Honored Contributor

Re: Will you watch the Oscars tonight?

Nope. Not into celebrity worship at all. Overrated and overpaid, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter

The fact that we have a right to express opinions has NADA to do with politics at [insert awards show here].

Of course threads about the Oscars include comments about winners using awards for political purposes. Because they ARE entertainment awards, NOT a platform for winners' politics, and the usual troupe traipsing onstage to preach to the country. They've bastardized the presentation, which many USED to enjoy watching, and that's borne out in their ever-tanking ratings.

And they WILL continue to flap their gums, folks, now that ex-politicos have been tapped to write their speeches 😉. Get ready for Laura Dern--next to Patricia Arquette, she's one of the biggest malcontents in the industry.

I like the red carpet show. Those who pass on the rest of it can see and hear all about the frantic rants, tomorrow. That's always fodder for the gabfests.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Wouldn't accept cash to watch it.  

Well, maybe cash but it would have to be a LOT of cash.   

To me, it's the epitome of Hollywood Hypocrites Inc. and self aggrandizement.   And that's what I really think. Woman Frustrated

Super Contributor

Yes, I will watch, and I will likely agree with most if not all of the statements made in the speeches. I have no interest in the Super Bowl or other such events. This is something that I look forward to every year.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

Who on earth is that guy in a big skirt or dress interviewing people on ABC?

Antonio Banderas looks like something has been done to his face to make him look younger.
Honored Contributor

I enjoy the red carpet talk prior, but never watch the show.  I have too many TV shows on Sunday night that I watch.

Honored Contributor

Al Pachino looks terrible....needs a beard clean up and has dirty hair....🤮

Frequent Contributor

No.  They are nothing to me.

Honored Contributor

I just saw a quick view of Brad Pitt.  His hair looks awful.  He looked so much better when he was with Angelina.  I wonder if his hair is for a role he is playing.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Who on earth is that guy in a big skirt or dress interviewing people on ABC?

Antonio Banderas looks like something has been done to his face to make him look younger.

Are you talking about Billy Porter? He is a free spirit and marches to the beat of his own drum ( I say good for him).