Respected Contributor

i have always like her movies, but once she became a political know-it-all, she became unwatchable, in any form.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she's smart and knowledgeable.  I never thought she was funny eg: a comedienne...  I like her on the View because she knows how to keep the others in line and keeps them from talking over each other.  Otherwise, I can do without her.....  JMO

I also think Sarah Haines is bright but I can't stand her voice.  It's very grating on my nerves.  I have to lower the sound when she speaks - but she knows what she's talking about.... I love Joy - always have.  

Esteemed Contributor

I feel I was better off when I just watched the Hollywood  , and actresses , actors and didn't know a thing about them or there views in particular ,  and especially there political leanings.    Now I find it hard to watch movies with actors I just don't agree with .    I guess the old saying "ignorance is bliss" applies here 😉Can't watch Whoopie plan and simple.    I don't like anyone on the view and will leave it there 😺

Regular Contributor

Why does any actress think that their personal opinions are of any interest to me?

Honored Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

Why does any actress think that their personal opinions are of any interest to me?

@Cwoldie  Why does anyone think their personal opinions are of any interest to anyone? Think about it. 

Valued Contributor

I'm not impressed by any movie star or whatever you want to call them. All I want them to do is act I don't want to hear their opinions on anything. Just stick to the acting.

Honored Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

i am interested in what people have to say and i dont care what profession they are in........even if i dont agree with some, i still listen.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

Obviously ABC does.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Indra wrote:

Isn't it wonderful that in this country, even if you're actress, you can have a voice.  Anyway, I've always enjoyed and admired Whoopi Goldberg's work both on and off screen.  I knew when I saw her one-woman show on Broadway at an early age, that this woman would be an iconic talent.

@Indra 

i admire everything about whoopi......both on and off the screen. she has an incredible talent , great work ethic, AND she is so intelligent in so many ways.

@sunshine45    @Indra

What I like about her is that she's not only very bright, but she has a much higher level of common sense than most people.  So what if you don't agree with everything she says ....    People who run away from differing opinions never learn anything.

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

i have always like her movies, but once she became a political know-it-all, she became unwatchable, in any form.

@10sluvr 

She's not even close to a political "know it all" but she does think before she speaks.  Nothing wrong with that, and more people should try it.