Esteemed Contributor

World of Dance- anyone watching?

I'm not sure if I missed a thread - I watched it for the first time last night. It seems alright!

I remember in the past, the commericials didn't get me watching. Now, with being home so much, uplifting shows are a must! Wasn't it Jason DeRulo on the panel before Ne-Yo? And do the judges vote the whole time, or does the audience chime in at a certain point?

Honored Contributor

Re: World of Dance- anyone watching?

no

Honored Contributor

I watched the first season, I wasn't crazy about it so I haven't watched since.

Valued Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm not sure if I missed a thread - I watched it for the first time last night. It seems alright!

I remember in the past, the commericials didn't get me watching. Now, with being home so much, uplifting shows are a must! Wasn't it Jason DeRulo on the panel before Ne-Yo? And do the judges vote the whole time, or does the audience chime in at a certain point?

---

I saw an episode or two of the previous season. I am not a fan of team dances and gymnastic-type dancing, so I never became a regular watcher. Nevertheless, I am aware that there are some very good dancers in the competition.

I think Ne-Yo has been there from the beginning. Jason Derulo was a judge on another dance show,  where all the dancers are young and enter the competition as individual dancers. He may still be a judge on that show; I haven't seen it on for a while.

Respected Contributor

No will not be watching this season.

Respected Contributor

I love to dance and I love to watch dancing!  I have faithfully watched this show even though I do not always agree with the judging panel.

The judges do have a lot of knowledge and experience among them, which I appreciate.

Sometimes it is easier just to watch the shows on demand when it is convenient for me because the show is always on later in the evening.

I like that there are different categories based on age and groups versus individuals.  

The group winners last year, The Kings, were over-the-top creative and kept me glued to the screen.

Yes, dancers truly are artists and athletes!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it a lot.  The talent is amazing.  Thought it was cute the way Derek went and consoled that group of guys when they were eliminated.  Everybody's sooo good!  Must be difficult to make cuts.

Respected Contributor

I watched but prefer DWTS as this seems more like gymnastics.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I watched but prefer DWTS as this seems more like gymnastics.

@CLHS68 From the one WOD  episode I saw, I definitely prefer DWTS. I like the camaraderie between dance partners. Any word when it's coming back?

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114  I have not hearf when DWTS will return. I think they had said Fall but with the virus I don't know.