Honored Contributor

Re: Wow Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake @ CMT awards

@cowboy sam wrote:

Loved their duet!!!!

Everyone was on their feet enjoying them!!!!

Big upset also when Chris  won a big award  beating out all those big name singers!

The show went by so fast.

Glad Miranda got a dig in at Blake !!!

@cowboy sam  What did Miranda say about Blake?  I only saw the first hour.  I did see the You Tube video of Justin and Chris, which was great.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Miranda  said thanks for the award after  having   a  rough year.

She looked so sad  and  didn't smile at all.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I heard on the morning news that Gwen relased a Twitter (is that what it's called) and said that she and Blake ARE dating.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was announced before the show that Blake and Gwen were officially dating. I feel that Miranda has known this for a while jmo. But to have it announced just before the show (maybe a few hours,) seems cruel.

My fav was Reba and Brooks and Dunn.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That was definitely the best performance of the night.  I also thought Carrie and Brad were great, once again.

I love the CMAs because it is all about the music and there isn't a lot of silliness or other things going on.  The ACMAs have too much fluff and it gets on my nerves after awhile. I did fall alseep with about 30 minutes left  so I missed the biggest awards being presented and missed Reba.

Although I don't care for Eric Church's new song, I thought the performance of it was good.  However, DH and I both though Zac Brown was horrendous.  It got better about haflway through but it started off super rough and he was way off key. 

I also really disliked Miranda's song but I'm not a huge Miranda fan and was disappointed in her big award. 

@LipstickdivaOh my gosh, I feel just like you. I have never heard Zac Brown sound bad like that. I thought maybe he had a problem hearing the music or something.  Weird. Also, like several Eric Church songs, not the new one.

I'm also not a big Miranda fan.  I've seen her a zillion times.  When she first started out she toured with basically everyone we went to see. Her voice has never been that good to me, but she is much better than she used to be. She has worked hard and paid her dues. She's had some good songs. I like her better with The Pistol Annie's. 

It's a good show as far as award shows go. Lots of performances and no drawn out speeches👍🏼