Trusted Contributor

I was so shocked to read this headline. Food network has pulled season 20 of Worst Cooks, airing last year, after the champion is found to be a child murderer. She and her husband adopted a 3 year old and she was found unresponsive with blunt force trauma. So shocking and sad. And to think she just thought she could go on with her life after doing something so horrible. Wow.

Poor, poor little one. R.I.P.

Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately a lot of people think this is okay and go on with their lives. Poor baby. Hope they are prosecuted. 

Honored Contributor

This is the little girl.

Victoria Rose Smith died aged three.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Esteemed Contributor

May that poor little girl RIP .... why would they allow people like that to adopt children? .... I hope they both get a LIFE sentence with no chance of parole.... better yet I hope they get an immediate death sentence..... I get so angry when a child is involved 🌹

Respected Contributor

I remember her from WCA.  She doesn't look like the same person.  I read this article a few days back.  How sad.  I sort of remember her saying that she adopted children or this little girl.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

May that poor little girl RIP .... why would they allow people like that to adopt children? .... I hope they both get a LIFE sentence with no chance of parole.... better yet I hope they get an immediate death sentence..... I get so angry when a child is involved 🌹

@January121 one would have to assume the adoption agency had no idea this horrible tragedy could happen, they wouldn't knowingly let the couple adopt her. Is it that the agency didn't do their due diligence in looking into this couple extensively, I don't know. I hope this little girl rests in peace and hope she gets justice.

Honored Contributor

Terrible news.

Food Network did the right thing.

I liked her, she's the one who said Chef Anne would swoop in with that hair looking like a shark fin.

Esteemed Contributor

If indeed the news is true, I hope a really special place in **** is being prepared.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@January121 one would have to assume the adoption agency had no idea this horrible tragedy could happen, they wouldn't knowingly let the couple adopt her. Is it that the agency didn't do their due diligence in looking into this couple extensively, I don't know. I hope this little girl rests in peace and hope she gets justice.

@Jordan2 

Sadly, our local news has highlighted other stories like this....it seems that Child Protective Services and other Agencies have so many cases and not enough workers  so they can't do the extra due diligence that's needed... they made a lot of changes here to the process, as well as hired more people, but this is still happening.....Some foster kids strictly for the money!!!! One article said that they had welcomed 3 foster children into their home...and the woman had recommended adoption on her social media (which some due after fostering) That poor darling little girl....hope this couple is prosecuted to the MAX!! 😥

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”