Super Contributor

Re: 🌷🌸 Y&R APRIL 2019 w/ SPOILERS! 🌸🌷

Wasn't it great to see Kerry leave? I just wanted to slap that smirk off her face! Couldn't stand her from the beginning, and glad she's gone. Can't stand to see Sharon with Rey. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd still like to see her and Nick reconnect. Sad like most of you that Gina as Phyllis is leaving. She has really made the part her own. Also, like most of you, I FF ANYTHING Devon, Ana, and her family. Maybe we can get them Amtrak tickets with the Rosales family to Miami. HA!

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 , I never liked Kerry. Terrible actress too! Glad she’s gone! We could take turns slapping that smirk off her face! 

Respected Contributor

Can anyoone here see a relationship of any merit between the actress who plays the owner of Fenmore's and the likes of Michelle Stafford.  No way in Hades I think.   She and the current Phyllis work well together.

I am afraid that the return of Stafford may well sound a death nell for my watching, even though I've been here since the first episode. I find her completely obnoxious and unwatchable. At least it will offer me an extra hour of free time during the day.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Wednesday, April 3rd from soaps.com:

In Las Vegas, Victoria ignores a text from Billy.

At the Abbott house, Billy worries to Jack about Victoria running away. Jack thinks she’s probably at a spa. Talk turns to rebuilding Jabot – with no products and no one to create any, they need a plan fast. Jack suggests shifting their priorities. Upstairs in their bedroom, Summer lets Kyle know she got the all clear to make love. Kyle’s drawn in when she says she misses him and they start undressing and kissing. After sex, Kyle looks at a photo of Lola on his phone and leaves the bed. Summer awakens and picks up his phone, which displays Lola’s smiling face. Downstairs, Kyle has joined Billy and Jack to discuss Jabot being about the full look – including clothes and shoes. Summer appears and Billy doesn’t want to discuss business in front of her, but Kyle feels she should stay. Jack asks for Summer’s ideas. She talks about social media, stylists, and schools Jack on ‘unboxings’ as she and Kyle brainstorm. Billy and Jack are clearly impressed. Jack will mix in some traditional ideas and tells them, “Great job!”

At the penthouse, Elena finds Devon listening to demos and tells him his place is amazing. They talk about Hilary. Elena recognizes her from GC Buzz; it broke her heart when she passed. Devon says, “Mine too.” After, he invites Elena to keep him company and she reveals she grew up in Milwaukee. She loves taking care of Uncle Jett but sometimes wishes she could go out. Devon suggests doing something together then backtracks when it goes over awkwardly. Elena later apologizes; she didn’t want things to be awkward with them living there. They agree to get coffee together some time. Later, they’re laughing together and Devon reminds her about the coffee before saying goodnight.

At Crimson Lights, Mariah surprises Tessa with her guitar from the pawn shop. Tessa doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Mariah says, “Sing.” Tessa needs to reconnect with her music alone. She kisses Mariah and thanks her for believing in her before leaving.

Rey arrives at Sharon’s house and thanks her for the dinner invitation. She couldn’t wait for the second date after their first one was so successful this afternoon. Rey pours wine and Sharon tells him if he keeps looking at her like that, they won’t make it until dinner. Sharon notice he seems pensive and assures him there’s nothing he can’t talk to her about. Suddenly, Mariah enters. She’s surprised when Sharon chirps that they’re about to have dinner, then says she’s famished. Over dinner, Mariah acknowledges that even though Rey arrested Sharon, in the end he did the right thing. She shares that Tessa’s charges were dropped. Sharon’s glad – they all need a fresh start. Mariah notices Rey and Sharon holding hands. Sharon hopes she’ll be happy for her. Mariah questions Rey about his marriage and he says it’s only on paper; he intends to make her mother very happy. Once Mariah’s gone, Rey and Sharon gaze at each other. Soon, they’re undressing, and he lifts her off the floor to carry her to bed.

In Las Vegas, a guy named Brandon Rose, (played by Mitch Eakins), knocks on Victoria’s hotel room door and calls out for Lizzie. She tells him he has the wrong room and wonders if she needs to call security. He slips a poster under the door for his band – he’ll leave a VIP pass for her at the box office tonight and wants to see if she’s as beautiful as her voice. Victoria scrunches up the poster. After, she phones the kids then gets into bed, but can’t sleep. She retrieves the poster from the trash and gets dressed. Later, she’s with the band in her room and poses for a group selfie before telling Brandon she loved the show. She introduces herself as an artist named Jani and goes on about meeting with galleries. Brandon says he’s really impressed and calls her Victoria. She explains she was just having fun, so he suggests turning it up a notch. She nixes going to a club, so the party breaks up, but Brandon writes his number on her hand before leaving. Victoria smiles to herself as she tidies up and puts his number into her phone.

Outside her apartment on the fire escape, Tessa struggles with playing a song and puts down her guitar. Mariah finds her frustrated and not knowing how to fix this. She suggests Tessa play one of her old songs and it works.

At the Abbott house, Billy’s stunned when Summer sees Victoria’s selfie and reports she’s in Vegas hanging out with the Bloody Thorns. He grimly says this is a lot more than decompressing.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Cane makes amends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow. Pretty much none of the spoilers portend well for interesting story telling.

Just can't wrap my head around Tessa with or without Mariah, another dud story line for Devon, Lola's recovery, or surely, Cane. And, unless Mia surfaces soon to stir the pot, Rey and Sharon will get old pretty fast. The Jabot story line was DOA,

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@steviebI agree with you! Anything business is boring to me. Bringing in a potential new romance for Devon gets 2 yawns from me. And Victoria now having a complete personality change is laughable but might be fun watching just for the sheer stupidity of it. The only saving grace is Mia and what trouble she might stir up for Sharon and Rey, and when the new Adam comes back. Kind of hoping they will hook up to be the dynamic duo of villans.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@stevieb @hsawaknow  Yes, while they throw out a bit of good news every now and then (Raturo and Kerry leaving) they just can't seem to get away from stupid storylines.  

Billy and Jack can't even run Jabot as a cosmetics company now they want to expand into clothing?  I never figured out how Lauren's department stores got under Jabot in the first place.  Probably because I tend to fast forward a lot.  

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for Sharon, personally, I thought she was stupid to walk away from her job because Paul dumped Rey... Really, while most of us are glad the story line is over, any chief worth his salt would have dumped Rey... Right or wrong, he stepped way out of bounds... Meanwhile, Sharon, who was working on an actual career, can go back to pouring coffee... 

@steviebAgreed.  One minute she was asking Paul not to fire her and the next she was quitting on behalf of Rey.  A guy who is declaring love for her but I don't see a divorce.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where is dr Nate did he explain that the liver might reject and healing would take time to know how the body would react!

The reason I bring this up is because trying to take on a commanding job like opening a new eatery and collapsing in the middle of this    I don't think the writers plan this well.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Not really a fan of Paul, but did enjoy his little visit with Nicki yesterday, since it made it seem almost like old times in Genoa City... Then he had to go and say 'JT agreed to serve some time'... Really?  First, I wasn't aware it was up to criminals to 'agree' to be prosecuted... But this is just such tripe... If the man was literally acting based on a physical condition, any lawyer worth a darn is going to plead diminished capacity... If JT was acting as he did because his behavior was outside of his control, odds are that would be taken into consideration... I wonder if we're now finished with JT and the actor was back just long enough to end the story line... I'd hoped he'd stick around...

@steviebI agree with you on this too.  Half, make that 75% of Genoa City has done way worse than JT and they are walking around free as birds. 

I was hoping he would stick around too because he is one of the few characters that doesn't make me cringe when they are on! 

Not sure where they are going with the Victoria story.  It seems to me that they have gone this route with her before.  I didn't watch today but might tune in tomorrow just to see what this new guy looks like.  

He will probably come to town and sign his band with Devon.  Ugh- I have a fear since Tessa is pulling out her guitar she will probably join this new band or something.  

While I am on my soapbox, I have to add that I really don't care for Devon's character at all.  Especailly, after he inherited that money he just comes off as condescending and a know it all (when he really doesn't.)  Not a fan.