Honored Contributor

Re: 🌺🌸 Y&R APRIL 2020 w/ SPOILERS 🌸🌺

Well I've just about lost my hearing.

Here's how it goes when I watch this show.  Now let me preface this by saying I love Victor, I like his character and I like the man himself.  However, over the years he's gotten so that he talks so low I'm constantly turning up the TV when he's on.

Then suddenly a commercial comes on and it blasts me out of the TV room.  Commercials are louder anyway, but add to that the fact that I've turned up the TV to hear Victor as he speaks.

It's a chain reaction, Victor is talking...he's so quiet...his words (while masculine and I'm hanging on every word because I know they're important)...then FLIP...on comes a commercial and the noise blows my hair back...the cat wakes up like..."What the heck just happened".

OK, one more gripe....while I'm at it.  I can't stand watching Summer and her Hoochie Daddy constantly sucking face 24/7.  He's always taking off his shirt...well, she peels it off of him.

I think this last episode we had to watch it 2 times.  If they're not going at 'it', they're talking about going at 'it'.

I sound like an old f@rt and I'm sorry, but it jjust gets old.  I know all about how babies are made and I don't need it demonstrated by those two every episode.

I have never cared for Kyle.  Just don't like his persona.  Wouldn't mind if he went back to New York.

Once again (this time through no fault of their own this time)...we'll be left 'hanging' about the Adam/Victor scenario.

And here we go again people............

Respected Contributor

To me, Victor always sounds like he's talking thru clenched teeth.  It makes a whistling sound when he talks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I got so fed up with the ridiculous storylines I quit watching. And what's the deal with Kyle anyway? Last I saw he was head over heels with Lola the food truck girl. Does he just go back & forth between her & Summer?

Honored Contributor

They all do that, Sharon, Nick, phyllis, victoria, Adam. Victor married Sharon you know.

When they go back in time and start with the Adam story that will give the 'newbies' a starting point to see how evil Adam was from the get go and how Victor bent over backwards for the ingrate.

Michael Mulney, I guess will be shown as the 'best' Adam. First one wasn't bad kind of a little guy, but, the rumor was he wouldn't kiss another man and he quit or got the can one or the other. Just like with the Summer story it never was clear if Mulney fondled her or not. She reported it as such and he was gone.

Adam got involved in a gay relationship for his own means. Guy was a lawyer and did some things that weren't quite legal, but, such is love.

some of the earlier storylines were far fetched. Ashley falling down the stairs pregnant and didn't know she had had a miscarriage. Yeah, I know "what"? Adam hired a crooked shyster OB to come to the house and try to convince Ashley she was still pregnant. goofy stuff like that. Adam dressing up like a woman and putting on a mask of Victor's dead Italian wife to scare the 'hit out of Ashley.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

To me, Victor always sounds like he's talking thru clenched teeth.  It makes a whistling sound when he talks.

probably has dentures. I tried wearing a partial plate because I don't have any teeth on the bottom left. Thought it was making my jaw wrinkle not having support there. Went and had one made for 500 , hated that **** thing and threw it in the drawer and just added extra moisturizer on the wrinkle.

Husband hollered to blue heaven. Hard ol' thing no way could I eat with that thing. Need one made of softer material, like acrylic or something. LOL 

Honored Contributor

oh yeah, when I put that horror in my mouth I couldn't pronounce 'S's' at all

my own name is Susy sounded like Sushie hahhahaha DH laughed his rump off. Answered the phone "is this Susy"? yes, I"m sushey. Rofl

Respected Contributor

In the Y&R chat group I used to be on, we referred to Victor as "Mr. Mumbles" & made jokes about him calling Michael Baldwin "Munka Mawdwan"!

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, April 23rd from soaps.com:

At the ranch, Victor updates Nikki that Adam’s memory is buried too deep and he accused him of concocting a lie. Nikki learns Victor partly blames her for this situation because she told Victoria, who hates her brother, when he asked her not to. Nikki argues Adam’s constantly attacked the family with no consequences. It’s a dangerous pattern and she wonders where it will end. They bicker over her having no sympathy for Adam considering she experienced a similar situation as a child. Nikki reminds Victor that Adam’s no longer a helpless child, he’s a predator.

On Crimson Lights patio, Victoria approaches Adam and asks how his talk with Victor went. She guesses, “He told you, didn’t he?” Adam thinks they came up with the story to counteract him at Newman. They bicker about who is most worthy of the CEO position. Victoria feels deep down he knows he’s not worthy. Adam snaps, “Go to hell, Victoria.”

At Society, Mariah’s ordering food when Theo enters. He wonders if she’s catering Kyle’s celebration for firing him. Mariah has bigger concerns. Theo’s sorry to bother her. Across the room, Amanda and Billy sit. She saw him with Victoria, so he explains she spoke to him about her brother’s coup. He feels she’s staging a comeback and Adam won’t know what hit him. Amanda senses Billy has history with Adam. He won’t go there. Lily joins them to discuss Chancellor Media. As Amanda and Billy chat, Lily notices their rapport. Amanda learns Traci’s been asked to oversee fiction and worries. Billy and Lily reassure her. At the bar, Mariah apologizes to Theo for being short – she’s having a bad day too. Theo recalls Lola’s worried about Rey as well and asks if Sharon’s okay. Mariah replies, “She will be.” Theo recalls helping his sick mother before she died; he’s sure Sharon’s glad Mariah’s close. Mariah explains how she came into Sharon’s life late, as he did with the Abbotts. Theo urges her to stay optimistic about her mom. “You’re doing great.” Mariah offers to lend him an ear. After hearing he plagiarized the pitch, Mariah asks why he didn’t come up with his own. Theo choked. Mariah understands it was unnerving to compete against Kyle under Jack and feels the silver lining is he’ll find a better fit. She recalls she used to be terrible – people like them take longer to get their act together. Mariah teases him not to hurt Lola, then wishes him luck job hunting. After, Theo hears Billy talking about bringing in a younger demographic and smiles. Lily walks off on a call, and Theo continues listening to Amanda and Billy discuss getting ahead of trends.

Adam arrives at the penthouse, where Chelsea rambles about the baby shower and asks about his day. Adam doesn’t know where to start. “Victor fired me.” He tells her they came up with a cover story involving the perfect fall guy. “Me.” Chelsea’s stunned. Adam can’t forgive him dragging his mother into this. Chelsea questions Victor saying he protected Hope – if he’s trying to frame him why wouldn’t he say he was a cold-blooded killer? Adam wonders if part of her thinks this could be true. Chelsea is just shocked. She assures him they won’t allow Connor to hear about this.

More: Y&R to air Katherine Chancellor episodes

Victoria arrives at the ranch where Victor’s upset about her approaching Adam and accuses her of enjoying this. Victoria hollers about Adam blackmailing him – she’s paying the price. Victor was going to reinstate her; she didn’t need to blow up her brother’s life. Victoria won’t apologize for fighting off a threat to the company. Victor didn’t want to weaponize the information against Adam; it was tragic and could ruin his life. “Don’t you grasp that?” Victoria will do whatever it takes to protect the family and Newman Enterprises. Victor gives her the CEO title back – she’s earned it, but has lost his respect. Victoria can live with that. Later, Nikki finds Victor looking broken and places her hand on his arm.

More: Watch Elizabeth Hendrickson introduce baby on ET

At Newman Enterprises, Victoria sits behind the desk.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

CBS will air a classic episode of Young and Restless featuring Paul and Christine’s honeymoon.

Honored Contributor

Pass me the poison !

Honored Contributor

"CBS will air a classic episode of Young and Restless featuring Paul and Christine’s honeymoon."

It's now been made official... They've lost their minds...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...