Honored Contributor

Re: Woopie Goldberg

[ Edited ]

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I never understood what people saw in her "acting".  I, personally, thought she was pretty bad so I've never been a fan.

@shoptilyadropagain 

Whoopi is one of only a handful of people who've been an EGOT winner.  That means she has won Emmy, Grammy , Oscar and Tony Awards.  Big awards, wouldn't you say?

At the beginning of her career, she had a one woman show in San Francisco where she "changed personalities" and did monologues for each character.  People raved about her show, and word got around in the entertainment industry.  Steven Speilberg flew up to see her show, and hired her for The Color Purple.  He was quoted as saying Whoopi was one of the most talented people he'd ever seen on stage.    

So, obviously, some people can recognize talent when they see it.

Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr  I refuse to watch her toxic hate filled speech. There is way too much hatefullness in the world without this network continuing to run this garbage.

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I simply cannot stand her.

That makes two of us !!!!!

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Another celebrity who's 'laughing all the way to the bank'.

Um, I have a sister that's laughing all the way to the bank and she's not an actor......

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@qualitygal IMO she was the only good thing in the movie "Ghost"! And loved Sister Act. I don't watch her on any talk shows and don't pay much attention to what she says or thinks!

She was amazing in that movie but the others did kind of do their job well.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover How were you "sickened and horrified"?

I'd really like to know what she did to make you feel that way.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I never understood what people saw in her "acting".  I, personally, thought she was pretty bad so I've never been a fan.

@shoptilyadropagain 

Whoopi is one of only a handful of people who've been an EGOT winner.  That means she has won Emmy, Grammy , Oscar and Tony Awards.  Big awards, wouldn't you say?

At the beginning of her career, she had a one woman show in San Francisco where she "changed personalities" and did monologues for each character.  People raved about her show, and word got around in the entertainment industry.  Steven Speilberg flew up to see her show, and hired her for The Color Purple.  He was quoted as saying Whoopi was one of the most talented people he'd ever seen on stage.    

So, obviously, some people can recognize talent when they see it.

@Tinkrbl44   I don't care what award she's won, I don't care for her as an actress and I'm not the only one!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

@on the bay What sickened me was the hypocrisy. For someone who claims to be all about social justice, her behavior was a shameless example of a petty tyrant. When you see someone obviously getting pleasure out of publicly humilating people, it does turn your stomach.

Esteemed Contributor

@sann wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I simply cannot stand her.

That makes two of us !!!!!

That makes 3 of us  !!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ tinkrbl44. she should stick to acting then !!!!