Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will you watch the Oscars tonight?

[ Edited ]

I watched the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed it. The entertainment industry is and has been a major part of American life historically. They say art imitates life, and as humans we are involved in the human condition and all it entails. There was great variety in the themes of all the films nominated, including the animated ones. As for the actors and actresses, whatever you think of them personally, it may look easy to portray a character, but I know I couldn't do it. For instance, Renee Zellweger tirelessly researches her roles and becomes the character she portrays in every facet. She's an amazing actress as are the others.  Those nominated deserved to be acknowledged. Our film iindustry is just as much worthy of recognition as the sports industry, another of our major entertainment history in this country. They have their SuperBowls; the fil industry has its Oscars. Kudos to the cast and crew of Parasite. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I just saw a quick view of Brad Pitt.  His hair looks awful.  He looked so much better when he was with Angelina.  I wonder if his hair is for a role he is playing.

yes... The role of a single guy!Woman LOL

LOLSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I didn't watch the Oscars.  There was a garden show on Q - Sandra Bennett with the Robertas - so I watched that instead.  However, I must say that Sandra is not a very convincing gardening host.

They should let Carolyn do those shows.  She is good at it.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Well according to the Hollywood Reporter and USA Today the ratings hit an all time low. I guess the film industry isn't all that important as they thought they were. I myself read, talked on the phone, hung out with hubby and watched shows from my DVR. If you lean left it might be palatable but definitely not if you lean right. At the end of the day Hollywood award shows have become obsolete. Do I really care if Brad Pitt got an acting award? No not really.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I watched until about 915pm, had to go to bed for work today. I thought it was very good and I was really enjoying it up to then......I like the no host. The show goes by faster, I think!

Honored Contributor

I thought they did a really good job this year and I thoroughly enjoyed the show.   I am on the West Coast so it was not late for me.  

Valued Contributor

I too watched and enjoyed!  I thought the pace was great and enjoyed much more than in previous years.  

Honored Contributor

I certainly didnt find Eminem's performance enjoyable since it was interrupted every few seconds by censorship bleeps! 😳🤯
Esteemed Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@Mersha,,

I agree - will have to see Parasite out of curiosity.  I had no idea what it was about to get so many awards during the previous award shows leading to the Oscar.  

I did see the Judy Garland movie and thought Renee Z was spot on.  

After hearing what Parasite is about, I understand why it was a favorite. 

I was lucky enough to see the winning animated doc, Hair Love. The way the stoey unfolded. Beautiful! I cried.  😢

Heard today the director, Matthew Cherry, is a former Baltimore Raven. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

NO!  I never watch any of the awards shows.  Isn't there one at least every month;  anyway it seems that way.  No other profession, if you call what they do a profession, has multiple self congratulatory orgies multiple times a year.  Cannot stand any of them.