Valued Contributor

Re: Woman Who Allegedly Was Trafficked to Prince Andrew On Dateline Tonight

Supposedly all these women were young teenagers when this happened.  How does an underaged teenage girl take off for Europe on a private jet and get flown to a private island supposedly for days and her parents know nothing of what is going on in their daughter's life?  

You have to have passports.  You have to have explanations to your family as to why you are missing for days.  How does this happen with no parent getting suspicious?  

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.  Why didn’t this woman expose this when it happened?  Something so heinous and they keep quiet?  

@Jinlei  This isn't the first time this was exposed.  Maybe not this particular woman speaking out now but I just googled and almost 10 years ago there were stories of Epstein and underage girls and him being friends with Prince Andrew and wondering if he knew/participated. 

My guess is 10 years ago it was much easier to bury the Prince Andrew connection than it is today.  

Trusted Contributor

Victims do not come forward for many reasons. Most of the time it is because they feel no one would believe them. Most of them were very young when all of this happened.

The first time he was charged he got a slap on the hand. All was hushed up. The viictims had no voice then, Who knows if they did want to come forward then. Then like a coward he killed himself and once again the victims have no recourse and have many people not believing them. When the victim shaming happens in any case this one or Priests, or Michael Jackson, other victims out there see's what happens and just give up. Fear and shame are sometimes too poweful to overcome.

At least this time they can tell their story, and maybe just maybe help someone else who may be in the same situation.         

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 I agree these accusers need to take some responsibility. VIctoria consented to doing what she did to advance her "career" as a masseuse. She was still a minor at 17 but in many states now at least she was old enough to consent. So I think she was minimizing her role and motives and willing participation.

That said I did believe her including what she said about Andrew. I found her to be completely credible. @dulwich did you believe her about Andrew?
Respected Contributor

I just wonder how some posters here would feel if their 17 year old daughter was talked into giving massages, either by her friends or by a charismatic, fun, interesting adult who promises them the world. Those who say these girls hold responsibility have never been around young girls or dont understand how kids can be swayed. Do the boys molested by priest bear responsibility because they kept going back to church? Placing ANY blame on children who were abused by adults is disgusting.
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:
I just wonder how some posters here would feel if their 17 year old daughter was talked into giving massages, either by her friends or by a charismatic, fun, interesting adult who promises them the world. Those who say these girls hold responsibility have never been around young girls or dont understand how kids can be swayed. Do the boys molested by priest bear responsibility because they kept going back to church? Placing ANY blame on children who were abused by adults is disgusting.

@bathina 

People just loooove to blame the victim.  In this case, underage girls were probably threated with beatings, murder ... or acid in the face.   

A lot of people victimized can just never come forward because perpetrators know how to keep them in line

Respected Contributor

Were talking you teenage girls who were targeted and groomed. This was done TO THEM by adults. These girls dont bear any responsibility. They were children when this occurred. Blaming the victim is EXACTLY why many victims of sex abuse dont come forward for years and years. People who blame victims contribute to the abuse by perpetuating a cycle of fear, shame and silence.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, the woman interviewed last night did not say any of those things you mentioned were done to her.

And to be clear my post says she should have accepted some responsibility. She went back voluntarily the next day to Epsteins after the initial encounter with him, her choice, because she wanted to further her masseuse career. I'm not blaming the victim when I say she had some responsibility.

I think some comments here are being made by people who did not watch the show and therefore, for this particular case, don't really know what they are talking about.
Honored Contributor

@bathina @Tinkrbl44 

Thank you, Both. Sickening! Blaming the victims. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee what masseuse career? Roberts was 14 when this started. The other girls were 16 or 17. They had no careers. They were CHILDREN. Do you blame the altar boys who were raped by priests for their assaults? Shouldnt they also take some responsibility since they went back to church? Serious question.