Respected Contributor

Re: Woman Who Allegedly Was Trafficked to Prince Andrew On Dateline Tonight

@esmerelda wrote:

@bathina You believe all of them. And you think none of them had any responsibility for anything. I suspect you’re a little too close a situation like this...personally or by extension...to be objective.

First I want to say I believe her.  She not only has her story but an investigation that backs it up even if nothing comes of it.  All of those young women sitting together, I believe them, they certainly didn't create stories together that meshed from nothing.

That said, @esmerelda , I'm a little surprised you will tell bathina what she believes and thinks, and deduce in your suspicious mind she is not objective due to possible some personal knowledge or experience, from that.  That's some magical flight of imagination there.  My point in saying that:  By that same token, one could deduce that people who suspect so-called victim stories because they waited years to tell, may doubt young girls who tell later on because they for years have protected one or more family sex offenders from discovery or simply refused to believe their son/brother/father could do such a thing.

We can get that crazy making wild suppositions based on knowing nothing in reality about one another here.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I won't be watching, there will be those who will be for and against her. Too many unanswered questions went to the grave with Jeffrey Epstein. I don't believe that we'll ever know the truth concerning Prince Andrew.

@JaneMarple   I have to agree with you . Unfortunately we won't ever really know the extend of all that happened or who was involved.

Trusted Contributor

I watched the Dateline episode. I believe her and the other young ladies. 

The former Palm Beach police chief stated it was the worst failure of justice. 

He believed them and worked hard to bring justice for the victims. Epstein told the victims he owned the Palm Beach police. That is one way abusers scare victims into silence. 

A person does not have to be a victim of abuse of any kind to believe a person who comes forward no a matter how many years later. Things are different now people may feel somewhat safe now by speaking up. Only recently have so many victims have had a voice where people will listen and believe them and try to help. 

I hope someday they will will have some kind of justice and some peace. 

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Seventeen years old is a child. Children who have been molested bear no responsibility for their molestation. Dispicable, evil thinking.

@bathina If she had been “given the world” as promised, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

She was molested by an old man and pimped out to his creepy friends. The adults using these teens are criminals, not the kids. And there was never going to be the "world", that was all a lie to manipulate teenagers into sexual situations. Because that's what predators do.

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I, for one, admit I cannot be "objective" when I hear of powerful, grown-a-- men palling around with teenaged girls.  

Thank you. It is sickening and perverted and criminal.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@bathina You believe all of them. And you think none of them had any responsibility for anything. I suspect you’re a little too close a situation like this...personally or by extension...to be objective.

First I want to say I believe her.  She not only has her story but an investigation that backs it up even if nothing comes of it.  All of those young women sitting together, I believe them, they certainly didn't create stories together that meshed from nothing.

That said, @esmerelda , I'm a little surprised you will tell bathina what she believes and thinks, and deduce in your suspicious mind she is not objective due to possible some personal knowledge or experience, from that.  That's some magical flight of imagination there.  My point in saying that:  By that same token, one could deduce that people who suspect so-called victim stories because they waited years to tell, may doubt young girls who tell later on because they for years have protected one or more family sex offenders from discovery or simply refused to believe their son/brother/father could do such a thing.

We can get that crazy making wild suppositions based on knowing nothing in reality about one another here.

I was going to ignore that moronic comment, but you've said it a lot nicer than I would have. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Tinkrbl44, the woman interviewed last night did not say any of those things you mentioned were done to her.

And to be clear my post says she should have accepted some responsibility. She went back voluntarily the next day to Epsteins after the initial encounter with him, her choice, because she wanted to further her masseuse career. I'm not blaming the victim when I say she had some responsibility.

I think some comments here are being made by people who did not watch the show and therefore, for this particular case, don't really know what they are talking about.

@Pearlee 

Good grief Pearly, I've seen other shows on human trafficking and sex slaves, etc and girls and women are often threatened to make them fearful and keep them in line.  I said "probably" because it's a pretty common tactic.  I know you like to think you are always right, but the previous post was my speculation.  Give it a rest.

Esteemed Contributor

So far there are only accusations. We saw not so long ago that all accusations are not based in fact. If some of these victims were runaways,  I ‘d have more sympathy. But most if not all of these girls had parents. Where were they then? Where are they now? They would certainly have something to add to the story, don’t you think? 

Honestly, I have a little interest in the story. I know no facts about it, I can do nothing about it.  In the end the big fish will swim away. Hopefully other young women will take note and learn from the experiences of those before them. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

Seventeen years old is a child. Children who have been molested bear no responsibility for their molestation. Dispicable, evil thinking.

Agree completely

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as Prince Andrew I think it's entirely possible that he's guilty of this. Didn't watch the show, didn't know it was on. But I can still form an opinion. I believe his daughter Eugenie is involved with the cause of ending human trafficking. Awkward to say the least.

What about R Kelly, those girls were just with him to "further their careers"? I saw the documentary and read about all of it and saw his interview with Gayle King. He manipulated and brainwashed those girls against their parents. He groomed them, he held them captive and didn't allow them to see their parents. He has a sick obsession with young girls and so did Jeffrey Epstein and all the men involved with the crimes against those girls. I'm sure Epstein manipulated and groomed and brainwashed too. All of that and more is how these crimes are carried out.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"