Honored Contributor

Re: 🌷🌸 Y&R APRIL 2019 w/ SPOILERS! 🌸🌷

@Roni18  Fenmores was going under and Jack wanted to buy Lauren out. She cut a deal with Eric Forrester (B&B) so that she'd retain majority ownership but still sold 49% to Jack, who frankly, along with his brother Billy, are rapidly losing any appeal whatsosever... They're both like bobble head dolls in somebody's rear car window... Big heads with not much to back them up...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Hoping for a loose railing, anything on Tessa's balcony with Mariah too. An

absolute snooze fest. Can't stand any of the Devon and crew singers.Next 

storyline, how will Devon cope with a new love after losing the love of his life.

I'll pass, not worthy of our time.

They want to improve the show, then don't bore us to sleep with such

lousy storylines.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Roni18  Fenmores was going under and Jack wanted to buy Lauren out. She cut a deal with Eric Forrester (B&B) so that she'd retain majority ownership but still sold 49% to Jack, who frankly, along with his brother Billy, are rapidly losing any appeal whatsosever... They're both like bobble head dolls in somebody's rear car window... Big heads with not much to back them up...

@steviebThanks, I could not remember or didn't watch when that happened.  You know for years I wanted them just to give control of Jabot to Jack because it meant so much to him and they were always having Victor come out on top.  But after all of these years and CEO turnovers, I can't be bothered to care any more.  We have just been down this road so many times before. 

I like Jack, probably more for old time's sake than anything recent.  Not sure why the writers can't make a love connection for him.  

They are going to have to work hard to redeem Billy for me at this point.  They have made him pretty unlikable to me, stealing Jack's wife, sleeping with Summer, trying to get back with Phyllis, then trying to get back with Victoria, then running off like a kid to tattle on Cane.  Not to mention the gambling with the boat thing,etc.  Not likeable any more.  

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 I know everybody has been looking to feel better about this show, what with the JT nonsense finally being over and Raturo being sent packing, but sorry, I'm still not seeing anything on the horizon worth staying hooked in to... Looks like mostly the same tired qwap... Add the impending arrival of Miss Thang and nope, nada, zip...

And yes, they've been down the road with escapist Vicki before... Get the same feeling about Tessa re-uping the warbling career and just am. not. interested. in all these supposed talented song birds... Nothing could make me find Devon interesting... With Neil's demise, they should have taken the opportunity to get rid of the entire Ashby-Winters clan... The only one who was interesting was Hilary and she's long gone... 

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@steviebThanks, I could not remember or didn't watch when that happened.  You know for years I wanted them just to give control of Jabot to Jack because it meant so much to him and they were always having Victor come out on top.  But after all of these years and CEO turnovers, I can't be bothered to care any more.  We have just been down this road so many times before. 

I like Jack, probably more for old time's sake than anything recent.  Not sure why the writers can't make a love connection for him.  

They are going to have to work hard to redeem Billy for me at this point.  They have made him pretty unlikable to me, stealing Jack's wife, sleeping with Summer, trying to get back with Phyllis, then trying to get back with Victoria, then running off like a kid to tattle on Cane.  Not to mention the gambling with the boat thing,etc.  Not likeable any more.  

@Roni18  I suspect they'll reunite Jack with Miss Thang... As for Billy, no, he's just a jackhole... Nothing really redeeming about him at this point...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

Hoping for a loose railing, anything on Tessa's balcony with Mariah too. An

absolute snooze fest. Can't stand any of the Devon and crew singers.Next 

storyline, how will Devon cope with a new love after losing the love of his life.

I'll pass, not worthy of our time.

They want to improve the show, then don't bore us to sleep with such

lousy storylines.

@threecees  I know. A couple of positive moves doesn't make up for the endless snore-worthy stories involving even more snore-worthy characters... They don't seem to get it that a sizable portion of their viewing audience doesn't care about an awful lot of these characters. It's sort of critical with a soap that the audience actually give a flying fig about the people they're watching... It also helps for the viewers to actually like some of them...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Javala wrote:

Where is dr Nate did he explain that the liver might reject and healing would take time to know how the body would react!

The reason I bring this up is because trying to take on a commanding job like opening a new eatery and collapsing in the middle of this    I don't think the writers plan this well.

@Javala  Dr. Nate is supposedly in the midst of being recast... Maybe they're having him lay low until the newbie takes over... As for Lola, yea, well, here's hoping she over does it and just explodes... 

Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think it would be just deserts were Lauren and Phyllis to find a way to throw in with Ashley... The problem with Jack is that every time he's large and in charge is he gets even more pompous than usual... Ashley's becoming a nasty piece of work, but really, I don't blame her... I'd like to see her take Jacky and Billy boy down a peg or two... The show needs a high-end bitch and she'd fill the void...

Honored Contributor

And speaking of stirring the pot, where's our low-end vixen, Mia... Whether you like her or not, she's always worth watching... She needs to surface and start finding a way to tamper with Rey and Sharon's budding romance and otherwise create some drama... 

Regular Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Javala wrote:

Where is dr Nate did he explain that the liver might reject and healing would take time to know how the body would react!

The reason I bring this up is because trying to take on a commanding job like opening a new eatery and collapsing in the middle of this    I don't think the writers plan this well.

@Javala  Dr. Nate is supposedly in the midst of being recast... Maybe they're having him lay low until the newbie takes over... As for Lola, yea, well, here's hoping she over does it and just explodes... 

Smiley Surprised

@stevieb 

Thoughts are things....    as the constittution hangs by thread so does man's humanity and the mystery for some to feel the need to inflict...  instead of a bad hair day, could it be blood sugar?Smiley Happy