Honored Contributor

Re: World On Fire -- My Opinon

@Jannygaz wrote:

I liked it and see that there will be a Season 2.  That means watching it won'be a waste of time unlike Sanditon.  Of course, filming will be delayed.

I'd rather see a second season of Sanditon.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I had a bit of trouble following it as they jumped from country to country.  But I cannot decide if I like it or not so I will watch the second episode and decide.  I am glad to hear there is a second series planned.  Maybe that means it gets better with the remaining episodes!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I started watching it, but eventually turned it off.  I changed back to PBS for the next show, Children of Windermere.   I thought that documentary was really good.

Honored Contributor

I have seen episodes 2 and 3 and have decided I like it and I'll continue to watch. Looks like it cost a bundle to make this. Glad to see a season #2.

I can't imagine what happened to Helen Hunt. Could just be the way she's aging or a mistake in surgery? Who knows. I don't like her character yet.

Honored Contributor

Helen Hunt is very difficult to look at.  

All I kept seeing was this in the first episode. 

Scream.jpg

May have been the outside lighting.  The show is very dark in terms of lighting (not as bad as Wolf Hall though).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I tried, but it just didn't catch on with me. Boring and too much jumping around making it confusing. I also  have to admit I just wasn't interested in the subject, as I simply don't think another World War II epic was necessary or desirable. Masterpiece and PBS programming in general have been disappointing recently in my opinion.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Helen looks better in this series than she did in the movie I see You, her face was shocking.  I read she doesn't have any fat in her face thus the long, drawn look, difficult to look at.