Honored Contributor

Re: 🌷🌸 Y&R APRIL 2019 w/ SPOILERS! 🌸🌷

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Every closet should have a wrap dress or two so they can be peeled off in a moment's notice ala Sharon and Rey.

The wrap dress was merely a convenience... Sharon's had a lot of practice undressing quickly... And I mean a lot of practice...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Personally I'd like to see Sharon in an honest, loving relationship for a while.  It would be a nice chnge. She's a good mother.  She's obviously not a bimbo, so stop playing her as one. She's furthered her education and developed a career for herself.  LET HER BE A PERSON WHO CAN BE ADMIRED FOR A CHANGE..

One more thing.  I can watch American Idol at night if I have a need for amateur musicians.  I don't need Motown midday. Can't we dump the music business for a while. . . . .   PLEASE...  

LEAVING ALL KATHRYN'S MONEY TO DEVON WAS A BIG MISTAKE.  HE'S NOT A  MAN FOR BUSINESS  - JUST ANOTHER FRUSTRATED MUSICIAN WANNABE.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess it'll be a while before the audience knows what really went down with the Phyllis casting switch... It seems clear that GH did not want to pay Stafford what she wanted. Several sources had reported that negotiations had broken down... What seems less clear is whether Gina wanted out or was booted from Y&R... One FB source is saying Gina's contract with Y&R ended next year and that she had indicated she didn't want to renew it. Apparently, it was reported she commutes from the east coast, though how that's possible is anyone's guess... Hence, the idiots that be at Y&R opted to buy out her contract so they could reinstate Stafford, given that Gina did not plan to continue beyond the terms of her contract.,. Who knows... 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Perkup  I am SO with you on the musical focus... Who cares... And Devon, well, there are no words... Now THIS is a role that might benefit from a recast... He might have been a cute kid, but as an adult actor, he has no emotional range... 

Honored Contributor

As for Sharon, personally, I thought she was stupid to walk away from her job because Paul dumped Rey... Really, while most of us are glad the story line is over, any chief worth his salt would have dumped Rey... Right or wrong, he stepped way out of bounds... Meanwhile, Sharon, who was working on an actual career, can go back to pouring coffee... 

Honored Contributor

Not really a fan of Paul, but did enjoy his little visit with Nicki yesterday, since it made it seem almost like old times in Genoa City... Then he had to go and say 'JT agreed to serve some time'... Really?  First, I wasn't aware it was up to criminals to 'agree' to be prosecuted... But this is just such tripe... If the man was literally acting based on a physical condition, any lawyer worth a darn is going to plead diminished capacity... If JT was acting as he did because his behavior was outside of his control, odds are that would be taken into consideration... I wonder if we're now finished with JT and the actor was back just long enough to end the story line... I'd hoped he'd stick around...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After watching yesterday...l thought the show was pretty good with the Jabot takeover scenes....but then it kept going back to Sharon & Rey.....ugh.......i cringed everytime i saw Sharon and Rey together.....then fast forwarded.....as i have said before i disliked him more then Arturo......i was hoping they wouldn't put those two together...now we will never get rid of him....!!

Secondly................was wondering WHY is Devon having Ana's father and the Cousin move into his condo/apartment in THE BUILDING HE OWNS.....can't he just give them an empty apt to live in temporarily???

Or rent out one somewhere for them???

I felt horrible reading in these posts yesterday that Gina Tognoni  is living  Y & R..........an actress who can ACTUALLY act!!...What a disappointment. I have enjoyed her in the past on Guiding Light and was thrilled when she came on to replace Michelle Stafford.  And i think she brought so much more to the character...................

If this was a choice by Y & R to bring back Stafford i think they are def making a big mistake.  Stafford has been a bit flippy when she left Y & R....tried some other avenues of entertainment and then finally got on GH.   I would be a bit afraid to bank on her if i were the powers that be......

I could never see Michele Stafford with the Billy character who is there now ( or Billy Miller of the past).......I NEVER saw the chemistry between her and Nick with their numerous hook ups.......and her and Jack were a yawn....

I am surprised she didn't stay at GH..........

Wonder if they are bringing her back to eventually end up with Jack again??.............Such a big mistake.....maybe i am wrong but i am doubting that Gina would want to leave Y &R............

It was said that Ashley was only going to be in the soap for a short while...so hoping Jack gets his house in order soon...so we don't have to do too much of the "power struggle" storyline again....

I can't believe that Lola is SO ANXIOUS to get the restaurant going that she would RISK her health again....

insane.........especially wonder where she figures she would go next to get liver help if things go wrong!!

The fact that everyone keeps warning her about working again too soon and today she acted like she was in pain....makes me that that she will have some kind  of a health issue from doing too much....and Kyle will run to her side, etc etc ..............If i was Phyllis i would have had a nice talk w/my new son in law....and warned him that he better not hurt my daughter and keep away from Lola...i am surprised she took things so calmly.......................

Also...ENOUGH with the muscial characters....and storylines....it is like The Voice all over!!  Too much....

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Wait a minute!  What did I miss here?  Is Michelle Stafford coming BACK to Y&R and is the Phyllis that I'm seeing leaving?

Well, they crammed this Phyllis down our throats and I think she's been doing a wonderful job (I hate change and I accepted her readily).

So, are you guys saying Michelle Stafford is coming back?

Now we are supposed to get used to another family (Devon's).  Just when is this switch-a-roo going to end?

I'm watching Y&R now (it's almost 3:30 here on east coast DVR).  I'm getting dizzy trying to keep up with who's in and who's out.

They just need to bring in Boo Boo Kitty and she'd straighten this whole thing out in a nano-second.

So Doug Davidson just showed up.

OK, back to Y&R and Kerry.  My late husband sold his business back to his partner.  It had grown large and he was bored with it.  He didn't sign a non-compete clause although it would have been wise for his partner to request it because my husband was the analyst and ran the company.  But he took my husband at his word when he said he didn't want anything to do with computer stuff at all.  

My husband became a builder and a few other things but nothing to do with computers.  I mention this because it does happen (non-compete).

BUT (and this is a big but).  I would think if Jabot wanted to they could go after Kerry because everything she developed while employed in their company should rightfully belong to them.

I mentioned somewhere earlier that based on the tiny bit I saw on another show developing perfume is extremely laborious (i.e. time consuming and need a lot of equipment, etc).  She couldn't just go home and work on it.  It would take a lot of equipment (that would mean using Jabot equipment).

Now maybe we are supposed to assume that in the paperwork Phyllis was handed had (among the non-compete) that she could use their equipment (remember that perfume she made just for Jack) while working on her own, that's different.

I just think the audience is more intelligent (just look at our comments) than they (the writers) give us credit for.

Today's viewers are people who have access to computers and are more knowledgeable than in the past.

But I guess we all have no choice but to let it go.  There are people who aren't willing to 'let it go' and I suspect are leaving this show.

Too many ups and downs and new people.

If I only have to put up with Rey, I guess I have no choice but I feel like some of you do.  I like Sharon....well...she's not too bad.  I'd like to see her find love that last's awhile although everything I read from actors they like having to deal with angst on the show(s).  Some say they enjoy being murders, etc.

Abby is written to be a bimbo and 'little girl' (think in a baby voice).

If anyone wants to see a show written extremely well about business and the back-stabbing that goes on you should watch a show called Billions.  It's awesome and (in my opinion) makes total business sense.

Honored Contributor

@trenet  You made me laugh out loud!  Any day now we will have a transgender on Y&R.  I'm with you, I thought it would have been neat but only if they'd used a real transgender (not like over on B&B), that was totally stupid.

Ashley's hair looks terrible.  It looks so dry and unattractive.

I do enjoy seeing Michael and Loren together.  They used to be such a fun couple and now they're boring talking Phlem....Ugh!  They waste away a good storyline with Michael. He's such a good actor!

He also has a really, really good hairpiece.  I love it and I like him!

OMG!  The Virgin who's it just showed up!