Regular Contributor

Xfinity Watchathon Recommendations

Xfinity customers -- Any movie recommendations for this Watchathon week that is going on right now?  Films that I want to watch on not available this Watchathon so I am scrolling through the options looking.  I don't like scary or overly violent.

I have a recommendation to pass along.  I just watched the movie "Maudie" which is a sweet love story based on the true life story of Maud Lewis who was a folk artist in Nova Scotia mid-last century.  It is less that two hours long, and the acting, directing and cinematography are great.  You'll probably need a tissue or two at the end.  Check it out if this genre interests you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Xfinity Watchathon Recommendations

I am glad I saw your post about Maud Lewis.  She hooked great rugs.  

We're watching The Handmaiden's Tale.  

I wanted to see the Kate Winslet HBO series but only two episodes are available.

Respected Contributor

@tansy HBO is only releasing one episode per week so there are only two episodes available right now.

Valued Contributor

I was looking forward to the Watchaton, but could not find a movie, however, if you are into binge watching have you seen Big Little Lies or The Undoing?  Both really good.  I watched the 2 episodes of Mare of Eastown and now that I am hooked I will probably pay for HBO next week.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If you are a fan of the British shows I recommend Doc Martin. It's on Acorn TV. We are binge watching the last 3 seasons watching 4 episodes a day to finish by Monday. I haven't seen any movies on Watchathon week. that appeal to me. 

Valued Contributor

@JanetsGirl   "The Flight Attendant" on HBO Max - one season/8 episodes

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input!

Trusted Contributor

@JanetsGirl Once Upon a Time in Hollywood w/Brad Pitt, it's a Quentin Tarentino film so sorta violent at points but seeing Brad shirtless on top of Leo's house - so worth it.  Also Little Women, movie about Mr Roger's something to do w/neighborhood.  It also looks like Acorn Tv is free this weekend so any British Shows like MIdsomer Murders, Father Brown, Miss FIsher's Mysteries.  & I've been enjoying Discovery of Witches on AMC plus.