Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Flika13 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't think she's as bright as some believe. Her misinformation over the smallest of things is remarkable. But she's never challenged or corrected. She'll state something as fact, when it's not. I had to give up on the show years ago. It seemed there were days when she'd be unable to articulate two complete sentences. Was she in a perpetual 420 loop? 

Wasn't she the one who said Jill Biden should be surgeon general. Guess it doesn't matter that she's not that kind of doctor. 

@Lali1 

yes, she said that back in march 2020. she thought that dr biden had a medical degree rather than a PHD. she was told that she was wrong and quickly corrected her mistake within a few minutes.

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't think she's as bright as some believe. Her misinformation over the smallest of things is remarkable. But she's never challenged or corrected. She'll state something as fact, when it's not. I had to give up on the show years ago. It seemed there were days when she'd be unable to articulate two complete sentences. Was she in a perpetual 420 loop? 

Wasn't she the one who said Jill Biden should be surgeon general. Guess it doesn't matter that she's not that kind of doctor. 

@Lali1 

yes, she said that back in march 2020. she thought that dr biden had a medical degree rather than a PHD. she was told that she was wrong and quickly corrected her mistake within a few minutes.

@prettychris WOW.  I would love to be able to say whatever I wanted and then go back and correct it without any repercussions. Does that work for anyone?

It depends on who you are I suppose some people never get push back. It's not that she was wrong about what kind of doctor she was that bothers me. It's that she had zero knowledge of her work yet she wanted her to be in such a position. In government you'd think we would all want capable people in jobs not just liked people. 

@Lali1 

download (2).jpg

The facts should be checked before one opens their mouth....and too many corrections for this show for me...and some are done the next day too after viewer comments .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Woopie Goldberg

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Flika13 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Lali1 

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Lali1 

@prettychris WOW.  I would love to be able to say whatever I wanted and then go back and correct it without any repercussions. Does that work for anyone?

repercussions from a mistake? did she purposefully lie? did it harm anyone when she said it? she acknowledged her mistake immediately, apologized, and moved on...... and yes, it can work that way for anyone.

There have been some corrections the next day over inaccurate,  offensive and insulting remarks directed at some...so they did do "harm" .... JMHO.....(Im talking about one of many incidents from JB---let's see she insulted nurses, Rachel Uchitel, people's faith,and she's insulted other co-hosts on the show too, then there's the inaccuracy--- the premature celebration for the Michael Flynn "investigation", called women abused by Clinton  "tramps" and sorry but antifa does exist 🙄)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I find it quite amusing that just because they are entertainers in movies, comedy, or have been tv hosts...(thinking of not only Whoopi but Joy B as well) they have all the answers on what's right and wrong with the country and the world......😄😄🤣🤣

@Spurt 

I don't think they have all the answers, but they certainly are able to engage and debate various points between commercial breaks. 

Commenting on what's happening in the world gives them an opportunity to make a few wisecracks here and there, and the mix is just about right.   It's extremely hard to have an on-air conversation for an hour and keep the at-home audience interested.   

As far as changing any of the hosts, they could do SO much better than Meghan.  The conservative viewpoint is really important, but Meghan's personality is all wrong for this type of show.  JMO, of course. 

@Tinkrbl44 

Its fine to have some good conversation, but they need to make sure they know their topic. When some have had to apologize for some of the comments they have made thats NOT good conversation.... Meghan isnt the only one that should be replaced JMHO (and Im not talking about Whoopi either and that's all I'm gonna say...)

A very Joyless person 😀 I just don't watch they are so hateful and angry. Why anyone wants to watch that is beyond me. 

@Lali1   @Spurt 

Hateful and angry?   I think we're watching two different shows.  Yes, the hosts can be sarcastic, funny, and sometimes they call out stupid people in the news.  So what?  They aren't newscasters or serious journalists.

I agree it's always important to have the facts, but the gals on the View certainly aren't the only TV hosts that make mistakes.  Letterman, Leno, and all that came afterwards, as well as the gals on the Talk and all the other talk shows  .... they ALL make mistakes or mis-speak.   Corrections are made and they move on.   No biggie.

Talk shows are entertainment.   Even all the morning shows on various networks get it wrong sometimes.  NO ONE gets it right 100% of the time, but it doesn't make any of them bad people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I find it quite amusing that just because they are entertainers in movies, comedy, or have been tv hosts...(thinking of not only Whoopi but Joy B as well) they have all the answers on what's right and wrong with the country and the world......😄😄🤣🤣

@Spurt 

I don't think they have all the answers, but they certainly are able to engage and debate various points between commercial breaks. 

Commenting on what's happening in the world gives them an opportunity to make a few wisecracks here and there, and the mix is just about right.   It's extremely hard to have an on-air conversation for an hour and keep the at-home audience interested.   

As far as changing any of the hosts, they could do SO much better than Meghan.  The conservative viewpoint is really important, but Meghan's personality is all wrong for this type of show.  JMO, of course. 

@Tinkrbl44 

Its fine to have some good conversation, but they need to make sure they know their topic. When some have had to apologize for some of the comments they have made thats NOT good conversation.... Meghan isnt the only one that should be replaced JMHO (and Im not talking about Whoopi either and that's all I'm gonna say...)

A very Joyless person 😀 I just don't watch they are so hateful and angry. Why anyone wants to watch that is beyond me. 

@Lali1   @Spurt 

Hateful and angry?   I think we're watching two different shows.  Yes, the hosts can be sarcastic, funny, and sometimes they call out stupid people in the news.  So what?  They aren't newscasters or serious journalists.

I agree it's always important to have the facts, but the gals on the View certainly aren't the only TV hosts that make mistakes.  Letterman, Leno, and all that came afterwards, as well as the gals on the Talk and all the other talk shows  .... they ALL make mistakes or mis-speak.   Corrections are made and they move on.   No biggie.

Talk shows are entertainment.   Even all the morning shows on various networks get it wrong sometimes.  NO ONE gets it right 100% of the time, but it doesn't make any of them bad people.

@Tinkrbl44 

It would be one thing if this show was just giving opinions on the entertainment field--- movies, TV shows, books----OR technology, business,or conducted interviews with social media "influencers" etc....BUT it's NOT entertainment when one ventures into serious discussions on politics and important issues then the show participants have a responsibility to do the behind the scenes research and homework on the topics in order to know what they are talking about and also have a responsibility to give accurate and factual information....

Also an opinion should allow others to agree to disagree without being insulted ---And an "I'm sorry" just doesnt make up for something that was inaccurate, offensive or insulting in the first place.  Also, the corrections and "I apologize" is happening way too frequently and has a track record with this show.....And I found most of the "apologizes" forced by the network and insincere....Comedians doing a monologue and include  current topics isnt the same as having a serious discussion on the issues....

There's no anger involved on my part, as Sergeant Friday used to DO on Dragnet, "just presenting some facts".  And I'll find a show thats more worthy of my time, I just dont like misinformation to be spread around--what if people didnt watch the next day to hear the "correction" and so they in turn spread inaccurate information.....  I guess the bottom line is we can just agree to disagree about this show, and in particular Joy B.... Peace! Have a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt 

@Tinkrbl44 

@Lali1   @Spurt 

@Tinkrbl44 

It would be one thing if this show was just giving opinions on the entertainment field--- movies, TV shows, books----OR technology, business,or conducted interviews with social media "influencers" etc....BUT it's NOT entertainment when one ventures into serious discussions on politics and important issues then the show participants have a responsibility to do the behind the scenes research and homework on the topics in order to know what they are talking about and also have a responsibility to give accurate and factual information....

Also an opinion should allow others to agree to disagree without being insulted ---And an "I'm sorry" just doesnt make up for something that was inaccurate, offensive or insulting in the first place.  Also, the corrections and "I apologize" is happening way too frequently and has a track record with this show.....And I found most of the "apologizes" forced by the network and insincere....Comedians doing a monologue and include  current topics isnt the same as having a serious discussion on the issues....

There's no anger involved on my part, as Sergeant Friday used to DO on Dragnet, "just presenting some facts".  And I'll find a show thats more worthy of my time, I just dont like misinformation to be spread around--what if people didnt watch the next day to hear the "correction" and so they in turn spread inaccurate information.....  I guess the bottom line is we can just agree to disagree about this show, and in particular Joy B.... Peace! Have a good weekend!

The biggest issue I see is that young women watch this show and probably only get their news tidbits from it and maybe morning shows. So they're filling their heads full of nonsense because clearly it's all about how they feel with no actual facts. Feelings without considering anything more than feelings is harmful. If I went by my feelings alone I would stop paying my bills and help every animal and child charity there is, The world doesn't run on feelings alone, 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I don't disagree with your points, but any talk show is conversation, not strictly scripted, so conversations often meander all over the place.   

If anyone thinks a talk show is a good source for news, well, I don't know what to say.  People also get news information from Facebook and Twitter, I'm told, and I think that's also rather ridiculous, but with each successive generation, things are being dumbed-down even more.   

It still annoys me greatly that most schools no longer teach cursive writing, but that's another thread for another day.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt 

@Tinkrbl44 

@Lali1   @Spurt 

@Tinkrbl44 

The biggest issue I see is that young women watch this show and probably only get their news tidbits from it and maybe morning shows. So they're filling their heads full of nonsense because clearly it's all about how they feel with no actual facts. Feelings without considering anything more than feelings is harmful. If I went by my feelings alone I would stop paying my bills and help every animal and child charity there is, The world doesn't run on feelings alone, 

@Lali1 

Well stated! I share the same sentiment!  

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt 

@Tinkrbl44 

@Lali1   @Spurt 

@Tinkrbl44 

@Lali1 

Your comment surprised me a little, so I have to ask .....  where did you get the idea that "young women probably only get their information from talk shows and morning shows"?   Who are these young women .... stay at home moms?   Was this a national poll of some sort?  

I ask you this because most of the young women I personally know have jobs and no time for ANY talk shows.   I was under the impression that the younger generations watch very few talk shows.   Maybe your source for this says otherwise?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Many young women are busy they have no time for news. This is where they get their info. My source is personal experience. When I was that age and many young women I know. They don't sit around watching and reading news sources. It's common sense,