Honored Contributor

Re: 🌷🌸 Y&R APRIL 2019 w/ SPOILERS! 🌸🌷

@Javala wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

For me, disgusting, boing, ugly, untalented and other negatives come to mind.  I truly disliked her in the show, and have never watched her in any other role. Sorry to hear she is returning.  I dislike the role of Phyllis and would love to see that eliminated. But for this actress to return will allow me to watch less and have more spare time.  Perhaps I should be grateful..

@Perkup 

Stafford plain and simple is a wacko I saw some of the stuff she did after leaving the show acting out some of the most gross things yuck!

@Javala  All else aside, I do think she's a flake... There's been quite a bit of discussion about some of her 'out there' antics... I guess given some of her affiliations it shouldn't be surprising... Everyone decides for themselves what to believe and how to act but her choices have left me without much respect for her... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

For me, disgusting, boing, ugly, untalented and other negatives come to mind.  I truly disliked her in the show, and have never watched her in any other role. Sorry to hear she is returning.  I dislike the role of Phyllis and would love to see that eliminated. But for this actress to return will allow me to watch less and have more spare time.  Perhaps I should be grateful..

So now I'm quoting myself.  But to add, at least the current Phyllis is an attractive woman. More than I can say for the incoming person.   And it seems to me that Ashley has had  a few tweeks to the face while she was away. Hope she goes away again very soon. I don't see that the return of either woman is going to help this soap in any meaningful way. In fact, it may throw it into a death spiral - at  least for people llike me who were there for the first episode, and are thoroughly sick of the Jabot storyline.

OMG @Perkup  

I'd be all right with Ashley's return, more or less because she's almost always been there, but Stafford, not so much... And while I realize it's not all about looks, yes, Gina is pretty, while the other one could always get a gig modeling for Halloween or gargoyle masks... Regardless, it's about the talent and while Stafford clearly has talent, she's not in Gina's league... I was no big fan of Kerry, but I thought her several Tweets about Gina, one one which I've quoted, were spot on:

@stevieb  I am glad Ashley is back I feel she brings a stabling force even at this time they are all up in air. The family has to work out these issues 

Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, April 2nd from soaps.com:

At Jabot, Lauren pops into Jack’s office to wish him well, though she believes he’s letting his issues with Ashley interfere with reason. Jack insists both companies will thrive. Lauren doesn’t share his confidence and wants to buy back Jabot’s stake in Fenmore’s. Jack refuses; Fenmore’s is integral to his plan to revitalize Jabot. Lauren complains he wants her profits to finance his scheme. Jack asks if she has the money to buy back her stake. She doesn’t yet. Jack invites her to revisit the idea when she does. In the hall, Lauren updates Phyllis, who would like to run Fenmore’s with her. Lauren’s ready to talk. Later, Phyllis goes to Jack looking for her severance package. He refuses to pay her, but assures her she’ll land on her feet. Phyllis counters that when she does, he’d better be looking over his shoulder.

Devon welcomes Jett and Elena into the penthouse, and Ana helps Elena take her things upstairs. As Devon heads out, Jett plays the piano. Ana listens with a smile on the stairs. After, they chat, and Ana warns Devon can get a little intense and moody. Jett knows he’s been through a lot. He plays another song after talking about making a comeback but starts coughing. Elena appears and reminds him not to rush things. Ana asks him to play it again, this time she sings. Jett and Elena are impressed. Jett goes to rest.

In Ashley’s suite, she learns from Abby that Phyllis was voted out and Jack is now CEO. Ashley insists she’s taking over the family business whether Jack likes it or not. Talk turns to Dina’s worsening confusion, then Abby’s wedding. Abby reveals she broke things off with Arturo but won’t get into it. Ash learns she also left Dark Horse, and asks her to be her second-in-command in Paris. Abby declines and explains how excited she is about the new restaurant. Ashley’s confident Jack will accept her proposal. Just then, he knocks. Abby leaves them. Jack remarks on the irony of Ashley helping him get put back in charge at Jabot and refuses her offer. They argue at length about who is following their darker impulses and who John would be more disappointed in. Finally, Ashley suggests they work together. Jack asks how they would do that, and they bicker about who’s qualified to lead the company. Jack suggests they use their respective companies to compete. Ashley accepts his challenge. Jack toasts, “Let the battle begin.”

At Rey’s place, Devon asks Lola about her recovery, he’s surprised it was in GC Buzz that they’re going ahead so soon. She wonders if he’s not on board. Devon cares more about her health than his investment. Lola assures him she won’t end up back in hospital. After he leaves, she holds her abdomen.

At Crimson Lights, Kyle updates Summer on the fiasco at Jabot, then breaks the news that Phyllis was held responsible and was voted out. Summer thinks it might be best to wait to tell her about being Lola’s donor, but Kyle worries she’ll find out another way. He reveals he, Billy and Jack were trying to oust her mother before the debacle with Ashley, just as Phyllis walks in. Summer tells her she’s sorry about Jabot and tries to lead in to the donor news. Kyle blurts, “She saved someone’s life.” Phyllis is irked to find out others were told before her, and hopes Lola appreciates what she did. She speaks to Summer alone and tells her daughter that Kyle got what he wanted – Summer to save the life of the woman he loves. She doesn’t trust the Abbotts and Kyle’s the worst in the bunch. Summer defends her husband. On the patio, Kyle encounters Lola. She talks about the restaurant and questions why he’s not looking after his wife. Inside, Summer protests that Kyle is loyal. Phyllis spots him with Lola and asks, “Is he?” Summer heads out there, exchanges pleasantries, then asks Kyle to take her home.

At the Club, Lauren rants about the situation at Jabot and condemns Jack and Ashley’s constant fighting. Michael agrees to look one more time for a way to break the contract between Jabot and Fenmore’s. Talk turns to Fenmore. Lauren warns he still thinks Michael is disappointed in him. They discuss his tour and Michael complains his dreams won’t pay the bills. Lauren suggests Michael find a way to be supportive. Lauren speaks to Phyllis on the phone and advises her to let her know when she has the money.

At the penthouse, Elena tells Ana she’s trying not to get too comfortable. They awkwardly discuss money, and Elena assures Ana she’s not looking for a handout from her uncle or Devon. Ana hopes they can be friends. After, Devon arrives to find Elena on the sofa alone…drinking from Hilary’s mug. He’s taken aback but covers.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Victoria has some fun.

Valued Contributor

I was waiting for Jack to ask Kerry to give the diamond bracelet back. Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@DJP wrote:

I was waiting for Jack to ask Kerry to give the diamond bracelet back. Smiley LOL

@DJP  He should have torn it off her, if she was wearing it but he has his mind

on more important things, like warming up his old seat.

Respected Contributor

So tired of Jack and Ashley fighting.  When we said we wanted back some of the good storylines from days of old this was not what we were talking about!!  I think they should just let Tracy run the business at this point.  She is the least flakiest right now.  

This show just thinks we love business.  I am sure when Adam returns they will revisit who will be CEO or COO or whatever of Newman.  Now that Nicky boy has his own mystery company, Victoria can compete with Adam again.  A storyline I am sure none of us want to see! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I am one person that is going to really miss Gina T. playing the roll of Phyllis. She grew into the role and made it hers. I was upset when Michelle Stanford left because she played the role well as far as being devious. Gina played the role for five years and it sounds like she was booted because Stafford left GH to go back to Y&R. 

Honored Contributor

Every closet should have a wrap dress or two so they can be peeled off in a moment's notice ala Sharon and Rey.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18 wrote:

So tired of Jack and Ashley fighting.  When we said we wanted back some of the good storylines from days of old this was not what we were talking about!!  I think they should just let Tracy run the business at this point.  She is the least flakiest right now.  

This show just thinks we love business.  I am sure when Adam returns they will revisit who will be CEO or COO or whatever of Newman.  Now that Nicky boy has his own mystery company, Victoria can compete with Adam again.  A storyline I am sure none of us want to see! 

Isn't it the truth.... If anyone thought Jack's sitting blissfully back in his big boss chair made my day they'd be delusional... It would not be possible for me to care less about who runs the umpteenth incarnation of Jabot's management team... And as for that bucket of cow chips as to why they couldn't take action against Ashley and Kerry (or whatever her name is...) they must think the audience is comprised of a bunch of dimwits... Yes, Ashley had the right to send someone in to monitor activities. No, they did not have the right to have her minion impersonate someone else and claim to be doing work she wasn't doing and on and on and on... And why the switch to a British accent... Just so very silly...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the sanctimonious Abbotts pinning the blame for the patent debacle on Phyllis, well, you knew it would go down that way, but the history was that both Jack and Billy were wining and dining the supposed Kerry. Neither of them had vetted her any better than supposedly did Phyllis... My recollection was that the supposed Kerry said she would only work for Phyllis, which is how Phyllis ended up as the CEO, but both of the boys were chomping at the bit to hire her as well... As for a non-compete clause. It was irrelevant... Kerry wasn't even Kerry, as it turned out... The real Kerry was already working for Ashley... All of the products supposedly developed for Jabot had already been developed by the real Kerry for Ashley... Man, this just gets dumber and dumber... I think this was yet another case of them changing plans at the writer's table when Eileen Davidson agreed to come back for a visit and once again continuity suffers while viewers are again asked to suspend reality... Oh well... Standard Operating Procedure in GC, it seems...