Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,276
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Woopie Goldberg

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I feel I was better off when I just watched the Hollywood  , and actresses , actors and didn't know a thing about them or there views in particular ,  and especially there political leanings.    Now I find it hard to watch movies with actors I just don't agree with .    I guess the old saying "ignorance is bliss" applies here 😉Can't watch Whoopie plan and simple.    I don't like anyone on the view and will leave it there 😺


 

@Kitty Galore    @KACEE1115

 

 

Seriously?   Why would it even matter? 

 

LOTS of people have different opinions than you have.  So what?   Every time you consider a different opinion, you learn something about yourself.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 791
Registered: ‎08-24-2011

@tends2dogs "Real life, not so much". I can attest to that. Many years ago I happened to be in a casino in Reno where she was filming "Sister Act", and I was sickened and horrified by her abusive, arrogant behavior toward the crew working on the movie. Nightmare of a person.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,971
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I simply cannot stand her.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,849
Registered: ‎06-16-2015

@tends2dogs wrote:

Great actress.

 

Real life, not so much.


???????

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,849
Registered: ‎06-16-2015

@spiderw wrote:

The Stand is an excellent book, love Steven KIng .  The first Stand series on TV was a good one and I'm sure this second remake will also be a good watch.  However, I do feel King's books are better than the  TV series.

 

I loved Whoopie in Sister Act one and two, light comedy and fun.  I am sure her role in the Stand will be as good.


She was unforgettable in The Color Purple.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,378
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Years ago I used to enjoy watching Woopie in movies & on the air however,  today I don’t like her at all especially on the View with all those other horrible women ... that show needs to be cancelled 🙃

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,263
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@January121 wrote:

Years ago I used to enjoy watching Woopie in movies & on the air however,  today I don’t like her at all especially on the View with all those other horrible women ... that show needs to be cancelled 🙃


You don't like them and you want them to lose their jobs and *they* are horrible?  Do you even hear yourself? 

 

People who dislike the show don't have to turn it on.  Simple as that.  They then aren't bothered, the panel gets to keep working and others can enjoy it.  

 

I'd like to watch the movie.  My husband recently downloaded the book, I'd read it decades ago.  Whoopi is a consummate professional.  She has admitted to getting irate at people who weren't holding up their end of professionalism on set.  That was when they were discussing Tom Cruise's recent outburst at his crew.  Especially if you are putting any of your own money on the line, you expect others to show up and everyone work together. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 996
Registered: ‎01-04-2014

I don't think she's as bright as some believe. Her misinformation over the smallest of things is remarkable. But she's never challenged or corrected. She'll state something as fact, when it's not. I had to give up on the show years ago. It seemed there were days when she'd be unable to articulate two complete sentences. Was she in a perpetual 420 loop? 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,669
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

I've seen much of her screen work and don't find her to be a particularly accomplished  actress.

 

The most potent and powerful performance in "The Color Purple " was given by Ms. Winfrey,  in my opinion. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 788
Registered: ‎05-01-2020

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't think she's as bright as some believe. Her misinformation over the smallest of things is remarkable. But she's never challenged or corrected. She'll state something as fact, when it's not. I had to give up on the show years ago. It seemed there were days when she'd be unable to articulate two complete sentences. Was she in a perpetual 420 loop? 


To your point - I also gave up on the show years ago but before doing so, I heard her state something to a guest that I knew was untrue. The guest corrected her because she also knew it was untrue but Whoopi *still* wouldn't acknowledge she was mistaken.