Trusted Contributor

Re: Worst Star War movie ever...ruined the franchise...

@hopi wrote:

:heart @TenderMercies@Heart  :wrote:

Everyone I’ve talked to raved about it.  It also got 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.  You are the first person I’ve heard who has given it a bad review, and based on what critics have said, you are clearly in the minority.

Rotten Tomatoes as a site,expert and opinion gets about a 30%.

@hopi Rotten Tomatoes is a site that compiles statistics.  They don’t offer any opinion, they just compile other people’s.  In this case, 93%, or 296 out of 319 people who wrote reviews gave the film a positive review.  So yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, yours just happens to be in the minority.  

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

....and the history of the series.   These are the some of comments and worse from family and friends that have gone to the opening.

"They say"  the more trailers and advertisements about a movie the more inferior the movie.  This movie was attached to ever channel on TV and more.

Without any spoilers how did you feel about this release?

I heard it wasn’t the best, but was worth seeing for the last 45 minutes.  I’ve never liked Star Wars, so I don’t really care.   

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Everyone I’ve talked to raved about it.  It also got 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.  You are the first person I’ve heard who has given it a bad review, and based on what critics have said, you are clearly in the minority.

@hopi Rotten Tomatoes is a site that compiles statistics.  They don’t offer any opinion, they just compile other people’s.  In this case, 93%, or 296 out of 319 people who wrote reviews gave the film a positive review.  So yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, yours just happens to be in the minority.  

The minority according to Rotten Tomatoes.

Sites, reviews , opinion venues are skewed.  Corporations make sure their investments are kept in a succesful light if those involved want to keep their jobs.

These sites are to be taken with a grain of a salt.

I have not seen the movie yet as written in my op.

Trusted Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Sites, reviews , opinion venues are skewed.  Corporations make sure their investments are kept in a succesful light if those involved want to keep their jobs.

I'm sorry, but you are uneducated on how this website works.  To say that Rotten Tomatoes is giving an opinion on a movie is like saying that your calculator saying that 2+2=4 is giving you an opinion on math.  The critics, audience members and box office numbers have spoken.  The film is a success in every sense. If your family or friends hated the movie, they are entitled to their opinion, however, they are in the minority and that is a fact.  If you have proof to show that these people are not in the minority, then I'm sure we'd all love to see it.  

Honored Contributor

SW will be on HBO in 3-6 months.  I can wait!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TenderMercies wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@Tender Mercies wrote:

I'm sorry, but you are uneducated on how this website works.  To say that Rotten Tomatoes is giving an opinion on a movie is like saying that your calculator saying that 2+2=4 is giving you an opinion on math.  The critics, audience members and box office numbers have spoken.  The film is a success in every sense. If your family or friends hated the movie, they are entitled to their opinion, however, they are in the minority and that is a fact.  If you have proof to show that these people are not in the minority, then I'm sure we'd all love to see it.  

hopi wrote: 

q

Esteemed Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@hopi wrote:

....and the history of the series.   These are the some of comments and worse from family and friends that have gone to the opening.

"They say"  the more trailers and advertisements about a movie the more inferior the movie.  This movie was attached to ever channel on TV and more.

I heard it wasn’t the best, but was worth seeing for the last 45 minutes.  I’ve never liked Star Wars, so I don’t really care.   

----------------------

Well, hello!!  I thought I was one of very few moviegoers that hated the whole Start Wars category!!  My family and friends are fanatics! Saw the very first one and that was the last.... just not my thing.....

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of this series. I tried, but it just didn't take.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember hearing many say the franchise was ruined way back when they added JarJar Binks, too! IMO, thought that character was dumb and annoying, not sure if kids liked him?

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

I guess its a matter of taste. I haven't seen it yet but my one son loved it and said its the best one yet! I'll be seeing it after the Christmas holiday. 

"Pure Michigan"