Honored Contributor

Wow! Watching Tony bennet:The Library of Congress Gershwin Price

Lots of wonderful singers to honor him but now showing his paintings!

He is a wonderful painter. 

Some hang in the National Musem of Art and there was another museum I forget.He signs them from his birth name Benedetto.

Also Chris Body, trumpet player is playing for those who know him. Even if you don't, you think, who is he?!:heart

Josh Groban, Vanessa Williams, Michael Buble and more.

Its on apublic tv channel 2pm Eastern standard time.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Wow! Watching Tony bennet:The Library of Congress Gershwin Price

I caught some of it whatever night it was on. I love his album Cheek To Cheek with Lady Gaga, wish they had performed together on the show. Love his Duets albums too. 

He is blessed with good health at his age, and he seems like such a nice man.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I saw that too with Lady Gaga, she of course is fabulous and Tony still does sound pretty good. I have to say, I was never a TB fan and no doubt would not be interested in his performance if other artists were not involved.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99-

Lady Gaga wasn't in this one. It was a repeat of this past Friday night.I know the one you are thinking of though. 

I have seen them perform together before and loved watching them but Frank has always been my favoriteSmiley Happy

His voice was surprisingly strong in this and he said out of all the times he has performed all over the world, this was his most special night. Wow. He was so touched and said thank you so much for such a wonderful night.

It something my mother would have loved to watch -she's out watching The Post but I'm really glad I got to see it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

What a fabulous musical talent and visual artist Tony Bennett has been!

I like vintage Tony Bennett, but am so glad he is still doing what he loves so well-- sorry I missed it.

Respected Contributor

I took my mom to see him in concert a couple of years ago. He was amazing. What a voice.