Honored Contributor

See an add for her in The Stand.  Limited series now streaming.  CBS all access it says.  I want to look up and see how old she is now.  I've enjoyed her acting in every movie of hers I've ever seen.  

Now I'll have to check this out.  

Esteemed Contributor

she should stick to acting

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I agree!

Super Contributor

Isn't it wonderful that in this country, even if you're actress, you can have a voice.  Anyway, I've always enjoyed and admired Whoopi Goldberg's work both on and off screen.  I knew when I saw her one-woman show on Broadway at an early age, that this woman would be an iconic talent.

Esteemed Contributor

Great actress.

Real life, not so much.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Indra wrote:

Isn't it wonderful that in this country, even if you're actress, you can have a voice.  Anyway, I've always enjoyed and admired Whoopi Goldberg's work both on and off screen.  I knew when I saw her one-woman show on Broadway at an early age, that this woman would be an iconic talent.

@Indra 

i admire everything about whoopi......both on and off the screen. she has an incredible talent , great work ethic, AND she is so intelligent in so many ways.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The Stand is an excellent book, love Steven KIng .  The first Stand series on TV was a good one and I'm sure this second remake will also be a good watch.  However, I do feel King's books are better than the  TV series.

I loved Whoopie in Sister Act one and two, light comedy and fun.  I am sure her role in the Stand will be as good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woopie Goldberg

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

Oh, she's great at that, too ... as well as intelligent, thought-provoking, and does her job well. 

Honored Contributor

Another celebrity who's 'laughing all the way to the bank'.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal IMO she was the only good thing in the movie "Ghost"! And loved Sister Act. I don't watch her on any talk shows and don't pay much attention to what she says or thinks!