Valued Contributor

Re: 🌷🌸 Y&R APRIL 2019 w/ SPOILERS! 🌸🌷

Loved Gina as "Dinah". But, as a viewer of Y&R since the beginning...Michelle IS Phyllis...sexy, naughty and so many other wonderful adjectives come to mind.

Respected Contributor

For me, disgusting, boing, ugly, untalented and other negatives come to mind.  I truly disliked her in the show, and have never watched her in any other role. Sorry to hear she is returning.  I dislike the role of Phyllis and would love to see that eliminated. But for this actress to return will allow me to watch less and have more spare time.  Perhaps I should be grateful..

Esteemed Contributor

I have to get me one or two of those wrap dresses like Sharon has, Just in case

I get a hottie at my door like she does today.

I always have my personal fashion show in my living room with a bunch of possible 

choices to wear on a hot date. I always choose the one that is easiest to tear off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dakotacheryl wrote:

Loved Gina as "Dinah". But, as a viewer of Y&R since the beginning...Michelle IS Phyllis...sexy, naughty and so many other wonderful adjectives come to mind.

Just as Terry Lester was Jack and Brenda Dickson was Jill... Audiences had to get used to recasts of those two roles , among others, and, both Jack and Jill were pivotol at the time... The big difference in this case is that the replacement, Gina, is probably the better actress... As for those adjectives, I'd had brassy, trashy, hedonistic and animalistic to the list... I didn't care for her the first time around so don't think I'll be signing on for the return engagagement... 

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

For me, disgusting, boing, ugly, untalented and other negatives come to mind.  I truly disliked her in the show, and have never watched her in any other role. Sorry to hear she is returning.  I dislike the role of Phyllis and would love to see that eliminated. But for this actress to return will allow me to watch less and have more spare time.  Perhaps I should be grateful..

@Perkup  I agree about Stafford. Not even to mention the shabby treatment of Gina... So she's left without a job, despite being a very talented actress simply so they can bring that gargoyle back from Port Charles... I really wish these two soaps would quit trading 'talent', such as it is, back and forth... I did like the Phyllis character as portrayed by Gina, but always thought the character as written for and portrayed by Stafford bordered on being a sociopath, was essentially amoral and was dangerously at risk of becoming little more than a cartoon character... 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

So now I'm quoting myself.  But to add, at least the current Phyllis is an attractive woman. More than I can say for the incoming person.   And it seems to me that Ashley has had  a few tweeks to the face while she was away. Hope she goes away again very soon. I don't see that the return of either woman is going to help this soap in any meaningful way. In fact, it may throw it into a death spiral - at  least for people llike me who were there for the first episode, and are thoroughly sick of the Jabot storyline.

Honored Contributor

Rey has gorgeous eyelashes. I hope they are real.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Michelle owned the Phyllis role  and when Gina took over the role she was kinda mousy too me at first but I gradually saw her grow into the role but after all is said and done I can not picture Michelle and Billy boy together at all.

I've seen Michelle play a brief role in Double Jeopardy with my girl Ashley Judd but that came out in 1999.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

So now I'm quoting myself.  But to add, at least the current Phyllis is an attractive woman. More than I can say for the incoming person.   And it seems to me that Ashley has had  a few tweeks to the face while she was away. Hope she goes away again very soon. I don't see that the return of either woman is going to help this soap in any meaningful way. In fact, it may throw it into a death spiral - at  least for people llike me who were there for the first episode, and are thoroughly sick of the Jabot storyline.

OMG @Perkup  I don't know how they can believe for a minute that more mileage is to be gained from YET ANOTHER war for control of Jabot... Thoroughly run into the ground...

I'd be all right with Ashley's return, more or less because she's almost always been there, but Stafford, not so much... And while I realize it's not all about looks, yes, Gina is pretty, while the other one could always get a gig modeling for Halloween masks... And yea, I know, I'm being mean... So what... Regardless, it's about the talent and while Stafford clearly has talent, she's not in Gina's league... I was no big fan of Kerry, but I thought her several Tweets about Gina, one one which I've quoted, were spot on:

“You are the smartest, sharpest, deepest and most layered actor I saw on that set and I enjoyed watching you work beginning to end. Thank you for pouring your heart into Phyliss and demonstrating how to love and understand such a deeply flawed character. I’m better for having worked with you. X.”

I was so hoping this show was turning a corner and maybe they are, but this casting stunt has left a really rancid taste in my mouth... I'll say it again, there are LOTS of roles on this show that need a recast, but this was not one of them... And if I'm beating a dead horse, well then so be it... 

Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup @stevvie 

Stafford plain and simple is a wacko I saw some of the stuff she did after leaving the show acting out some of the most gross things yuck!