebody went to the archives and found that Cricket and Scott were related.

I don't know if it was mentioned or even if it's true but supposedly, Lilly's kids are going to be aged up to about 15.  Gonna be teenagers all over the place.  Should be fun, huh?  Reed is enough 'spoilness' in my book.

So now both Kevin and Billy will get 'the letter'.  Stolen ******...Ugh, double Ugh!!

Seriously... of all the story lines they could come up with, this is what we get... More teenagers and yet another paternity in doubt situation... Two writing teams, who knows how many producers and story consultants over the past few years, and the show just never gets any better...

Honored Contributor

Ohhhh, they blocked out my word saying what Chloe stole from Billy, lol. Oh well, we all know what she stole.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, April 25th from soaps.com:

At home, Scott is considering calling Christine when Lauren enters. He tells his mother he’s been lonely and was hoping she’d set him up with one of her girlfriends. Lauren sighs. “Phyllis told you?” Scott knows she wanted to keep him in town. He says Phyllis is gorgeous but he’s met someone. He won’t share her name.

At the police station, Kevin and Billy argue about Chloe. Billy questions why Kevin’s not as angry as he is – he’s defending a murderer. Kevin’s concern is Bella. He warns if she’s Billy’s, he’d better pull his act together. Billy steps out to take Phyllis’ call – there’s no news yet. Later, Paul gets the paternity test results. Kevin and Billy open their envelopes and lock eyes.

Sharon arrives at the Newman ranch and introduces herself to Tessa, who reminds her she played outside Crimson Lights. Sharon wants to leave a seating chart with her, and Tessa admits she’s a little overwhelmed. They talk, and Sharon recalls how nervous she was when Nick first introduced her to the Newmans. They bond over having come from nothing and Tessa says Nikki revealed her past to her. Sharon warns Tessa not to get on the wrong side of Victor.

At Jabot, Ashley talks to Ravi about her concerns regarding Abby, who may have inherited her father’s penchant for messing things up. Ravi offers to talk to Abby since they’re the same age, but then scrambles to apologize, and explains he and Abby have parents with high expectations in common. Ravi alludes to things going well and they share a smile.

In the Club, Jack tells Abby he’ll take the warehouse off her hands but won’t sign until she tells him what’s going on. Abby opens up about her start-up plan - she needs to unload the warehouse before her dad finds out. Jack gloats that she has Abbott blood and outmaneuvered Victor. He wants in on her start-up plan. Abby worries about her father finding out and asks what’s in it for him. Jack wants the chance to work with his niece and to make a lot of money. They hug as Ravi appears. Once Abby’s alone, Ravi tries to start a conversation. Abby advises him to tell her mother she’s fine and leaves.

On the Crimson Lights patio, Kendall listens as Zoey asks Reed to the movie they just saw together and Reed slips that he already saw it. Kendall jumps in to change the subject. Reed steps away and Zoey tells Kendall she wants to be alone with Reed. Kendall grabs Reed’s wallet and leaves. Later, Scott arrives to see Sharon and flirts with her over pastries. Sharon wonders why he’s interested in her. Scott says she’s smart, funny and attractive – he wishes she’d stop putting herself down. He really wants to see if there’s something between them.

Michael arrives home with Kevin, and Lauren wonders why they look shell-shocked. Kevin reveals that he took a paternity test after receiving a letter from Chloe and it proved he is Bella’s father. He frets about what kind of father he will be. Michael and Lauren are supportive and reassuring. They all hug. Esther arrives and expresses happiness over the news. She offers for Kevin to move in to the mansion. Kevin will consider it, but first has to tell Bella the news.

Billy arrives at Phyllis’ place and pours a drink. He reveals he’s not Bella’s father. Phyllis asks if part of him hoped he would be. Billy sighs that he’s relieved; Bella being Kevin’s daughter is the best thing for everyone. They embrace and then cuddle as he notes how supportive she’s been. Phyllis feels he’s the only man who thinks being with her makes things easier. Billy says she’s been with the wrong men…until now.

Reed joins Tessa at the ranch for his music lesson and receives a text from Kendall that she found his wallet at the coffee shop. He asks her to bring it by. When she arrives, Reed invites her in. Tessa hears about her sending Reed’s tape to her uncle and muses that she’s his guardian angel. At the door, Kendall pulls a thankful Reed into a deep kiss. Tessa grins.

At the park, Kevin tells Bella that he’s her real-life father. She’s happy. Kevin picks her up for a hug.

A Look Ahead to Wednesday, April 26th:

Hilary walks up to Neil and Devon and says, “Good morning, Gentlemen. See you in court.”

Phyllis tells Jack, “You’re guessing right – there is someone.” Jack asks, “Anyone I know?”

Victoria says to Billy, “I just get the feeling that you want to talk. I’m here to listen.”

Honored Contributor

Tuesday April 25:

Paul delivers life-changing paternity test results

Lauren looks surprised when Scott claims he's lonely and wants her to set him up with one of her friends.

Paul has the paternity results for Billy and Kevin.

Sharon dishes about her past with Tessa.

Wednesday April 26:

Victoria offers to listen if Billy needs to talk.

Phyllis makes a confession to Jack.

Devon and Hilary face the end of their marriage.

Hilary makes changes at work.

Mariah stands her ground.

Thursday April 27:

Nikki receives a huge surprise courtesy of Victor.

Cane remembers his night with Juliet.

Nick is tempted to reveal the Newmans' secret.

Friday April 28:

Jack and Nikki share a close moment.

Hilary is unsettled as Devon and Mariah grow closer.

Victoria wants to reconcile with Billy.

Coming up...

Victoria unleashes her anger.

Ashley and Jack discuss their mother.

Neil and Devon go after a deal.

Cane inadvertently finds damaging information about Billy.

Tessa and Nikki shine together.

May Sweeps from Soap Opera Digest:

Victor will do whatever it takes to prove himself to his family.

Nick is caught in a dilemma - help Chelsea locate Chloe or remain loyal to his family who are trying to keep the secret of Victor's involvement.

Victoria plans to fight for Billy.

Hilary becomes jealous of Devon's comfortable relationship with Mariah.

Abby wants to prove herself to Victor at any cost.

Ashley and Jack's relationship as siblings will be tested by a surprise from the past.

Lauren has an interesting reaction to Scott dating Sharon.

Cane's discomfort with Juliet grows and as a result he makes matters worse for himself.

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I guess Scott being a secret agent is slightly more believable than creepy Kevin trying to be a man of action, but it is still silly!

I really could care less who is Chloe's kid's father. I don't really like Kevin or Billy.  I'm guessing it will be Billy though, because they would have no storyline if it was Kevin's. 

@Roni18

Maybe Chloe really did have a 'mystery man' who may have fathered Bella and is helping on her getaway.  You never know on this soap!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

So I guess the DNA test that Kevin took before was inaccurate or am I remembering incorrectl?  I guess Billy has too many kids for Bella to be his.  (I've liked that name since I saw Gone With The Wind.  It was Scarlett's daughter's name).  But Kevin just doesn't seem the fatherly type, especially alone.  I hope he does move into the mansion.