Honored Contributor

🛍🛍 Y&R AUGUST 2019 SPOILERS 🛍🛍

Summary for Thursday, August 1st from soaps.com:

At Crimson Lights, Mariah realizes something’s wrong with Sharon, who admits Rey moved out last night due to Adam-related things. Mariah’s dismayed she agreed to help Adam and tells Sharon she would have walked out too. She warns her mother she must learn to say no and let Adam look after himself. Mariah isn’t sure if Sharon’s addicted to Adam or the drama, but she needs to cut herself loose and choose better; choose love.

At Society, Nick looks at sketches and tells the designer it’s exactly what he was looking for. Nearby, Tessa chats with Lola about how far they’ve come. Lola wonders what she and Mariah are celebrating tonight – Mariah called ahead for champagne on ice. Tessa’s mystified.

In Nate’s kitchen, Abby fishes to find out what’s for dinner; she hasn’t eaten since breakfast. Nate has her close her eyes then feeds her a taste of something incredible. She’s turned on and thinks he’s a keeper. She gives him ‘all of the stars’ after the meal, and Nate invites her to join him at the Grand Canyon. Abby would be stressed to leave Society and reminds him she’s not ready for a commitment. He’s confused. Abby feels they’re two people having fun and doesn’t want to make more of it. She leaves early and says, “See you around.”

In Devon’s penthouse, he surprises Elena with a gift from a boutique – it’s a book called The Bluest Eye. She can’t believe he remembered she loves Toni Morrison, who autographed it. They kiss. After, Devon takes a call from Nick to meet about a business proposition. Nick arrives and shows him a logo for New Hope – the affordable housing that fell by the wayside when he started Dark Horse. Devon’s in and thinks Neil would be proud of it. Nick would like to include Neil’s name. Talk turns to the custody hearing. Nick wants to be good and decent for Christian. He leaves as Nate arrives and opens up to Devon about Abby running off. Devon provides reassurance, then Elena comes in crying about a welder who died after an accident on a construction site. She failed. Nate offers some advice on finding a balance and urges her to get back out there tomorrow and give it her all. It’s exactly what she needed to hear.

Mariah joins Tessa at Society and reveals her video officially has one million ‘likes’. They share a champagne toast. Tessa tears up thanking Mariah as Lola appears. Mariah asks about Rey, and Lola’s stunned to hear he moved out of Sharon’s. After, Tessa and Mariah talk about what’s next. Tessa needs inspiration. Mariah tells her some stars want to collaborate.

Lola arrives at Sharon’s assuming Rey did something to cause the split, but Sharon says she’s to blame. Sharon declines Lola’s offer to talk to her brother and urges her to enjoy the magical time leading up to her wedding.

At home, Nick talks to Christian by phone, tells him he loves him, and hopes he can come home soon.

Lola returns to Society and irks Abby by asking about Nate and the dinner. They talk about the difficulties of relationships. Abby texts Nate, who is leaving Devon’s penthouse and says, “Great dinner. Great night. Let’s leave it at that for now. Alright?”

In Chancellor Park, Sharon squares off with Nick over showing up at court with Adam. He goes on about being a better person and warns her Adam’s dangerous. She argues. Nick tells her she’ll have to make a decision – will she be on Adam’s side or everyone else’s?

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Someone asks Jack for help.

Honored Contributor

Re: 🛍🛍 Y&R AUGUST 2019 SPOILERS 🛍🛍

Somebody wanted to know what Kyle had done in New York that was so

bad.

Don't think it's ever been told. Lola will call off the wedding if she finds out he threw a toothpick out the window while driving.

He's besotted with that chick.

Honored Contributor

Hope Sharon does end up with Adam. 

Deserve each other. If Faith ever comes home again she'll have yet another 'Uncle Daddy'. She needs a scorecard.  Another Summer in the making.

Honored Contributor

Watch somebody hire Phyllis out of thankfulness

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE --

Best laugh of the day! I think I'll use that one in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Somebody wanted to know what Kyle had done in New York that was so

bad.

Don't think it's ever been told. Lola will call off the wedding if she finds out he threw a toothpick out the window while driving.

He's besotted with that chick.

Am i the only one who sees absolutely no chemistry between Kyle and Lola.........??  I am sure he will have done something "unforgiveable" to Lola and she will 

want to call off the wedding.  And i am sure Mama

and now Poppa Rosales will be coming to town soon.....

They got rid of two of the Rosales and are replacing them with two more.........................

I am just so tired of the "coddling" of Lola all the time....

and everyone stroking her ego...........ENOUGH.

and it seems she and Kyle are on everyday!!  And

just can't watch the whole Billy Goes Nuts scenario

Honored Contributor

It's Sharon for me that I want to throttle. She can't get out of her own way.

She peed away the best man she could ever have other then the veterinarian she had a long time ago who lived in the sticks. She was a out of control teenager who crippled her mother and she still hasn't grown up and almost 50.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17  From her first scene I've had no use for Lola and it's only gotten more clear over time... No, she and Kyle have no chemistry and this whole 'love of my life' nonsense has fallen on fully deaf ears. It wasn't well developed and it's not believable... This is not a romance that will keep me coming back for more... Her needy persona becomes less likable every day... just as everyone bending over backwards to kiss her sorry butt becomes less palatable every day... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got such a laugh in yesterday's episode when Jack told Kyle that he and Lola should have the wedding they always dreamed of.

I don't know about all guys but most of the ones that I knew didn't spend their time dreaming about their wedding.    It's just not a guy thing.    They go along with whatever their fiancee wants.   

Kyle is looking more and more ludicrous with all of his wedding planning.   Anyday now I expect to see him perusing a copy of Modern Bride. 

Honored Contributor

He's been neutered.   LOL think him and Theo might be 'good' pals