Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags Early in the thread @MENTL posted that she went to school with Lynda Carter and acted in plays with her. So that's why she shared her yearbook photo.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I saw it yesterday and throughly enjoyed it. So glad that little girls have a strong and kind superhero. Now let's teach them about some real life strong women like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Rosa Parks. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing this.  There are several summer movies I'm anxious to see.

I'm not one to vote or do something just because a person is a female.  I believe to do that takes away from what they've achieved....however, I am happy a woman directed this movie because I'm hoping it will help other female directors in their quest to break into the directing business on their own merits, not because they are females.  Sometimes people's eyes have to be opened and THEN they see what's before them.  I'm not explaining myself very well, but I think you guys understand what I'm trying to convey....I hope so, you guys are smart...

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@shoesnbags Early in the thread @MENTL posted that she went to school with Lynda Carter and acted in plays with her. So that's why she shared her yearbook photo.

Thank you, @Greeneyedlady21.  I just went back and looked to see how I missed that and she said that 13 days before she actually posted the picture of Lynda Carter.  So I assumed that she was talking about Gal Gadot, who we had all been discussing for over a week.  My mistake, and I appreciate the correction! Heart

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

It's really amazing what computers can do. She is basically with very little muscle but does indeed make a great Wonder Woman.

'Sleepless night': Gal Gadot looks beautifully made up in her hit film Wonder Woman. But this weekend the star showed off a different side as she went fresh faced on Instagram

'#therealwonderwoman': Yaron Varsano's posed on Instagram in a T-shirt indicating his pride in his wife Gadot, who's starred in the new smash hit movie Wonder Woman

Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder Woman

[ Edited ]

I've read that she gained about 15, 17 lbs of muscle working out. I'm sure that probably was enhanced, and maybe she had a stunt double who was very muscular.

So naturally beautiful even in that no makeup shot. I read an article about the specific makeup used on her in the movie-it was Smashbox, Stila, Perricone, and a Chanel product. Allure has the article if anyone's interested. The Stila blush is called Lillium, can be used as a lip color too. I ordered it.

I love her husband's shirt, apparently it went viral. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I just read that Gal Gadot was pregnant during much of the filming doing reshoots while 5 months pregnant. Truly impressive.

Trusted Contributor

Finally, I saw Wonder Woman today, with my GS and GD.  We have wanted to see this since it came out, but our schedules would always be conflicting.  We really liked it.

Honored Contributor

I'm always lagging behind in seeing current movies, but was glad to find this thread, because we just saw it this afternoon.

What fun.  I love Gal Gadot-- she is perfect casting as the idealistic "Diana Prince".  Completely convincing.  I imagine anyone who has trained as an Israeli soldier has an added advantage in a role like thisl

And Chris Pine, who I've seen in some other things, has come into his own.  He almost has the look of a young Brad Pitt, which at first put me off a bit.  But, he too was great as a very American hero, impetuous and smart.  I also loved his slightly daffy but adroit secretary, Etta.

Of course the script had some anachronisms-- a lot of the slang and catch phrases were wrong for the period.  I will never get over modern Hollywood's disregard for language compatible with the time frame of a film....

Lovely costumes, interesting sets.   As for the action, my eyes were lowered for a good bit of it.  My teenager loved it though. 

Respected Contributor

This movie got so much positive press that I pre-ordered it on iTunes.  I started watching it yesterday and have yet to finish it.  I'm finding it quite boring.  I wish I had rented it instead of buying it.