Honored Contributor

Re: 🌷🌸 Y&R APRIL 2019 w/ SPOILERS! 🌸🌷

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I vastly prefer Gina in the role and am not remotely pleased about Stafford's return. I'll be looking to find out if Gina left or was let go. If she left, fine, I'll accept her choice. If she was let go, and most of the reports are that she was, then I'll be sorely tempted to bid a not so fond farewell to this show. There are so many bad casting choices and other things that had to be overlooked with this show in recent years, but this might prove to be one too many. 

@stevieb I watch Y&R from time to time and always delight in watching Gina Tognoni in action. I enjoyed watching her in the past as Dinah on Guiding Light, my old favorite soap. What bad news that she will be leaving the role of Phyllis. Maybe she will land on another soap because she is such a fabulous actress. Here's her message on it if you haven't seen it already: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvpwc7ohB9P/

@EdithEllenLily  At one time Y&R was not to be missed for me. I taped it daily and watched it when I got home. Then, a number of years ago, I pretty much gave up all the soaps. I've only re-upped in the past few years, but I do remember and always liked Gina as Dinah Marler and she was also very good on One Life to LIve.

I saw her instagram message earlier and while gracious, it doesn't really say how this came to be, but other reports are that her contract wasn't renewed in favor of Stafford. Stafford did well with the role, but she wanted out and she left. From where I sit, she'd done as much with the role as she was able to do, Gina is capable of a far more multi-layered performance and is capable of more nuance as an actress, not to mention she's more attractive... This does not sit well with me at all, especially when I look at some of the awful casting choices made by this soap recently and over the past several years... If the powers that be want to recapture the Y&R of days gone by good, I can't blame them, but this isn't the way to go about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@hsawaknow , not sure we should be talking about the package, but I agree he sure has Billy beat.

@AuntG  Auntie... Oh my... Woman Embarassed But yes, it would seem he does...

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   I too remember Gina as Dinah on Guiding Light.I loved that show & loved Dinah.

When Michelle Stafford left Y & R I was sure I would never accept a replacement for her. Then came Gina & I fell in love with her in the role.I think she’s been great.

If Gina decided to leave on her own so be it.However, it appears that she was let go in favor of Michelle. If that’s true then that’s not okay.

@stevieb  I agree with you Y & R may have made a big mistake.

Honored Contributor

In a surprising twist, Gina Tognoni has left Y&R and Michelle Stafford (Nina Cassadine, General Hospital) is leaving GH and returning to the Young and the Restless role she originated as Phyllis Summers Abbott, according to Daytime Confidential. Stafford previously left the role in 2013 after 16 years with the CBS soap. There is no word yet on her first airdate back in Genoa City. Soaps.com will update when more information becomes available.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   I too remember Gina as Dinah on Guiding Light.I loved that show & loved Dinah.

When Michelle Stafford left Y & R I was sure I would never accept a replacement for her. Then came Gina & I fell in love with her in the role.I think she’s been great.

If Gina decided to leave on her own so be it.However, it appears that she was let go in favor of Michelle. If that’s true then that’s not okay.

@stevieb  I agree with you Y & R may have made a big mistake.

@NicksmomESQ ... As they so often do... It's proven to be what they do best...

I am livid... Of all the roles that NEED recasting, this was SO not one of them...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

As I was reading @loveschocolate spoilers I remember when the Abbott family with all their money and privileges were very close knit and had fun together, now look at them.

And Jack with this Kerry/Dominique chick he can't get a break with these so call relationships.

@Luvitorleaveit1 ... Yea. the Abbotts have come unglued... Sort of a shame... As for Jacky's luck in love, maybe if the man would date someone his own age he'd be more successful... I see where they're probably going to embark on a Jack and Phyllis redux, much to my disappointment, so maybe he'll get lucky this time... For my money, the best match Jack ever made was with Genevieve... Wish they'd bring her back and get rid of her her supposed son, Cane...

luvitorleaveit wrote:

@stevieblol I agree Jack needs to date someone his own age but I wonder if he is doing that purposely to have children.  I liked him and feisty Gloria together but I also think they will try to reglue him and Phyllis again.  

Devon will hook up with the nurse taking care of the sister's father.  I forgot who else is loose and free.  I missed what Cane did to have Lilly serve him with divorce papers, what did this loser do?

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

As I was reading @loveschocolate spoilers I remember when the Abbott family with all their money and privileges were very close knit and had fun together, now look at them.

And Jack with this Kerry/Dominique chick he can't get a break with these so call relationships.

@Luvitorleaveit1 ... Yea. the Abbotts have come unglued... Sort of a shame... As for Jacky's luck in love, maybe if the man would date someone his own age he'd be more successful... I see where they're probably going to embark on a Jack and Phyllis redux, much to my disappointment, so maybe he'll get lucky this time... For my money, the best match Jack ever made was with Genevieve... Wish they'd bring her back and get rid of her her supposed son, Cane...

luvitorleaveit wrote:

@stevieblol I agree Jack needs to date someone his own age but I wonder if he is doing that purposely to have children.  I liked him and feisty Gloria together but I also think they will try to reglue him and Phyllis again.  

Devon will hook up with the nurse taking care of the sister's father.  I forgot who else is loose and free.  I missed what Cane did to have Lilly serve him with divorce papers, what did this loser do?

@Luvitorleaveit1  But Jack was pretty clear with Kerry that he was past his sell by date regarding kids... So I don't think that's it... He and Gloria were fun together but they let her get away... I think we'll find that Lily has just changed and on top of Marble Mouth's antics before she got sent up remember Baby Billy went to the Big House and tattled that Cane and Victoria were on the verge of hooking up. I guess she thought that when it gets down to it, she really can't trust him... Billy and Cane should date, It's hard to figure out who's the biggest jerk... That said, I can still take Billy before I can Cane...

Honored Contributor
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I vastly prefer Gina in the role and am not remotely pleased about Stafford's return. I'll be looking to find out if Gina left or was let go. If she left, fine, I'll accept her choice. If she was let go, and most of the reports are that she was, then I'll be sorely tempted to bid a not so fond farewell to this show. There are so many bad casting choices and other things that had to be overlooked with this show in recent years, but this might prove to be one too many. 

@stevieb I think Gina did a great job taking over the role and making it her own, I not please that Stafford might return.

Regular Contributor

Just makes you wonder if Y&R recents their viewing audience?  They always seem to be doing things to displease us???