Honored Contributor

Article in NY Post today quotes Marlee Matlin's book about William Hurt abusing her. He didn't deny what she wrote but stated he had apologized to her for any hurt she suffered.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Article in NY Post today quotes Marlee Matlin's book about William Hurt abusing her. He didn't deny what she wrote but stated he had apologized to her for any hurt she suffered.

@Pearlee I remember them dating while making the movie" Children of A lesser God," and I remember hearing abuse comments after they broke up as well..... 

Esteemed Contributor

Besides The Big Chill and Body Heat, The Proposition with Madeleine Stowe was a great movie.

RIP.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Very sad news. I first saw him in The Big chill in 1984. I saw that movie many times over. RIP William Hurt

Loved The Big Chill

Respected Contributor

Someone I know just advised me that William Hurt was the executive producer of a film called "The Unspeakable" which is of a topic that cannot be discussed or written about here, as it truly is "unspeakable" from a censoring perspective, and considering people's strong personal opinions about the topic.  I had no knowledge that this film existed until this morning.  I plan to watch it. 'Nuff said. 

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Someone I know just advised me that William Hurt was the executive producer of a film called "The Unspeakable" which is of a topic that cannot be discussed or written about here, as it truly is "unspeakable" from a censoring perspective, and considering people's strong personal opinions about the topic.  I had no knowledge that this film existed until this morning.  I plan to watch it. 'Nuff said. 

@Jersey Born  As far as I'm concerned this is nothing new. This isn't the only theory, there have been many. Believe what you will, that is everyone's choice.

Respected Contributor

nine eleven

Honored Contributor

For me his best were Children of a Lesser God, Body Heat and The Doctor is which he played a very arrogant doctor who became a cancer patient himself.