Esteemed Contributor

Worst Star War movie ever...ruined the franchise...

....and the history of the series.   These are the some of comments and worse from family and friends that have gone to the opening.

"They say"  the more trailers and advertisements about a movie the more inferior the movie.  This movie was attached to ever channel on TV and more.

Without any spoilers how did you feel about this release?

Honored Contributor

Re: Worst Star War movie ever...ruined the franchise...

It got great reviews from many sources.  I saw the first 3 which were good, the fourth which I thought was terrible and haven't seen any since.  

Esteemed Contributor

My Son thought it was an 8 out of 10  (last one he liked better).  He should be an expert, as he's seen all of them (too many times to count).

Trusted Contributor

Based on the last one, I'm debating not seeing this newest. I thought Rouge One: A Star Wars Story wasn't very good, but I really liked the The Force Awakens a lot.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

....and the history of the series.   These are the some of comments and worse from family and friends that have gone to the opening.

"They say"  the more trailers and advertisements about a movie the more inferior the movie.  This movie was attached to ever channel on TV and more.

Without any spoilers how did you feel about this release?

@hopi

I think this series is highly overrated.   I thought the first one was great, but tried to watch a few others when they came on TV and was unable to watch any of them through to the end.   

IMO ....  it's often the same old, same old .....  throw in a bunch of explosions, chases, and other special effects and that will take the place of a plot and good storyline.  JMO

Trusted Contributor

Everyone I’ve talked to raved about it.  It also got 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.  You are the first person I’ve heard who has given it a bad review, and based on what critics have said, you are clearly in the minority.

Trusted Contributor

I’m on the fence....there were a few scenes that they could have left out....I did expect to be “wowed”, but sadly, I was not. The original 3 will always be my favorite. I did fly to Oregon so I could attend the movie with my son and grandkids, so even though the movie didn’t do much for me.....being with them was priceless.

Honored Contributor

My son loved it.

I would hate it as I have hated every Star Wars movie ever made.  Snoozefest, even with all the noise.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma peteswrote:

I’m on the fence....there were a few scenes that they could have left out....I did expect to be “wowed”, but sadly, I was not. The original 3 will always be my favorite. I did fly to Oregon so I could attend the movie with my son and grandkids, so even though the movie didn’t do much for me.....being with them was priceless.

God  Bless you - I know that feeling - You are an awesome and cool Grandma!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

:heart @TenderMercies@Heart  :wrote:

Everyone I’ve talked to raved about it.  It also got 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.  You are the first person I’ve heard who has given it a bad review, and based on what critics have said, you are clearly in the minority.

Rotten Tomatoes as a site,expert and opinion gets about a 30%.