Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wow! Just read where Camille Grammar gets 50% of Kelsey's 401K!

She'll need it to fund her ongoing lawsuit against her fiance, whom she accused of beating her up.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow Camille is engaged to attorney David Meyer (he looks a lot like David Foster to me), not to her ex-boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos who beat her up.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

I'm the 'odd one out' here (again).  I've been watching Frasier back-to-back for two hours each night.  There is a golden thread of brilliant acting running through that series.  ....... 'Still', 'all in all', the 50/50 financial split seems appropriate/legal in their state.  Just about everyone in CA has to abide with the divorce laws there re: division of property, finances, etc.  They were married several years, and 'the law is the law'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

If Camille gets married doesn't the alimony stop.

Esteemed Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow Camille is engaged to attorney David Meyer (he looks a lot like David Foster to me), not to her ex-boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos who beat her up.

I know.

I should've put "ex-fiance."

Honored Contributor

I worked for CA divorce lawyers for years. Of course the alimony stops in every state if the recipient remarries.

However, CA laws states that if a couple is married "X" number of years and then divorces, the spouse is entitled to 50% of the 401. It *used* to be they had to be married for at least 10 years, no idea what it is now or if it has changed.

I thought Frasier was an excellent show as well. I loved Roz!