Respected Contributor

Wow Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake @ CMT awards

What a performance. Country fan or not, it's worth watching on YouTube. 

Wow!

Respected Contributor

Re: Wow Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake @ CMT awards

I loved their performance also.  The host/hostess are awful, so plastic or uncomfortable IMHO.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it was a great performance and I enjoyed the whole show.  Thought Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood did their usual wonderful job as hosts.

Respected Contributor

The end with Reba and Brooks and Dunn was great. I love to hear Ronnie Dunn sing. I still get choked up when I listen to "I Believe". Saw him sing it live twice and it was incredible. 

Honored Contributor

thanks @Reba055 ......that was great!!!! watched it via the rolling stone site.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-chris-stapleton-and-justin-timberlakes-stunning-cma-award...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Reba055  WOW is right! when I saw previews for the show I learned JT was going to be on the show.  Funny, when I turned the channel to check it out, Justin was just coming on and I watched the entire segment.  WOW - what a great duo, fab singing and oh so easy on the eyes those two!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed it too!!!

Respected Contributor

I watched the show, just because Justin was going to be on. I thought it was a good show. Fun & entertaining & tasteful. I just made my husband watch Chris Stapleton & Justin Timberlake. He said he hoped it was the end of the show. Who could follow that? It was only half way through. Reba, Brooks & Dunn were really good, too.

Respected Contributor

The entire 3 hours was amazing!  But JT and Stapleton who i had not seen or heard before last night were beyond incredible!!!! Tennessee Whiskey and I Cant Drink You Away!  Just amazing Bluesy Country.  And the musicians backing them up were phenomenal.    The only weak  link for me was near the end of the show when they did a cheesy commercial bit by plugging eric church's new song Mr Misunderstood which was coincidentally dropped yesterday.  His twangy singing and the song lyrics were bad, or maybe i just dont like that style.  Nevertheless the performance was at the bottom as far as i was concerned and nowhere close to the other performances.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That was definitely the best performance of the night.  I also thought Carrie and Brad were great, once again.

I love the CMAs because it is all about the music and there isn't a lot of silliness or other things going on.  The ACMAs have too much fluff and it gets on my nerves after awhile. I did fall alseep with about 30 minutes left  so I missed the biggest awards being presented and missed Reba.

Although I don't care for Eric Church's new song, I thought the performance of it was good.  However, DH and I both though Zac Brown was horrendous.  It got better about haflway through but it started off super rough and he was way off key. 

I also really disliked Miranda's song but I'm not a huge Miranda fan and was disappointed in her big award. 

Honored Contributor

Loved their duet!!!!

Everyone was on their feet enjoying them!!!!

Big upset also when Chris  won a big award  beating out all those big name singers!

The show went by so fast.

Glad Miranda got a dig in at Blake !!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."