Esteemed Contributor

Re: Willie Garson "Stanford Blatch" Has Died

I hadn't heard this yet and am so sorry to hear it.  

I didn't know he and SJP were good friends away from the show but there always appeared to be such a loving chemistry (on the show) between them that I didn't notice with anyone else.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Stanny, may you rest in peace. I loved he and Mario Cantone on the show. 

Respected Contributor

Willie Garson was a proud parent of one child, his son Nathen. He was also an advocate for organizations that help children find homes through adoption.
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

Oh nooo....I just loved him. He was one of SATC's most endearing characters and he played Stanford so well.

I'm so sad to hear this~much too young. May he RIP. 😔 ps. Cancer sucks! Period, end of story.

@amyb  He did play Stanford well. In the article I read about his death, it said he was straight! Never knew that!  He even met SJP when someone set them up on a blind date.

Respected Contributor

Very sad to hear this.  Enjoyed his acting,and he was good on the game shows,too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@amyb wrote:

Oh nooo....I just loved him. He was one of SATC's most endearing characters and he played Stanford so well.

I'm so sad to hear this~much too young. May he RIP. 😔 ps. Cancer sucks! Period, end of story.

@amyb  He did play Stanford well. In the article I read about his death, it said he was straight! Never knew that!  He even met SJP when someone set them up on a blind date.

I know...I had to keep being reminded he was straight! He played that sweet, vulnerable, funny Stanford like he was real. I wanted a Stanford bff...I mean what girl didn't?!

If you can find it, I don't think I can post the link here...his adopted son wrote the sweetest Instagram tribute to him, with an endearing photo, makes me sad...anyway, it was in one of the articles I read on him on BBC news site. 

Honored Contributor

A real loss. One of the many factors that made SATC truly iconic television. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I also read he was straight, but so often cast as a gay man. He adopted Nathan when he was 7, very lucky kid !!!

Honored Contributor

@amyb   I saw what Nathen posted yesterday when I read news of Garson's death. Thanks though

Honored Contributor

I also saw what his son wrote (on another board) this morning.  It was lovely.    This is just so sad.  So young.   I mostly knew him from SATC and I think they are still filming the new one, IIRC.

Smiley Sad   Breaks my heart.