Super Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't think she's as bright as some believe. Her misinformation over the smallest of things is remarkable. But she's never challenged or corrected. She'll state something as fact, when it's not. I had to give up on the show years ago. It seemed there were days when she'd be unable to articulate two complete sentences. Was she in a perpetual 420 loop? 

Wasn't she the one who said Jill Biden should be surgeon general. Guess it doesn't matter that she's not that kind of doctor. 

@Lali1 

yes, she said that back in march 2020. she thought that dr biden had a medical degree rather than a PHD. she was told that she was wrong and quickly corrected her mistake within a few minutes.

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't think she's as bright as some believe. Her misinformation over the smallest of things is remarkable. But she's never challenged or corrected. She'll state something as fact, when it's not. I had to give up on the show years ago. It seemed there were days when she'd be unable to articulate two complete sentences. Was she in a perpetual 420 loop? 

Wasn't she the one who said Jill Biden should be surgeon general. Guess it doesn't matter that she's not that kind of doctor. 

@Lali1 

yes, she said that back in march 2020. she thought that dr biden had a medical degree rather than a PHD. she was told that she was wrong and quickly corrected her mistake within a few minutes.

@prettychris WOW.  I would love to be able to say whatever I wanted and then go back and correct it without any repercussions. Does that work for anyone?

Respected Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Lali1 

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Lali1 

@prettychris WOW.  I would love to be able to say whatever I wanted and then go back and correct it without any repercussions. Does that work for anyone?

It depends on who you are I suppose some people never get push back. It's not that she was wrong about what kind of doctor she was that bothers me. It's that she had zero knowledge of her work yet she wanted her to be in such a position. In government you'd think we would all want capable people in jobs not just liked people. 

Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Lali1 

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Lali1 

repercussions from a mistake? did she purposefully lie? did it harm anyone when she said it? she acknowledged her mistake immediately, apologized, and moved on...... and yes, it can work that way for anyone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

UH, no it can’t work for anyone.  If I yell “Fire “in a public place, and then a few minutes later say oh sorry there is no fire  i’m going to be in a lot of trouble!     I can’t imagine what this world would be like if people could say whatever they wanted knowing that they could  just say,  sorry I was wrong.   

Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

UH, no it can’t work for anyone.  If I yell “Fire “in a public place, and then a few minutes later say oh sorry there is no fire  i’m going to be in a lot of trouble!     I can’t imagine what this world would be like if people could say whatever they wanted knowing that they could  just say,  sorry I was wrong.   

apples and oranges......she did not yell FIRE and this is not even the equivalent of doing that.....not even close...... at least it isnt in MY book.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  If you read through the posts you would have seen that I said I witnessed FIRST HAND her behavior while she was filming Sister Act in Reno many years ago.

Super Contributor

repercussions from a mistake? did she purposefully lie? did it harm anyone when she said it? she acknowledged her mistake immediately, apologized, and moved on...... and yes, it can work that way for anyone.

I am not comparing what woopie said to yelling fire.   You said as long as someone acknowledged their mistake  it was OK.  I am merely pointing out that you cannot say anything you want and then think apoligizing for being wrong is OK.  Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Someone who has been in the public eye for many years should know the facts before they speak. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I feel I was better off when I just watched the Hollywood  , and actresses , actors and didn't know a thing about them or there views in particular ,  and especially there political leanings.    Now I find it hard to watch movies with actors I just don't agree with .    I guess the old saying "ignorance is bliss" applies here 😉Can't watch Whoopie plan and simple.    I don't like anyone on the view and will leave it there 😺

@Kitty Galore Is this what people mean by "cancel culture"?

Hollywood actresses and actors are just people.  They like expressing themselves just like you do.  I have no difficulty separating performance art from opinion, unless the performance is a reflection of the opinion, of course.

Whoopi has always been an extremely versatile actress, with a big range of genres (Star Trek, Color Purple, Ghost, Sister Act).

When one shuts out people whose opinions are different than theirs, they miss out on learning and understanding, and in this case, a great talent. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

Why does any actress think that their personal opinions are of any interest to me?

I don't think they expect you to listen.  It is not about you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

I'm not impressed by any movie star or whatever you want to call them. All I want them to do is act I don't want to hear their opinions on anything. Just stick to the acting.

Yes, and they probably don't want to hear your opinion either.  They probably want you to stick to whatever it is you do.

JMO.