Respected Contributor

Re: Worst Star War movie ever...ruined the franchise...

@StraytoStay wrote:

I remember hearing many say the franchise was ruined way back when they added JarJar Binks, too! IMO, thought that character was dumb and annoying, not sure if kids liked him?

I don't think anyone liked Jar Jar!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I went to see this movie with my Dad right before Christmas.  I asked him did you think we would be going to see another "Star Wars" 40 years later?Smiley Happy

I liked the original 3 and not crazy about any of the rest.  I did think this one was better than "The Force Awakens."  Mark Hamill was very good.   Adam Driver to me is totally miscast in this part and I think this hurts the movie.  

Honored Contributor

I saw the last movie - was it Rogue One? - and won't see another.  It was full of "dramatic" chase scenes, explosions, and loud noise.  Who likes this stuff?  Special effects artists?  It gave me a headache.

Esteemed Contributor

I only saw the 1st one, have not seen any since.

Valued Contributor

I am a crazy Star Wars Fan and have been for many, many years. My kids buy me Star Wars items for all occasions. I go see the movies two or three times. I am no spring chicken but act like a kid when it comes to Star Wars. I went to see the new movie on opening day. While I still like the Force Awakens better and was a little disappointed in this the Last Jedi, I will go see it again. I also enjoyed Rogue One. I am hoping to be around when they open the Star Wars land in Disneyland. I plan on going to that with my grandson. I told my kids if I am not here take my ashes and scatter them there. Just kidding. There has been a lot of negative reviews and a lot of postive concerning this new movie. I guess it is different strokes for different folks. I can understand both sides though. I won't say some things as it would be spoilers for those who have not seen it. May the Force be with you all in the new year.

Trusted Contributor

My daughter and son-in-law saw it at Christmas and they both thought it was very good. 

Trusted Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Everyone I’ve talked to raved about it.  It also got 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.  You are the first person I’ve heard who has given it a bad review, and based on what critics have said, you are clearly in the minority.

MMM-the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is 51%-clearly not everyone thought it was great...