Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow. Joy Duggar got married today.

@Teddie wrote:

I don't know how anyone would know they were in a "physical relationship." They don't.

I see a lot of false things written about them, including on these forums. 

~~~~~~~

@muttmom @RedTop  

This was not directed at you. I know you were just speculating about what you saw. 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking they may have moved the wedding date up to have material for their tv show. Isn't it pretty much based on them getting married and having kids now? 

Anyhow, just a thought.

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@bewise wrote:

All there life they were took,no slacks,shorts,no kissing,no tuching,but as soon as they get married,then starts all the kids.I personally think,Jinger married a hormal guy,yes a preacher,,but young an not like thr Druggers,thinking,very strange family.

I would never put down anyones beliefs and religion. I admire this family. What a challenge raising children in todays society. I'd much rather have respectful and polite children go out into the world and try to spread their message. Her dress is lovely and they look so much in love. Who am I to badmouth them?  Wow

But do they really go out into the world in a personal way?  I can't say I've seen much of that with this family other than performing on the TV show.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@bewise wrote:

All there life they were took,no slacks,shorts,no kissing,no tuching,but as soon as they get married,then starts all the kids.I personally think,Jinger married a hormal guy,yes a preacher,,but young an not like thr Druggers,thinking,very strange family.

I would never put down anyones beliefs and religion. I admire this family. What a challenge raising children in todays society. I'd much rather have respectful and polite children go out into the world and try to spread their message. Her dress is lovely and they look so much in love. Who am I to badmouth them?  Wow

@ID2

Sorry, but I also find nothing admirable about these people.  

The women are oppressed ....   breeders .....  not really different from other countries where the men hold the upper hand and all the control, and the women have very little in the way of freedom.  (Saudi Arabia comes to mind, but there are many others).    The women are nothing more than pathetic "big children".

Raising children to be polite and respectful is fine, but I think "spreading the message" should be left to the clergy of any religion.   

It's a shame they really aren't being raised for the day when they leave home educated and become productive members of society.   Now THAT would be admirable.

Respected Contributor

The girls are all pretty.  All the husbands have that same sort of dorky way about them.

19 is young.  It does seem someone is always announcing a birth or a pregnancy.

Honored Contributor

Question for anyone who chooses to answer ..... 

Just WHAT is the appeal of the Duggars?  I know a lot of people love to watch anything unusual or strange ..... not unlike just having to stare when passing by a car crash.   Is that it?   

Personally, I find it hard to believe that this is what some consider good entertainment.   Maybe I'm missing something here?

Honored Contributor

As soon as they are old enough they get married to get out of the house and taking care of the younger ones since the mother doesn't.  That family is so strange and I refuse to watch their program and conribute any money to their cause.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

When they get back from their honeymoon, her sisters will bombard her asking if she's pregnant yet. They did that with Jinger. They also also did that with their cousin, Amy Duggar. Amy said when she told them she wasn't, they actually seemed annoyed she wasn't pregnant. Good Grief!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The show imo was interesting at first because of so many kids. They seemed too perfect. That's right, it's scripted reality. Reality stars can rarely hide their secrets, and the public will eventually find out.  I won't be surprised if their pop was on the Ashley site too. After watching for awhile I realized the girls in the family have no roles, besides being a mom. (when they get older) Their dad has a tight leash on his girls, more than his boys.

The kids are never kids, because they are too busy raising their younger siblings. I don't think the parents are really happy. The most positive thing of the girls having their own show, is that they get to keep the money.

Respected Contributor

Anyone see The Duggar's from the beginning? They lived in a small house, some people would drop off bags of clothes, they shopped at Goodwill, sewed their dresses, no makeup & they gave themselves perms. All the girls had the same hair style. Wow, times have changed for them. JimBob got TLC money. Wonder if the kids got paid for the show and put that money into each savings account for each child. Isn't there a law that child paid actors or entertainment children ,they have to put so much away until the child reaches 18?