Honored Contributor

Re: Woopie Goldberg

[ Edited ]

@Zaimee wrote:

@Spurt @You also can include singers and those in sports.

Many unlikely people have run and even been elected to state and city government leaders, Congress, and even...president

Clint Eastwood, Sonny Bono, Clay Aiken, Jesse Ventura, Bill Bradley, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kanye West,Cynthia Nixon are just a few. Not to mention 2 in the entertainment business who went on to became president. Who would have thought that?

JMHO---Its more of a reflection on the voters and whether they were just enamored with "celebrity" which some follow like piped pipers, or perhaps viewed their vote as a joke or thought these entertainers were better than "career politicos" that were on the ballot.......Jesse Ventura, Sonny Bono, Cynthia Nixon Kanye West and Arnold..certainly not "saviors" of the republic 🤣 It goes back to knowledge and qualifications for the job...and some entertainers had to apologize for the remarks they've made that were inaccurate...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zaimee wrote:

Many unlikely people have run and even been elected to state and city government leaders, Congress, and even...president

Clint Eastwood, Sonny Bono, Clay Aiken, Jesse Ventura, Bill Bradley, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kanye West,Cynthia Nixon are just a few. Not to mention 2 in the entertainment business who went on to became president. Who would have thought that?

They are AMERICAN CITIZENS, right?  Of course they can run for office if they choose.  They can chew gum, while riding a bike too.  This is America.  Just because someone makes a living in the "entertainment industry" doesn't mean they don't have opinions.  Where do people get the notion that to say this is ok that these people have no right to an opinion about the country they live in?    This is not a dictatorship.  Thank goodness for that!

If I can change careers, so can they.  If they want three jobs, The U.S. holds NO laws against them having three unless they present a conflict of interest.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset 

Yes, my point exactly. We agree.

My response was  to @Spurtand her comment#119.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

Yes, my point exactly. We agree.

My response was  to @Spurtand her comment.

Thank you @Zaimee !

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Frequent Contributor
Agreed
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I find it quite amusing that just because they are entertainers in movies, comedy, or have been tv hosts...(thinking of not only Whoopi but Joy B as well) they have all the answers on what's right and wrong with the country and the world......😄😄🤣🤣

@Spurt 

I don't think they have all the answers, but they certainly are able to engage and debate various points between commercial breaks. 

Commenting on what's happening in the world gives them an opportunity to make a few wisecracks here and there, and the mix is just about right.   It's extremely hard to have an on-air conversation for an hour and keep the at-home audience interested.   

As far as changing any of the hosts, they could do SO much better than Meghan.  The conservative viewpoint is really important, but Meghan's personality is all wrong for this type of show.  JMO, of course. 

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

@Zaimee 

When did Kanye West hold public office?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I find it quite amusing that just because they are entertainers in movies, comedy, or have been tv hosts...(thinking of not only Whoopi but Joy B as well) they have all the answers on what's right and wrong with the country and the world......😄😄🤣🤣

@Spurt 

I don't think they have all the answers, but they certainly are able to engage and debate various points between commercial breaks. 

Commenting on what's happening in the world gives them an opportunity to make a few wisecracks here and there, and the mix is just about right.   It's extremely hard to have an on-air conversation for an hour and keep the at-home audience interested.   

As far as changing any of the hosts, they could do SO much better than Meghan.  The conservative viewpoint is really important, but Meghan's personality is all wrong for this type of show.  JMO, of course. 

@Tinkrbl44 

Its fine to have some good conversation, but they need to make sure they know their topic. When some have had to apologize for some of the comments they have made thats NOT good conversation.... Meghan isnt the only one that should be replaced JMHO (and Im not talking about Whoopi either and that's all I'm gonna say...)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt 

@Tinkrbl44 

Its fine to have some good conversation, but they need to make sure they know their topic. When some have had to apologize for some of the comments they have made thats NOT good conversation.... Meghan isnt the only one that should be replaced JMHO (and Im not talking about Whoopi either and that's all I'm gonna say...)

A very Joyless person 😀 I just don't watch they are so hateful and angry. Why anyone wants to watch that is beyond me. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate