Honored Contributor

Wonder if this year, I'll try to watch Tim Burton's scarecrow movie. ????

[ Edited ]

I guess it's around Halloween time.  The previews use to make me vote no on it. But, it makes me think that if it's more than I know, to give it a chance.  I'll have to read up on it as soon as I remember the title of the movie.  It has those bones people moving around. If you know what I mean, maybe ....I'll Google it.  Or even try IMBD. Thanks.

It's The Nightmere before Christmas.  Read about it, not sold on it.

Anyone, is it worth seeing to you?  Did you enjoy it? Etc.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wonder if this year, I'll try to watch Tim Burton's scarecrow movie. ????

@qualitygal  The Nightmare Before Christmas is about the adventures of Jack Skellington, Halloweentown's beloved pumpkin king, who becomes bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the "real world." When Jack accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he longs to spread the joy of Christmas. But his merry mission puts Santa in jeopardy and creates a nightmare for good little boys and girls everywhere!  He plots to control Christmas by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over his role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of skeleton men can go seriously wrong.   

I didn't find it "scary".  It's stop action not "cartoon".  Plenty of people do enjoy it.  I understand that just the idea of mixing Halloween theme with Christmas theme would not appeal to certain people and that's fine.  Dont watch it if this disturbs you.  Tim Burton movies touch on dark themes.   There are those that will judge it based on the pictures alone.   There's a movie for everyone out there.  But I enjoyed it.   Again it's not for everyone.  Spoiler - it does have a happy ending.  But it does mix Halloween themes (monsters etc) with Christmas (Santa, presents etc).  Not for everyone, but Tim Burton's other movies are not for everyone either.  He does gothic fantasy and horror films such as Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Frankenweenie.  If any of those didn't appeal to you than this probably wouldn't either.  

Honored Contributor

@eadu4  Thank you dear heart, exactly what I wanted to read, to know.  May not be my cup of tea, so to speak.  

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal  Glad I could help.  Tim Burton movies are definitely one of a kind and not for everyone.  :-)  But I'm not a Hallmark movie kinda person, so I usually will try one of kind or different.  

Valued Contributor

It is a movie about a "person" disgruntled with his job and thinks someone else has it better.  

Valued Contributor

We bought that movie years and years ago (it was on vhs) and we watched it once and then I donated it. We were all bored to tears. It was definitely not what we expected. I can't remember a thing about it except for that.

Respected Contributor

Is it The Corpse Bride you're thinking of?  There's more Skeletons in that one than Nightmare before Christmas.   Though I love Sally and Jack,  I think I like this one better. 

Honored Contributor

I love Nightmare Before Christmas and watch it every year! It’s not scary.