Honored Contributor

Re: 🛍🛍 Y&R AUGUST 2019 SPOILERS 🛍🛍

We know what she is   

oh,oh ,ho, ho

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Enjoyed Sharon explaining her interlude with Adam to Mariah. He'd been drinking so I took him home and one thing led to another. It happens to the best of us.

Oh my yes, but that's Sharon for you @AuntG... Any port in a storm and any old excuse will do in a pinch...  Woman Wink

I continue to think they really need to distance themselves from Sharon with Adam... It's visibly quite clear that she's a good bit older than is he. Had there been no previous Adams and had they wanted to do an 'older woman' story line, that would've been fine, but given the history, it just doesn't wash...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Billy needs to own HIS part in Delia's death.  Adam didn't intentionally hit her & didn't even know he'd hit her until later on, but if Billy hadn't left her alone in the car with that stupid dog on a dark busy highway while he ran in to get ice cream or whatever the heck it was, she wouldn't have been out there running around in the road to get hit in the first place.

@aubnwa01...  I have always thought so too and if, as part of this awful Doublemint Twins story line, they opt to explain that maybe part of the reason for Billy's new found lunacy harks back to his guilt then maybe it can, in part, be salvaged. I mean, it's still a non-starter as far as interest goes, but if they can wrap this nonsense about Delia up once and for all, at least it will have served some purpose.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What's with all the gum chewing?    Is that supposed to tell us something about Billy, or is he going to leave a gum wrapper in the wrong place?

@Tinkrbl44 , that is what I have been thinking...ever since the writers have gotten him started on this gum chewing habit and showing up close views of the wrapper.

Honored Contributor

Does Kevin have medical training ? How does he know how to inject somebody in the neck and with what did he inject him with ?

Hope Billy  (well, not really) wasn't allergic to whatever he got shot up with.

Chelsea let ol' Chloe have it with both barrels.

Theo is like Adam he has so much hate and jealousy built up in him that he won't let it go. Another blow up at Abby's opening is on the horizon.

Super Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I've watched this show since the first day it began.

I'm within a hair of dumping it all together.  The final straw was when they brought in the Miami goup.

I can't stand looking at Lola and who's it.  Momma and Papa Miami also don't interest me (again fast forward).

The soaps just aren't enjoyable to watch anymore.  They have children dying and the horrible people on the show just go on and on hurting others.  That's always been on a soap, but we used to know and see that one day they'd get what should be coming to them.  These days that doesn't happen, they just continue to hurt and be horrible for what seems like forever.

They never finish a story line either, I've noticed.

"The Miami group" as you often reference them @Annabellethecat66 are just a portrayal of a family that make up the United States. Everyone today isn't the same ethnicity so the show reflects that fact. Back in the day, the show reflected the United States as it was. Maybe you don't like the actors and their storylines but things are changing and so are the soaps.

As far as the villains getting what is coming to them? Victor back in the 70's had one of his wives lover locked up in a cage in his basement and Victor never served a day in jail for it. Countless villains came back practically from the dead to go on hurting people. Nothing really has changed in soapland. Just that after watching these shows for nearly fifty years they get stale. Repeated plotlines and nothing particularly new.

@Trinity11  Agree with you that after so many years some things are bound to become stale and repetition has always been somewhat of a soap norm... That said, these writers seem intent on replicating everything as it was ten years ago... 

As for the Rosales, my gripe isn't about ethnicity, it's about ethnicity for the sake of ethnicity, with very little thought given to capable casting, acting, character or story development... The family, as a whole, isn't just not terribly interesting or very appealing... Perhaps had they started out introducing Rey and Celeste it might have panned out better, but they started off with Arturo, who I don't think anybody liked, followed by Lola, who is also not highly prized by a number of us... 

Soaps have always had good guys and bad guys, some of the latter are often 'redeemed' and, like Victor, become questionable heros... That said, I do think there's a point in there that in the effort, perhaps, to have all these characters seem multi-dimensional, what they've actually done is have them all become so very flawed that it's hard to find any of them to pull for anymore... Moreover, other than Traci, it wouldn't seem there are any actual 'good guys' left on this show these days...

@stevieb   Yes, you need at least one good, steady, and wise  character on a soap that others look up to. John Abbot used to be that character and when he died no one else filled that void. Eric Forester on B&B is such a character. They are not perfect characters, but they have a deep down goodness about them and a sense of honor and integrity. They’re kind of the glue that holds the storylines together. The writers now are appealing to a different audience with completely different ideas about entertainment. 

John Abbott "died" on he show but in reality he is close to 90 years old and very much alive @Ketra .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

seems like he married a gal about 30-40 yrs younger then him.

checked, he will be 87 in Nov and she is 59. They had one son together

Valued Contributor

Can someone tell me who Chance is. Is he a Chancellor? And was he married ? Why is he being hooked up with Adam? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too long ago for me, StevieB will know or will Google it

seems like he was the son of Nina the friend of 'Cricket' the gal who used to be the D A

Respected Contributor

@hovis wrote:

Can someone tell me who Chance is. Is he a Chancellor? And was he married ? Why is he being hooked up with Adam? 

@hovisChance is the son of Nina and Phillip Chancelor II.  It was so long ago, I can't remember if he was married to anyone when he left town or not.  Not sure why they are involving him with Adam.