Honored Contributor

Re: Windy City Rehab on HGTV?

On Home Town this week it was amazing that they had the opportunity to take a run down house that sold for $30k and be able to put $80k into it and make it a really great place.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I haven't watched it, but I'm getting really tired of the many commercials I see for it, even when I'm watching non-HGTV channels.  They seem to be pushing it really hard, but it doens't look interesting to me.

Trusted Contributor

I like the Our Home Town also they do a nice job and the prices are realistic,

Trusted Contributor

What I didn't understand last night was the whole story about the casings. She took out all the original casings and had them make identical new ones but they didn't put any casings back, so I wasn't sure where these casings went. Maybe the bedrooms that they didn't show?

I didn't get the casing thing either.  Also painting it all white it looses some of the beauty.  I wonder if it's the same issue she had before, that they maybe lost the original casing, they seem to have problems with that, and they are in such a rush at the end that they maybe forget about it,

Honored Contributor

I watched about 15 minutes of a show and couldn't get into it.

Regular Contributor

I really enjoy watching Hometown, also.  Erin and Ben seem like such nice, down to earth people.  No DRAMA with this show.  It's relaxing and enjoyable to watch and I love their designs.

Trusted Contributor

I call Windy City Rehab DRAMA TV!  Not for me!  I agree with several of the rest of you.... Love Home Town.... also I like Mina and Karen.... cant remember the name of that show.... Karen is the mom.

Honored Contributor

We like this show - my husband likes it more than I do.  I think there is too much fake scripted drama - but every DIY show has fake scripted drama so there's that.  I like her renovations and finishes generally, and I love the historic Chicago pieces she brings in.  She has a thing for very expensive custom range hoods. Her homes are definitely for a much higher priced market than most other renovation shows.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I normally love these type of home rehab shows but the commercials have done nothing to draw me in.  I actually caught part of an episode (it was probably a repeat) and I had the same reaction whereas I just could not get into it.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@game-on wrote:

I call Windy City Rehab DRAMA TV!  Not for me!  I agree with several of the rest of you.... Love Home Town.... also I like Mina and Karen.... cant remember the name of that show.... Karen is the mom.

@game-on  Good Bones.  We like that show, too.